oneBoro Forum

Boro V Watford (A) 0-1

Win win win win win win win win win Win win win win win win win win win Win win win win win win win win win Win win win win win win win win win Win win win win win win win win win Win win win win win win win win win Win win win win win win win win win Win win win win win win win win win

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much cold weather here; too much snow. I hate winter. I've not commented in many days, but thought I'd throw in a question.

So, tell me why Kamara isn't playing more. Really would like to see him spark up the offense. Is he being held back by injury or by the emergence of other players? I think he's settled into life there and is happy. But, why isn't he getting playing time?

came of the bench a few times but he hasnt impressed me at all. looks a shadow of the player we had at the start of the season. cant see him getting much game time in the near future either as we have just signed a new striker on loan.

to be fair to him since he has came back the whole team hasnt been the greatest, hopefully as the team pick up form so will he

just taken this off fmttm;

Been told today that if the expected rain comes on Friday the Watford game will get called off

Apparently their pitch is a mess already and the rain will just swamp it.

Just giving people the heads up!

It'll probably get called off 15 minutes before kick off then. Not like we have far to travel :)

Nice effort MBP but slight edit made lol!!!

Well the weather today is fine so as I am so close to Watford Hertfordshire I would imagine it is the same there. Dry and sunny but I daresay that things will change and this game will be subject to cancellation at anytime I guess perhaps it would suit watford to a degree but I do hope it goes ahead.

Can see this being a draw but we must score in this game surely Danny Graham coming back to haunt his old club and besides he scored for Watford against The Boro so hopefully tables will be turned.

Should be a good game and one we could very well win............as long as we score

Too much cold weather here; too much snow. I hate winter. I've not commented in many days, but thought I'd throw in a question.

So, tell me why Kamara isn't playing more. Really would like to see him spark up the offense. Is he being held back by injury or by the emergence of other players? I think he's settled into life there and is happy. But, why isn't he getting playing time?

came of the bench a few times but he hasnt impressed me at all. looks a shadow of the player we had at the start of the season. cant see him getting much game time in the near future either as we have just signed a new striker on loan.

to be fair to him since he has came back the whole team hasnt been the greatest, hopefully as the team pick up form so will he

just taken this off fmttm;

Been told today that if the expected rain comes on Friday the Watford game will get called off

Apparently their pitch is a mess already and the rain will just swamp it.

Just giving people the heads up!

Dont know where you got your information from, the pitch was in perfect condition on Tuesday. I would doubt very much if there will be a problem with the pitch

It will be a typical Championship game, very little between the two teams. The new manager at Watford has improved their defence since he has arrived especially at home only one goal conceded in their last five home games. The transfer window brought in five new players and it has brought an improvement in form with two wins and a draw at Leicester, they needed a defensive midfielder badly and since Tozser came they are unbeaten. I dont expect a high scoring game but it will be nice to see a couple of our former players, how is Chalobah doing? a class player in the right setup

Chalobah has had to bide his time to get into the side as Karanka has been happy with the job Whitehead and Leadbitter have been doing protecting the back four. But lately he started to play and in his only home game he started v Blackburn he done well(very mobile, good on the ball) and should surely keep his play in the side for the game on Saturday. Everything is pointing towards a tactical game where there will be very little chances created so a 0-0 or a 1-0 for whoever makes the most of their few chances in front of goal.

Love the match thread MBP! :D

Have to admit to being a little surprised at how far What?ford have fallen down the table. I think the last time I checked, they were still in the play-off places.

Thoughts on the match are pretty much the same as the Blackburn fixture. While Boro have better recent form than the hosts, the overall season stats for both teams are similar enough to make it difficult to predict the outcome. Normally, I'd have What?ford to just shade the match and get the win thanks to home advantage, but given our stellar defensive record, we ought to at least come away with a share of the spoils.

WATFORD: W9¦ D11¦ L9¦ F43¦ A37¦ Pts 38¦ Pos 13th

BORO: W9¦ D12¦ L9¦ F41¦ A35¦ Pts 39¦ Pos 12th

Last 10 Games

WATFORD: W3 D4 L3

BORO: W5 D4 L1

Seems Boro and What?ford haven't played each other that often. According to Boro Mad, our record at their place is as follows:

Played: 15

Watford Win: 7

Draw: 2

Boro Win: 6

Watford Goals: 20

Boro Goals: 18

Biggest Watford Win: 3 - 1 (2010/11)

Biggest Boro Win: 4 - 1 (2006/07)

Last Watford Win: 2 - 1 (2011/12)

Last Boro Win: 2 - 1 (2012/13)

The reverse fixture this season ended in a 2 - 2 draw at the Riverside.

My Prediction: What?ford 1 - 1 Middlesbrough

Perhaps I might be letting my heart rule my head here (never break the habit of a lifetime) but I think we might sneak this. Now that we've tightened up the defence, the focus will be on scoring goals and imo this will be our first real crack at that with Graham (yes, I know he played last week but that was much too soon after signing).

Watford are a good team, but they're all good teams. The Champo is the new PL, in fact it's more exciting than the PL to be honest. We can go to Vicarage Road and come back with 3 points.

UTB