oneBoro Forum

Boro V Watford (A) 0-1

Was chatting to a Watford fan in a pub after the game and he said it's the worst performance he's seen from them. They were absolutely dreadful, typical 'defend to the end' Italian style Serie A football. As soon as they scored they played for time. Diving, time wasting playing up to the ref. It was horrible to watch. The ref was fine today it's the assistant that was dire. Anyway Woody and Friend were exceptional. Leadbitter Whitehead Varga and Chabolah were solid Adomah was wasted on the left and Ledesma was wasted on the right.

Danny graham was far to static never made a run just wanted the ball to come to him.

Like DS said we didn't deserve to win but didn't deserve to lose either. If in my mind I can write this season off and pretend the results don't really matter I'd say I'm happy with the defence and not many teams will score against us. But I can't and each defeat is a cut to the heart so we need more quality in the final 3rd otherwise days like today are gonna be a more common performance. I'll do some match ratings later

Uwe out

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone start a thread regarding a Summer clear-out because I think it's time we start looking ahead now. I think there'll be a lot of conflicting and strong views, would be interesting

steele is a crackin keeper, but imo given is better than steele at this moment in time. he'll be missed.

Not just at this moment in time. Steele will become a very good keeper but he's never going to be as good as Given.

steele is a crackin keeper, but imo given is better than steele at this moment in time. he'll be missed.

Not just at this moment in time. Steele will become a very good keeper but he's never going to be as good as Given.

agree 100%

Given is something special which he has shown throughout his career.

I'm realistic when it comes to the academy. It's not the be all and end all as I've stated above. So don't try firing that at him.

I'm just sick of how under rated Steele was in the first part if this season. The number of times I watched him pull us out of the ***... well it was a regular occurrence.

Given is a great keeper I don't deny that, but our reorganisation is the reason for our turn defensive around in form. The way we play NOW is unrecognisable from the start of the season. It irks me soo much that people are still stating we're going to miss Given so much.

Steele is going to get slaughtered when he returns regardless. I'm angry right now grrrrr

Match ratings:

Given: 7. Had nothing to do really but commanded his box well and was quick of his line when needed

Varga: 7. Solid, much less erratic than I've seen before tried to pass the ball out of defence rather than hoof it

Gibson: 5. Cost us the match on two occasions. Didn't need to tackle in the box for the penalty and his red card was petulance and silly when already sat in a yellow.

Woody 8. MOM clever, organised won everything and was vocal. Never out of position. True leaders performance.

Friend. 8. Worked well with Adomah in the first half and muzzy in the second. Was a threat going forward and I remember a double tackle in the second half where he fairly clattered two Watford players taking the ball

Chabolah 6.5. Very comfortable on the ball. Always passed forward but was rust rivers when moved into CB

Whithead. 6. Solid as ever but too defensive minded when we were pushing for a goal and slowed play down too much.

Adomah.7. Which is below par for him not as effective on the left and will always try to cut in on his right foot and got caught because of it

Leadbitter 7.5. Solid as ever was involved in almost everything we did. Corners let him down but pull off 4-5 30m passes inch perfect.

Ledesma:5.5 totally non effective wide out on the right needs to be played centrally decision making was poor also.

Graham. 5.5. Like Ledesma non effective needs to increase work rate. Instead if waiting for chances to be gift wrapped.

Subs:

Muzzy. 7. Lively and quick was always doubled up on creating space for others. Just shouldn't bother shooting/crossing with his right foot.

Main. 6. Strong, fast and busy. But no footballing intelligence too easy to defend against.

Kei. N/a