oneBoro Forum
ManBearPig

Boro V Watford (A) 0-1

"turn up on the day" - Neil Maddos "secret" for success in this division. That's what he's being paid for!

@Scottwilsonecho: #Boro: Given; Varga, Woodgate, Gibson, Friend; Leadbitter, Whitehead; Adomah, Chalobah, Ledesma; Graham.

So Whitehead and Chalobah will be sitting deep with Leadbitter trying to link up play further up the field.

Didn't really work last time out did it?

0-0 written all over this.

Yeah but this is..... WATFORD!!!

Ah you cant beat a bit of boro negativity before the boys have even got their shirts on

Don't get me wrong, I'm hopeful that Graham will be sharper today, anticipating where the service is going to land with more aggressive movement in the box.

But it's painfully obvious to us all that Leadbitter is not the creative No 10. we're desperate for and Whitehead slows our play down so we are going to struggle going forward today against a decent side.

Our side will be so much more fluid once Tomlin comes into the team and Leadbitter replaces Whitehead. Can't see many goals being scored from a team playing 3 defensive midfielders

"turn up on the day" - Neil Maddos "secret" for success in this division. That's what he's being paid for!

He's clearly a nice bloke but he's about as insightful as the pub bore.

I love Maddo - I get my weekly fix of the native accent.

Are there any alternatives anyway!?

I love Maddo - I get my weekly fix of the native accent.

Are there any alternatives anyway!?

Sadly there isn't

Well, the Mackems scuppered my 6-way FA Cup accumulator nice and early :@ , so all I've got to look forward to now is a Boro win.

Come on lads, give us all something to cheer about...

Really quiet on here today...

Quite a few of the regulars, including DS are at the game. Hopefully one of them can send an update / report at half time...

• Latest Posts

• Liverpool, FA Cup 1/4 final 1977. Should have been  one up at half time, Alf Wood scored a blatant  disallowed goal that was well over the line. Liverpool went on to win with 2nd half goals from super sub Fairclough.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4zEzPygabw
    • A few ITK people have said that Gibson would be done already if not for the financial aspects of the deal. Hopefully Randolph leaving means that's closer to being sorted out.
    • Watched the match, didn't feel like posting along here. We started off badly and it didn't get much better after they scored. Second half was a bit better but honestly, we just looked so tired out there. 3 games in a week will do that to you though. Coulson just had a bad game, it happens. Gestede however, is terrible, has always been terrible for us, and the sooner his contract is up, the better. Spence didn't have the greatest of games either, he looked scared to take his man on and there was a lot of sideways passing. Again, tiredness or maybe he felt a bit intimidated by Fulham, the lad is only young and breaking into the first team and we should remember that. A must win game on Tuesday night now, though.
    • Not really one to share info but been told tonight there is definite interest in Gibson and both parties want it to happen. This information is from the same guy that told me about Ste Walker starting against Stoke which I posted about in the matchday thread a good few days before. As I say just passing on information but makes it more interesting after Woody’s BBC Tees interview. 
    • Just got back (found a nice pub after the game). Eerily similar to the spurs game earlier in the week. Preposterous first half full of errors, lying deep and conceding the midfield. Second half was end to end. Boro supporters in full voice, home fans mustering little. Roberts was excellent, he didn't stop running. Fulham looked dead good though, It took us a full half until we could scare them. I'd like to think a draw would have been fair but I think Fulham were just better (and so they should be). Onwards and upwards.