oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds 0-0

How much do you love Grant Leadbitter?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you love Grant Leadbitter?

• Proper loads
    • i'd give him the last bite of me Parmo
    • He has better hair than George Friend

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To all people who are bemoaning Karanka for his selection choices need to remember that this is his first managerial job. He isnt the finished article yet. I think what he has done so far has been terrific in making it so we concede and look stronger from the back.

This is giving us a platform for next season. A few tweaks in the right direction going forward, and a summer where he brings in his players im sure we will be more successful. For a manager who has come into a hard and competitive league without any manager experience and has transformed our team from a shambles at the back to solid is a great achievement.

What a disappointment that was today too ultra defensive and not enough attacks creating chances for the first time I will question the tactics and formation which has clearly shown of late not to be working.

Its as if we are hoping to sneak a goal and hold onto it with our improved defence but sadly not working and ok I accept that had we scored we would have probably been 8 points better off in some of these tedious draws.

Just thought we would have a real go at Leeds yes we had chances but not nearly enough and the longer this drought goes the more nervous the final third play will be.

Thanks to SG who even mentioned nerves and it will be interesting to see what happens when either Steele or the new guy takes over......surprised neither were on the bench today.

Great effort Humpty and we now welcome the third of our new originators MMC who hopefully will at least see us scoring a goal!!

Frustrating to say the least

I don't understand why Butterfield is getting praise, he made some good runs but then either turned backwards or lost the ball, a good connection for his shot but straight at the keeper and an awful decision to shoot just after half time, we took him off and we looked better.

Ledesma a 5 Whitey? did you see the ball he put in for Adomah, it was top class and he should have scored if not for some good goalkeeping.

I did mention that pass by Ledesma. But other than that, he was invisible other than tripping Stewart and giving Leeds a dangerous free kick. I'm not going to give him a great rating for one pass.

As for JB, I gave him an honest 7. For a lad who hasn't played much football (less than Tomlin this year) and never gets a run of games, he was the one quality player first half. Even the commentary team agree with that. He rarely gives the ball away, and had very few options ahead of him. He gets the ball with men on him, because he's played too far forward. When with us, he operated deeper, with space to either run into, or options to pass to. He rarely gets that in this system.

He definitely faded second half, but you are having a laugh if you think you were better once he went off. Leeds penned you in for a good ten minutes once Smith came on, and Ledesma and Tomlin did less than JB. Only Adomah had an impact in that period. And I wish Karanka had started with Albert. Because Kamara and Main were dreadful, the former especially. As I said earlier, had Kei not been selfish first half, JB made a great run into the box and would have been in on goal.

I've realised over the weeks that I'm flogging a dead horse. Seems JB gets 70 minutes once a month and if he doesn't run the game he's written off. Others, who are regularly poor are seemingly given the benefit of the doubt, with excuses offered in their defence. Must be the position he plays in. Easy target I suppose, especially in a side that hasn't scored in 6 matches.

Fact that he's played a total of 115 minutes in that period suggests that others are more to blame in my opinion, those who've played treble the minutes..

Just my opinion. Slightly biased, as I've admitted. Bound to be aren't I?

We're winning for once, so I'll wish you a good remainder of the weekend.

UTB

Butterfield was one of the standout poor performances, possibly even our worst player today. Admittedly we didn't do much better once he came off either though.

Agree with this, he was wasteful 80% of the time and the rest of the time he just cut back inside before passing to leadbitter or chalobah.

Was I watching a different game? I thought Butterfield was one of our better players in the first half. Had he scored that long range effort he would have been people's man of the match on here.

Was I watching a different game? I thought Butterfield was one of our better players in the first half. Had he scored that long range effort he would have been people's man of the match on here.

I just think his vision was very poor at times which led to him being wasteful as Will said. He didn't make the effort to get forward when he was needed at times either, but it seems like anyone we play in that sort of role seems to do the same.

Him & Kamara certainly halted a lot of our attacks today, but hopefully it was just an off day for the pair of them. I'm starting to think Kamara on the wing just doesn't work at all though.

He was always going to be a bit rusty since he had not started in weeks before today. I think he'll get sharper the more minutes he gets under his belt. But with the arrival of Tomlin he'll probably have very limited chances now.

He was always going to be a bit rusty since he had not started in weeks before today. I think he'll get sharper the more minutes he gets under his belt. But with the arrival of Tomlin he'll probably have very limited chances now.

That's fine by me after today.

He looked the most creative in the first half but that wasn't saying much! All he did was turn into other players or pass it to the CM's.

I didn't think butterfield was that bad. He looked forward when he got the ball it was just a big hinderance for him that duds like main and Kamara were his options when looking wide. He'll probably lose his place to tomlin which is ok as we need more presence in the final third I stead of a deep lying playmaker.