oneBoro Forum
ManBearPig

Boro V Watford (A) 0-1

"turn up on the day" - Neil Maddos "secret" for success in this division. That's what he's being paid for!

@Scottwilsonecho: #Boro: Given; Varga, Woodgate, Gibson, Friend; Leadbitter, Whitehead; Adomah, Chalobah, Ledesma; Graham.

So Whitehead and Chalobah will be sitting deep with Leadbitter trying to link up play further up the field.

Didn't really work last time out did it?

0-0 written all over this.

Yeah but this is..... WATFORD!!!

Ah you cant beat a bit of boro negativity before the boys have even got their shirts on

Don't get me wrong, I'm hopeful that Graham will be sharper today, anticipating where the service is going to land with more aggressive movement in the box.

But it's painfully obvious to us all that Leadbitter is not the creative No 10. we're desperate for and Whitehead slows our play down so we are going to struggle going forward today against a decent side.

Our side will be so much more fluid once Tomlin comes into the team and Leadbitter replaces Whitehead. Can't see many goals being scored from a team playing 3 defensive midfielders

"turn up on the day" - Neil Maddos "secret" for success in this division. That's what he's being paid for!

He's clearly a nice bloke but he's about as insightful as the pub bore.

I love Maddo - I get my weekly fix of the native accent.

Are there any alternatives anyway!?

I love Maddo - I get my weekly fix of the native accent.

Are there any alternatives anyway!?

Sadly there isn't

Well, the Mackems scuppered my 6-way FA Cup accumulator nice and early :@ , so all I've got to look forward to now is a Boro win.

Come on lads, give us all something to cheer about...

Really quiet on here today...

Quite a few of the regulars, including DS are at the game. Hopefully one of them can send an update / report at half time...

• Latest Posts

• Getting Leo back was a joke the moment it was announced, it was so obvious why the club went for him. Someone posted on here that we wanted him back as keeper coach but he refused so we just offered first team coach job, if that’s true then it’s even worse. If one thing does my head in as much as our local obsession it’s our equally bad obsession with former employees. Even our one target for DoF job was an ex employee. If we had got round in then that would have gave us a management team of 6, of which 4 being former players/coaches. Its maddening how small our pool of options always seems to be, if there are rumours of a new ‘exciting’ backroom appointment you can almost guarantee it will be some uninspiringly boring ex/local.
    • we need a short term fix definitely. Like when Terry Venables came in to steer us clear. 
    • Definitely seems like Woodgate isn't cut out for it. But he's also not helped by his ridiculous backroom staff either, all equally as inexperienced in their roles as he is in his. And what on earth is Leo doing back? I'm sorry, I know his chest beating is popular with a lot of fans, but it just smacks of desperation from Gibson to appease the fans to me. 
    • Gibbo's preparing to fold the club up. That's the only logical explanation. The January window will be interesting...
    • Gibbos new estate is looking nice anyway.  Should distract him from this shower of *** club performance