• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Middlesbrough FC ‏@Boro 1m

AITOR POST WATFORD: "I am angry and frustrated. We keep making mistakes and maybe some players think they are better than they are."

Very interesting and very worrying at the same time..

I can see a few changes in the next game after reading that comment and I agree completely with him. Some players think they are God's gift. Can't wait for his summer clear out, some of our squad will be in for a shock.

I think he was referring mainly to Ledesma. He seems to have dramatically faded away in recent games. He tries the spectacular thinking he's Ronaldo but epically FAILS.

yep, ledesma should be gone, he's had one or two good games this year, and that's about it.

Our main problem is that creative person behind the front man. we have nobody who can play there, hopefully tomlin will play this role nicely when he starts next week.

Was at the game today. Frustrating and gutting match. First half we did everything right apart from finishing them off. Not sure why we had our goal disallowed (I could go on all night about the officiating today) but from there we looked like we couldn't break then down. Interesting that someone mentioned dropping players, can't see Ben Gibson in the squad for a few games after his suspension. I know he's a young pro and he's still learning but the penalty was a silly challenge and when he ran into the keeper it was just ridiculous. You don't do that on a yellow card, even I know that. I think he deserves to get the hair dryer for that, he's cost us big time today. Ledesma was dreadful, Adomah looked lost in the first half when he came to delivering the ball in the box, why Curtis main came on before Kamara is beyond me. Standouts for me were friend and Woodgate. On a separate note. Watford's ground and fans are diabolical. Only sang with 5 minutes left. Disgruntled and now I have to go out for my girlfriends best mates birthday at a bloody kareoke bar!

Ok just back in from the game and today had the benefit of having 3 of my sons friends in attendance who were able to give a neutral opinion of the game.

Will say straight away that Watford did not deserve to win and we did not deserve to lose but we did not deserve to win either fine balances heh??

We simply gifted Watford the win by plain and utter stupidity especially from Gibson what on earth went through his head when already on a yellow card is beyond me and the penalty was the only thing that they got right today.

Our possession in the first half was great and there were some good passages of play UNTIL it got to Ledesma who clearly thought he was the only player on the park and his utter selfishness stopped the Boro going forward once it came to him.

The neutrals in attendance all said the same thing about the difference between Deeney and Graham..one works hard the other did not and apart from a few glimpses the game passed him by without anything worthwhile to offer save the final seconds when he should have equalised. Will keep an open mind about DG and will see if he progresses but there is something missing from his overall play.

Defensively we seemed very solid ok a bit open towards the end but we were trying to get an equaliser.

Today was not the day to have Leadbitter and Whitehead playing at the same time because there was far too much side to side and no penertration.

Gearge had a decent game and was possibly the best player on the pitch but oh he really should have gone down instead of manfully staying on his feet when tackled in the penalty area.

No end product no clear cut chances some pretty stuff at times but overall a disjointed performance which was amplified by us not keeping 11 players on the pitch. It is also clear that Main is not proficient enough yet at this level he huffs and puffs runs around but has no control to improve the performance of the team.

Where this goal will come from I do not know but we have to increase pace and delievery into the box and have players coming on to meet the ball. Also i hope carayol stops trying to shoot with his right foot.

Was great to meet with UweFuchshe and his good lady before and during the game.

Lets hope Humpty has better luck than MBP for the Leeds thread

Karanka out mulenstien in

surely you jest?

after mowbrays horrific 3 years in charge, you're giving karanka 3 month?

away and gies peace

So I left my phone at home first and foremost which irritated me, so I was already in a bit of a bad mood.

Then that shower of *** happened. I've never seen a team have so much possession with no cutting edge. Gibson can have no defence today, he was a liability and cost us the game.

Graham looks lazy.

Adomah, to be fair coming back from injury, looked off the pace.

Main is not good enough - time to get rid, he's a poser.

Carayol looks tired, made some good runs nonetheless.

Woodgate was superb I felt.

Given is gonna be a huge loss, Steele is good but Given is better and will be missed. I don't care if anyone wants to argue the toss, Given is better. That's not to say I don't rate Steele...

Friend was decent, one or two misplaced passes but no one is perfect.

Varga was shaky.

All in all I think we dominated in a game which was really, really ***.

We should have won.

We were robbed.

Clearout in the summer.

Also Ledesma was appalling today.