oneBoro Forum

Boro V Watford (A) 0-1

I can see this being a bit like the Blackpool away game - both sides playing defensively then one getting a late goal in through breaks in concentration. Watford are now tight defensively and Boro have I think 8 games of 10 in not conceding. In truth both sides are in danger of seasons that are fizzling out and planning for next year. I think this hinges on whether AA starts, but Carayol was very good against Blackburn. We cannot play Leadbitter as number 10, so maybe Butterfield should be given another chance or possibly put Ledesma there. It would be some record to go five games without scoring (not in a good way) - I think 1:0 to Boro.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Last week there were many road closures in Watford due to flooding. There hasn't been much let up in the rain but our match on Tuesday was never in doubt and nor will tomorrow's match be in jeopardy. We have a desso system pitch which, along with the foundations, drainage etc, was re-laid 18 months ago.

As for predictions. Well we will need to score 3 to win as Graham and Chalobah will score for you ;-). Because of last seasons 'success' , teams have come and been even more defensive at Vicarage Road and I'm not expecting anything different from you guys. Like yours our Manager has tried to make us more difficult to score against but we have also scored 11 in our last 6 games.

I feel it it will be a tight affair and only hope that its a far more entertaining game than on Tuesday. Our manager is a tactician and if you have a set style he might find some way through. For me both teams have a lot of quality and if you come for more than a draw, I fancy us to nick it by the odd goal. 2-1.

Your manager can be as much of a tactician as he wants but in our last 10 we've lost once against Leicester and we've kept 8 clean sheets in 10 conceding 4 goals!

Goals have been hard for us to come by more recently. We've not scored in our last 4. However in our last match we seemed to be looking more creative and in particular our wingers are absolutely devastating. We created plenty of chances but couldn't finish any. Both teams are looking solid at the back and we seem to be the experts of 0-0 draws, so I'm going to say a 4-3 win for the boro with a George friend hattrick and shay given penalty with several hones to come on as a sub in the 80th minute and not to be outdone by friend, subsequently score a hattrick of own goals with the last in the 98th minute (there's going to be 10 minutes of injury time when woodgate fractures his skull and simultaneously injures his a achilles and acl after falling over tying his laces). This will set up a tense finale but boro will prevail.

Your manager can be as much of a tactician as he wants but in our last 10 we've lost once against Leicester and we've kept 8 clean sheets in 10 conceding 4 goals!

Goals have been hard for us to come by more recently. We've not scored in our last 4. However in our last match we seemed to be looking more creative and in particular our wingers are absolutely devastating. We created plenty of chances but couldn't finish any. Both teams are looking solid at the back and we seem to be the experts of 0-0 draws, so I'm going to say a 4-3 win for the boro with a George friend hattrick and shay given penalty with several hones to come on as a sub in the 80th minute and not to be outdone by friend, subsequently score a hattrick of own goals with the last in the 98th minute (there's going to be 10 minutes of injury time when woodgate fractures his skull and simultaneously injures his a achilles and acl after falling over tying his laces). This will set up a tense finale but boro will prevail.

Just typed that outcome into BET365 and the odds came out as evens :p

Who's Several Hones? Is he another Spaniard that Karanka has roped in?

Who's Several Hones? Is he another Spaniard that Karanka has roped in?

That's my new phones auto corrected version of Seb Hines. Fml. :P

Does anyone know how the weather is in Watford at the moment and the forecast for overnight/tomorrow?. I really hope the game doesn't get postponed as it will mean Tomlin won't be available against Leeds next Saturday.