oneBoro Forum

Boro V Watford (A) 0-1

RE: Boro V Watford (A)

Ah I see the doom-***erers are out in force when we've gone 1-0 down.

No - the doom-***ering is NOT because we're 1-0 down and going to lose today. Its because of today and the 4 previous games.

I'm not given to knee-jerk reactions.

Its been pretty obvious for some time that we have some serious problems, which have only been mitigated thanks to our excellent (until today) defensive record.

Your initial comment saying you hope we can survive relegation is ridiculous. In our last 10 we've gotten 19 points out of 30. Considering promotion form is averaging 2 points a game, I think we'll be alright. Like you said we've been rock solid at the back and picking up points, rather than scoring plenty and letting more in and losing points. Playoffs might not be in the picture, but if you're ruling out playoffs, you have to rule out relegation also considering that we're 15 points clear of 22nd and in fact closer to the playoffs.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The most frustrating thing in football is playing well but not getting results, i hope AK has more of an idea whats going on than me :s

I may be wrong, but listening to the commentary, we're not actually playing that well. Lots of effort, yes, but lack of quality and poor decision making is costing us - preventing us creating more goalscoring chances and converting those we do create.

Why are people saying this is Mowbray mode? We never scored very much under Karanka, we been solid in defence. With Mowbray we scored like crazy (3rd most in the league or something) but we conceded even more crazy

So frustrating how toothless we've become. Seems to be another season consigned to a mid table finish and a "try again next year" im afraid :(

I think most of us would have been quite happy with that outcome if asked in September. I think the little run we went on sort of gave a false hope and now it's just been a bit derailed, it's still a lot better than if was, we just need a bit of, belief and confidence in front of goal. We create enough chances and the defence is pretty solid at moment. It's coming together, albeit a bit slowly

Gibsons sending off has royally screwed us for next week. Tomlin would have been coming into the squad for either ormarou or varga surely and now we will prob need both in the starting lineup so wont have the space in the squad for another loan signing.

It's funny, but when I was looking through what people were predicting for this match in the Predictions League, it was noticeable that many of us put us down for a draw. Given the tireless optimism of Boro fans, read that as a defeat. Well, we lost - to a penalty - and we did dominate for most of the game. There were a lot of chances created but we just didn't capitalise on them - again.

For what it's worth, I've never rated Danny Graham very highly and he hasn't done anything yet to change my opinion. Tomlin might be the fresh blood we need.

Team for leeds will have to be

Given

Varga. Woody. Chabaloah. Friend

Carayol. Whitehead. Leadbitter. Adomah

Tomlin

Graham

You're forgetting that we have Omerou and Hines :P

I did forget about omerou yes ..........so i cant make my mind up about whithead or chabeloa now

Gibsons sending off has royally screwed us for next week. Tomlin would have been coming into the squad for either ormarou or varga surely and now we will prob need both in the starting lineup so wont have the space in the squad for another loan signing.

It would've been one of Chalobah, Leadbitter or Whitehead to be dropped if we were keeping the same system. Logical choice would be to drop Chalobah.