• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The nail was in the coffin when we had a disastrous January Transfer Window. Brought in a player who was going to be suspended for 3 games and a striker who has less confidence than Jutkiewicz

You've changed your tune.

"It's been a pleasure bring a part of this transfer thread, there's been highs and lows but overall I'm satisfied with the overall business the club conducted. I would have liked one or two foreign imports but maybe buying players who are proven in this league is what we need right now. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what Lee Tomlin has to offer, he WILL be much more effective than Marv, that's a certainty"

---------------- Given ----------------

Omerou - Chalobah - Woodgate - Friend

-------- Leadbitter - Whitehead --------

---- Adomah --- Tomlin --- Carayol ----

---------------- Graham ---------------

Dimi, Hines, Butterfield, Main, Kamara, Ledesma, Brobbel

RE: Boro V Watford (A)

Ah I see the doom-***erers are out in force when we've gone 1-0 down.

No - the doom-***ering is NOT because we're 1-0 down and going to lose today. Its because of today and the 4 previous games.

I'm not given to knee-jerk reactions.

Its been pretty obvious for some time that we have some serious problems, which have only been mitigated thanks to our excellent (until today) defensive record.

Your initial comment saying you hope we can survive relegation is ridiculous. In our last 10 we've gotten 19 points out of 30. Considering promotion form is averaging 2 points a game, I think we'll be alright. Like you said we've been rock solid at the back and picking up points, rather than scoring plenty and letting more in and losing points. Playoffs might not be in the picture, but if you're ruling out playoffs, you have to rule out relegation also considering that we're 15 points clear of 22nd and in fact closer to the playoffs.

Call it what you like. I prefer to call it realistic, or at least pragmatic.

I like the way you extend your dataset to our last 10 games. If you look at the last 5 it tells a rather different story. Now imagine how much worse our position would be if we hadn't managed to keep clean sheets in those games...

We conceded today and still weren't able to score. Today, combined with the 4 previous games shows me a worrying trend. Even more so when you consider we're losing Given soon and will be reliant on Steele and the unknown quantity that is Osorio for the rest of the season.

Yes, we're fine now, bit if this trend isn't reversed fairly soon, we COULD well find ourselves a lot closer to the drop zone that we'd like.

Given our previous experience with Mowbray, we know bad runs can last a VERY long time. Obviously Karanka may be able to turn things around quickly, but right now they're looking a bit dicey, to say the least...

@Ladyspite: Okay, the "Mowbray Mode" comment was maybe a tad inaccurate. Yes we did score goals, but we conceded more and the end result was the same...

Most disappointing thing about todays result is that it's essentially the end of our season. Even when the play offs were unlikely it was still exciting to think it was possible and gave us plenty to play for. From now till summer it'll just be a drag.

What beggars belief is the fact that we brought in a striker on loan that has scored one, "ONE" goal since leaving Swansea, and then expecting him to lead the line here.

Decent strikers cost decent money. We obviously don't have decent money. But apparently we will have next season. So thats alright then.

Where is, or what has happened to that excellent team that some experts said we have on paper.

And a few contracts out too. I suspect what we're seeing right now is nothing like what we'll have next season. Which is exciting and worrying in equal measures!

It can only be a good thing, the current squad just isn't good enough for promotion

That's true, but throwing together a whole new squad can have it's drawbacks too if not done carefully and with a lot of research. It'll be a bit of a throw of the dice, we could end up much better or much worse. Hopefully Karanka and the scouting team are already well ahead on some of their targets already.

The thing is that very few teams in the league have outstanding strikers, most teams would love Danny graham, yet they can all score a respectable amount of goals unlike us. Even yeovil town with a budget of £0 have managed nine goals since we managed one. I really don't understand it. I suppose thats why I'm not a manager

Defence unit has now proved it's solid, ignoring todays penalty, for next season which is always crucial to a promotion push. We just have to tick over until the summer then reinforce our attack with Karanka's guys that he wants then we will be a force.

Chin up boys is all I'd say Im excited for next season, our playoff hopes ended when we had the dreadful start to the season in my opinion.