oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds 0-0

How much do you love Grant Leadbitter?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you love Grant Leadbitter?

• Proper loads
    • i'd give him the last bite of me Parmo
    • He has better hair than George Friend

Butterfield was a mixed bag for me he did some really good things but also ran down some blind allys and lost possession but we had much worse players kamara did nothing main looked good first 15 but then disappeared

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure why karanka thinks we need a smaller squad, if he thinks we have the luxury of leaving our better players out and play the likes of Main on the wing

the guy is an idiot. What is it with Managers these days, boring football and always looking to be different playing round pegs in square holes. 70 minutes before trying Tomlin when we haven't scored since the old queen died. Tomlin will probably be as bad as the rest but at least he is fresh, new guys always score in the first few games, even Ayala and kamara and just look at the Juke go.

Not sure why karanka thinks we need a smaller squad, if he thinks we have the luxury of leaving our better players out and play the likes of Main on the wing

the guy is an idiot. What is it with Managers these days, boring football and always looking to be different playing round pegs in square holes. 70 minutes before trying Tomlin when we haven't scored since the old queen died. Tomlin will probably be as bad as the rest but at least he is fresh, new guys always score in the first few games, even Ayala and kamara and just look at the Juke go.

An idiot?

I thought Butterfield looked decent today. I think it was difficult as he didn't really have anyone with any pace to play in behind their defence.

If AA or Muzzy were on I'm sure he would have been looking to play more through balls. I'm a flat footed 17 stone drinker but I gave more pace than Danny graham.

please go away, you are a clown:cool:

Butterfield looked ok today. But it wasn't really his type of game. He needs time on the ball to pick a pass, and Leeds weren't giving him any. They were just hacking down anything that moved.

A couple if things from my perspective..

1) @unclegrimley... Your a very clueless supporter and no doubt will dress what you said as 'My opinion' which everyone is entitled too. But you don't make opinion you make statements. Of which all are *** .....Troll

2) whiteyBFC. I like you and you do know about football. However you love for Butterfield is a detriment to your knowledge. Jacob was half decent in spells and woeful in others. Ledesma was 1000% better when he came on. It may be a 'shape' thing or something else but he'll be gone come the summer.

3) we are 2/3 of a promotion pushing team. Just need to finish in that final 3rd and we'll be about there. This season. Is over, it's all about small victories thus season And look forward to next year.

My 2p worth .... Uwe out!!

A couple if things from my perspective..

1) @unclegrimley... Your a very clueless supporter and no doubt will dress what you said as 'My opinion' which everyone is entitled too. But you don't make opinion you make statements. Of which all are *** .....Troll

2) whiteyBFC. I like you and you do know about football. However you love for Butterfield is a detriment to your knowledge. Jacob was half decent in spells and woeful in others. Ledesma was 1000% better when he came on. It may be a 'shape' thing or something else but he'll be gone come the summer.

3) we are 2/3 of a promotion pushing team. Just need to finish in that final 3rd and we'll be about there. This season. Is over, it's all about small victories thus season And look forward to next year.

My 2p worth .... Uwe out!!

:cool:

Uwe Fuchshe,

Well that's your opinion.

BTW which one of my statments was incorrect. Karanka is probably not an idiot, but if you are going to drop and insult players you will soon run short of motivated players with a small squad.

And main, he worked hard but what use was he as an attacking force on the right wing.

How many players score on or around their debuts when they are eager to impress and then disappear from the score sheet, quite a few I would say. Problems with any of that?

All my opinion but it would get a bit tiresome if we all said in my opinion or I think but I could be wrong after every post. I notice you don't.

Can't wait to hear who Karanka blames for our next blank.

Given (8) - Didn't have a lot to do, but didn't put a foot wrong. Organised defence well. Amazing save from the offside shot. Will be missed.

Varga (7) - Wasn't a stand out performer, but again I couldn't criticise him defensively. Solid

Woodgate (8) - A brick wall as per usual.

Omeruo (8) - Again, a very good performance in a game where Leeds were barely presented with an opportunity.

Friend (8) - One or two iffy moments late on perhaps where he lost possession, but had another excellent game overall and has really proved his doubters wrong.

Chalobah (7) - Not a perfect performance, but did well. Passed it pretty well and got stuck in when need be.

Leadbitter (7) - Same as above.

Butterfield (4) - Cannot believe that there are a few posters on here singing his praises. Maybe I missed something, but he did almost nothing positive of note in my opinion. One good shot from distance which the keeper reacted well to save, granted. But aside from that was pretty poor. One occasion he dribbled the ball forward, lost all composure at the critical moment and fell over. Another he had the opportunity to make the telling pass to Adomah on the wing, instead he pondered for too long and passed the ball to a fullback to make that pass instead, which he subsequently under hit and we lost possession. All in all, just didn't really create! And aside from creativity, what does he honestly offer? Very little. Big disappointment for me as when he signed I had high hopes, but he really hasn't done anything with a multitude of opportunities here and there.

Main (6) - I think some of the criticism towards him in this game is a little harsh. He worked hard and played a big role in making us hard to break down. Plus he played out of position. On top of that, on a few occasions he chested the ball down well or made a decent headed pass under pressure. I'm under the impression that he follows AKs instructions very well, which is why he gets chosen. But fact of the matter is that he lacks true quality and doesn't score many goals. In truth no change in that respect today. Workmanlike, but needs to offer more then that.

Kamara (4) - Awful, unfortunately. Nothing really came off for him. Snatched at the odd chance. Over hit the odd cross. Did very little that was positive.

Graham (7) - Got a reasonable overhead kick on target. Thumped a difficult shot from a tight angle narrowly over the bar. Worked fairly hard for the team. Unfortunately he only had scraps to work off because the creativity behind him was non existent. But I think there are positive signs there that he's not guaranteed to be a flop for us.

Adomah (7) - Missed a couple of glorious chances. And over hit a cross or two. But his introduction changed the game for us. As a unit we were so much more dangerous with him in the team.

Ledesma (7) - Made a great pass to create an opportunity. Not a bad contribution when you only get 15 mins to prove your worth.

Tomlin (5) - Have to be honest, didn't notice him once when he came on! So not much of an impact. But I guess didn't do anything particularly wrong either. Hopefully he can hit the ground running when he gets a start at some point. Also, he needs to be played through the middle. Left wing? I love you AK, but don't be ridiculous!

Given - 8

Didn't have a lot to do, but didn't put a foot wrong. Organised defence well. Amazing save from the offside shot. Will be missed.

Varga - 7

Wasn't a stand out performer, but again I couldn't criticise him defensively. Solid

Woodgate - 8

A brick wall as per usual.

Omeruo - 8

Again, a very good performance in a game where Leeds were barely presented with an opportunity.

Friend - 8

One or two iffy moments late on perhaps where he lost possession, but had another excellent game overall and has really proved his doubters wrong.

Chalobah - 7

Not a perfect performance, but did well. Passed it pretty well and got stuck in when need be.

Leadbitter - 7

Same as above.

Butterfield - 4

Cannot believe that there are a few posters on here singing his praises. Maybe I missed something, but he did almost nothing positive of note in my opinion. One good shot from distance which the keeper reacted well to save, granted. But aside from that was pretty poor. One occasion he dribbled the ball forward, lost all composure at the critical moment and fell over. Another he had the opportunity to make the telling pass to Adomah on the wing, instead he pondered for too long and passed the ball to a fullback to make that pass instead, which he subsequently under hit and we lost possession. All in all, just didn't really create! And aside from creativity, what does he honestly offer? Very little. Big disappointment for me as when he signed I had high hopes, but he really hasn't done anything with a multitude of opportunities here and there.

Main - 6

I think some of the criticism towards him in this game is a little harsh. He worked hard and played a big role in making us hard to break down. Plus he played out of position. On top of that, on a few occasions he chested the ball down well or made a decent headed pass under pressure. I'm under the impression that he follows AKs instructions very well. But fact of the matter is that he lacks true quality and doesn't score many goals. In truth no change in that respect today.

Kamara - 5

Awful, unfortunately. Nothing really came off for him. Snatched at the odd chance. Over hit the odd cross. Did very little that was positive.

Graham - 7

Got a reasonable overhead kick on target. Thumped a difficult shot from a tight angle narrowly over the bar. Worked fairly hard for the team. Unfortunately he only had scraps to work off because the creativity behind him was non existent. But I think there are positive signs there that he's not guaranteed to be a flop for us.

Adomah - 7

Missed a couple of glorious chances. And over hit a cross or two. But his introduction changed the game for us. As a unit we were so much more dangerous with him in the team.

Ledesma - 7

Made a great pass to create an opportunity. Not a bad contribution when you only get 15 mins to shine.

Tomlin - 6

Have to be honest, didn't notice him once when he came on! So not much of an impact. But I guess didn't do anything particularly wrong either. Hopefully he can hit the ground running when he gets a start at some point. Also, he needs to be played through the middle. Left wing? I love you AK, but don't be ridiculous!

I think Tomlin played left mid to occupy Butterfield. When Butterfield came off Tomlin moved into the traditional number 10 role, this is where he's expected to play once he's settled in

Tim I thought so too, he defended from the front well.

but dare I say it, did we really need another clean sheet. it will be interesting to see what happens when, or now that, Given is gone. how much of the defensive tightening was down to him or down to the team defending from front to back as a whole.

Loved Shay's comments about prefering a 10-9 win today, Nice words but I bet he was chuffed to bits with todays nil nil.

Main was definitely better off on the wing than playing alone upfront. He might not be able to put the killer ball in the box, but he certainly filled a gap there. I still think it's best if we only use him on the wing in cases were we plan to run the clock down on a game though.

I think he could play a role in a striking partnership if he had someone to win headers for him rather than him trying to win them (which obviously doesn't work), but obviously one man up top seems to be the way we play for now.