oneBoro Forum
ManBearPig

Boro V Watford (A) 0-1

"turn up on the day" - Neil Maddos "secret" for success in this division. That's what he's being paid for!

@Scottwilsonecho: #Boro: Given; Varga, Woodgate, Gibson, Friend; Leadbitter, Whitehead; Adomah, Chalobah, Ledesma; Graham.

So Whitehead and Chalobah will be sitting deep with Leadbitter trying to link up play further up the field.

Didn't really work last time out did it?

0-0 written all over this.

Yeah but this is..... WATFORD!!!

Ah you cant beat a bit of boro negativity before the boys have even got their shirts on

Don't get me wrong, I'm hopeful that Graham will be sharper today, anticipating where the service is going to land with more aggressive movement in the box.

But it's painfully obvious to us all that Leadbitter is not the creative No 10. we're desperate for and Whitehead slows our play down so we are going to struggle going forward today against a decent side.

Our side will be so much more fluid once Tomlin comes into the team and Leadbitter replaces Whitehead. Can't see many goals being scored from a team playing 3 defensive midfielders

"turn up on the day" - Neil Maddos "secret" for success in this division. That's what he's being paid for!

He's clearly a nice bloke but he's about as insightful as the pub bore.

I love Maddo - I get my weekly fix of the native accent.

Are there any alternatives anyway!?

I love Maddo - I get my weekly fix of the native accent.

Are there any alternatives anyway!?

Sadly there isn't

Well, the Mackems scuppered my 6-way FA Cup accumulator nice and early :@ , so all I've got to look forward to now is a Boro win.

Come on lads, give us all something to cheer about...

Really quiet on here today...

Quite a few of the regulars, including DS are at the game. Hopefully one of them can send an update / report at half time...

• Latest Posts

• I would go with following Pears Shotton Harold Friend Howson Paddy Wing Tav Coulson Britt Fletch Not against Spence but we need to get back to being strong and that back 3 has good experience and 2 out the 3 are naturally centre backs. So hopefully that offers the solidity we need Harsh on Sav but i think we need Tav in team as he carries the ball well from CM towards the strikers. And the link between midfield n forwards of late has been non existent. I deliberated whether to play Ravel or Britt with Fletch. Gone with Britt in hope of extra firepower. I am hoping Tavs inclusion means creativity of Ravel is less needed. Nmecha n Rudy not done much of late. I accept neither has Britt but hoping thats down to him feeling his way back after injury. For all his faults his record in this league is good and i hope he can find the form he showed towards in last 6 games of last season where he went on a run.
    • I’m going to work it out tomorrow! It’s not dead.. 
    • More than anything I hope we win. Not sure of what team he is going to put out or what formation he is going to play and I suppose it doesn't really matter if we get 3 points. It has been a complete waste of a season for me. I can normally see the positives in most things, even Pulis, but we just seem to be drifting into ever increasing mediocrity. 
    • Playoffs here we come 😜
    • 3 points    1-3 to The Boro!