oneBoro Forum

South Park and the Stick of Truth

Anyone on here planning on getting this game? I know for a fact I am. Every trailer and piece of gameplay I've seen has not only looked pretty decent, but absolutely hilarious. Seems to have retained its controversial brand of humour and as it's written by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, it's going to just be like one big, long interactive South Park episode.

My favourite feature is the choice of classes: Warrior, Mage, Thief... Or Jew...

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

I love myself a good old fashioned RPG and South Park was a great show (Still a good one, but not quite what it was), so I'm really looking forward to it! Might wait a while though because a title like this is sure to plummet to sub £20 in no time

• 2 weeks later...

the console version has been censored by ubisoft :(

definitely getting the uncut pc version tomorrow now instead.

I'm with you there, PC all the way now. I imagine this screen popping up would ruin a lot of enjoyment.

south_park_censor.jpg

cancel it you might still Hve time it doesnt come out here till the 7th

If the brief was to make a South Park game that was just as funny and outrageous as the show, but was actually a proper role-playing game underneath, then it’s hard to imagine how The Stick Of Truth could’ve turned out any better.

lowest score I have seen since the embargo lifted has been 7/10everything else has been 4/5 pr 8/10

90/100 on ign :o

I've tried, Amazon won't let me :( it's gotten rave reviews and I've only heard very, very mild negatives. Worst comment about it I've seen is that the combat is pretty much nabbed from paper Mario. However plenty of reviewers have said think of it as a 15 hour south park episode. I'm stoked even if I do have to miss out on brutally anally probing randy :(