oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds 0-0

How much do you love Grant Leadbitter?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you love Grant Leadbitter?

• Proper loads
    • i'd give him the last bite of me Parmo
    • He has better hair than George Friend

Everyone one loves Leadbitter.

Superb thread I wouldn't be surprised if Chalobah partnered Woody with Whitehead & Leadbitter holding with Tomlin behind DG.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good thread humpty!

Id throw tomlin straight in behind graham. He's had enough time in training now for AK to assess him/build hit fitness up a bit.

I do think it's going to be a tough game though. We need to get over our inability to score 'hoodoo' quick! The fans will dictate a high tempo game - should give the players a kick up the backsides hopefully.

2-1 boro. With tomlin, graham and mccormack scoring.

We simply have to stop this nonsense of having Leadbitter playing 'in the hole'. It's ridiculous, isn't his game and is a big reason as to why we've stopped looking threatening. Team I'd pick is..

Given

Varga

Omeruo

Woodgate

Friend

Whitehead

Leadbitter

Carayol

Tomlin

Adomah

Graham

Leadbitter and Whitehead work well together, and Chalobah has done nothing whatsoever to impress me since he came in. Tomlin simply has to start to give us a bit of spark. Carayol and Adomah should definitely play, two quality wingers and we to have them both playing at the same time is a huge bonus. Ledesma has been very quiet for the past few games, so he's on the bench.

Any chance of Kei Kamara getting a game anytime soon? I miss him :(

He's been our best striker this season by a clear country mile and he's missed a large part of the season which says something about how blessed we are with strikers.

Good Luck v Dirty Leeds Lads. Some robust challenges on McCormack will go down nicely. I think the cardboard fluorescent arrow thing may work and won't look to dissimilar judging by capacity percentage of your crowds at present.

Lets hope Danny Graham can start doing some of this for you. Tomlin may help in that respect.

Don't see Why Tomlin wouldn't start. It wouldn't be against AK's selection policy. He's had a few weeks to train with his new team mates and improve his fitness, and we've been lacking in that role for a little while now. So, assuming he's trained well, he definitely should start imo and I'd be very disappointed if he didn't. We desperately need some need blood in asap to rectify that worrying goal drought. And what an opportunity it would be for Tomlin to get his confidence sky high and build on an early impact so early in his Boro career given the fixture and fact it's televised.

I really hope we don't go 4-5-1 / 4-2-3-1 or whatever again. We've ben persisiting with a lone striker for a while now and for the last 5 games it hasn't worked.

Am I imagining things or did Karanka use the trusty old 4-4-2 / 4-3-3 for a few games, early into his reign?

In any case, we're at home, playing a mid-table team, so we should try to be more adventurous, with more of a presence up front. Leeds have lost as many as they've won and conceded nearly as many as they've scored. Their form of late has been patchy, at best, so there is no reason for us to be cautious and overly defensive. With the right midfield and forward line-up, we should be quite capable of getting a win.

BORO: W9| D12| L10| F41| A36| Pts 39| Pos 14th

LEEDS: W12| D6| L12| F43| A39| Pts 42| Pos 11th

Last 6 Games

BORO: W L D D D L

LEEDS: L L D W W L

According to Boro Mad our record at home against them is as follows:

Played: 42

Boro Wins: 17

Draws: 15

Leeds Wins: 10

Boro Goals: 65

Leeds Goals: 45

Biggest Boro Win: 5 - 0 (1930/31)

Biggest Leeds Win: 1 - 3 (1963/64)

Last Boro Win: 1 - 0 (2012/13)

Last Leeds Win: 0 - 2 (2011/12)

While Leeds rarely seem to do draws, we're very good at them, so if AK sticks with his usual formula, I'm expecting this one to end honours even. If he decides to ring the changes and (shock, horror) play 2 or even 3 up front, I think we could get the win.

My Predictions:

Middlesbrough 0 - 0 Leeds (if we play with a lone striker again)

Middlesbrough 2 - 0 Leeds (if we change our formation)

Karanka hasn't put anybody straight in to the team without at least sitting on the bench first.

Shay Given?

Yeah, but he's different class to the rest of our squad. ;)

Karanka hasn't put anybody straight in to the team without at least sitting on the bench first.

Shay Given?

Given was a special case. We had no first team keeper fit at the time.

There is no way that RM isn't scoring in this game...

That means we have to score at least twice..Tomlin has to start..it would give the fans a bit of lift before the game too.

I dunno...we managed to keep Burnley, Blackburn and Wigan from scoring. Omeruo will be a bit of an unknown quantity for them...hopefully he can help keep Ross and co quiet.

Thing is, unless AK makes some significant changes, I can see us struggling to score again...which means we have to keep a clean sheet to get anything from the game... :(