oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds 0-0

How much do you love Grant Leadbitter?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you love Grant Leadbitter?

• Proper loads
    • i'd give him the last bite of me Parmo
    • He has better hair than George Friend

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe. But I wouldn't say he was renowned for his accuracy in the first place. His shot was powerful. That was about it.

That said, don't for one moment think I'm comparing him to the likes of Tarmo Kink. He was in a league of his own.

Not really the point I was getting at though. accuracy or not he shot at every opportunity (by most accounts, shaun, mcgann or powlay might correct me) and he just doesn't seem to want to be as direct as what he was said to be underage

100x better than the watford game and on another day one of them chances would have gone in, shocked at adomahs miss at the end, he would have put that away earlier in the season without a doubt. graham far too isolated again, still think he will get goals if given a chance. main put an absolute shift in today but he does seem to be lacking the quality needed for this level. hopefully it will all click together against sheff wed next week. building for a playoff push next season now so it will help to finish the season strong.

RF looked really good today, got a load of coverage from the sky cameras too. great display before the game too :)

Not really the point I was getting at though. accuracy or not he shot at every opportunity (by most accounts, shaun, mcgann or powlay might correct me) and he just doesn't seem to want to be as direct as what he was said to be underage

That's why I answered maybe when you asked whether it had been coached out of him, and then said his lack of accuracy might have been the reason for that lack of directness.

But, yea, impossible to be certain of what goes on behind the scenes.

I doubt many people will agree but i thought main was alright on the wing, provided good physical presence and defended extremely well. Maybe put him there next game and bring him off at half time for Carayol?

totally agree Tim, thought he dominated the full back.

watching that back adomah really should have burried that at the end. got to love gibsons passion watching the game too

also steve claridges analysis of our game on the fls was pathetic, could get a job as an expert summariser on bbc tees

Some people must have been watching a completely different game than I was...

As someone who didn't see the game and has a pretty high amount of respect of your opinion (apart from when it's McClean releated ;)) can you elaborate on that?

Given (8) - Didn't have a lot to do, but didn't put a foot wrong. Organised defence well. Amazing save from the offside shot. Will be missed.

Varga (7) - Wasn't a stand out performer, but again I couldn't criticise him defensively. Solid

Woodgate (8) - A brick wall as per usual.

Omeruo (8) - Again, a very good performance in a game where Leeds were barely presented with an opportunity.

Friend (8) - One or two iffy moments late on perhaps where he lost possession, but had another excellent game overall and has really proved his doubters wrong.

Chalobah (7) - Not a perfect performance, but did well. Passed it pretty well and got stuck in when need be.

Leadbitter (7) - Same as above.

Butterfield (4) - Cannot believe that there are a few posters on here singing his praises. Maybe I missed something, but he did almost nothing positive of note in my opinion. One good shot from distance which the keeper reacted well to save, granted. But aside from that was pretty poor. One occasion he dribbled the ball forward, lost all composure at the critical moment and fell over. Another he had the opportunity to make the telling pass to Adomah on the wing, instead he pondered for too long and passed the ball to a fullback to make that pass instead, which he subsequently under hit and we lost possession. All in all, just didn't really create! And aside from creativity, what does he honestly offer? Very little. Big disappointment for me as when he signed I had high hopes, but he really hasn't done anything with a multitude of opportunities here and there.

Main (6) - I think some of the criticism towards him in this game is a little harsh. He worked hard and played a big role in making us hard to break down. Plus he played out of position. On top of that, on a few occasions he chested the ball down well or made a decent headed pass under pressure. I'm under the impression that he follows AKs instructions very well, which is why he gets chosen. But fact of the matter is that he lacks true quality and doesn't score many goals. In truth no change in that respect today. Workmanlike, but needs to offer more then that.

Kamara (4) - Awful, unfortunately. Nothing really came off for him. Snatched at the odd chance. Over hit the odd cross. Did very little that was positive.

Graham (7) - Got a reasonable overhead kick on target. Thumped a difficult shot from a tight angle narrowly over the bar. Worked fairly hard for the team. Unfortunately he only had scraps to work off because the creativity behind him was non existent. But I think there are positive signs there that he's not guaranteed to be a flop for us.

Adomah (7) - Missed a couple of glorious chances. And over hit a cross or two. But his introduction changed the game for us. As a unit we were so much more dangerous with him in the team.

Ledesma (7) - Made a great pass to create an opportunity. Not a bad contribution when you only get 15 mins to prove your worth.

Tomlin (5) - Have to be honest, didn't notice him once when he came on! So not much of an impact. But I guess didn't do anything particularly wrong either. Hopefully he can hit the ground running when he gets a start at some point. Also, he needs to be played through the middle. Left wing? I love you AK, but don't be ridiculous!

I thought that Friend had a choppy second half, seemed to panic a little when he bombed on down the line, strangely, perhaps because Karanka hasnt been getting him to bomb on recently. Still a decent performance like.

Chalobah did well in the middle, but a few times tried to get ahead of the 3 supporting Graham which I didnt like, I think that hampered our ball retention in the centre. Id like to just sit, pop it about and give the front 4 the freedom and space instead. His passing was tidy though and if he sits I think he will be valuable in there with Leadbitter.

Butterfield looked like he was trying to do too much with the ball when he had it, but ended up doing nothing with it consequently.

I thought we looked alot brighter with Adomah and Ledesma, but that could be because they were brought on to change our style of play to a more attacking setup.

Woody and Omeruo were solid today, well organised and tidy in possession.

Good performance overall, but until the last 15-20 I didnt think we looked like breaking dry spell. Lots of positives though!

^ Completely agree with your additions.

As for Friend, the choppy moments weren't in key areas/moments to leave us too exposed I think. But, yes, he still has an error or two in him, even during a good display.

The game summed up how Butterfield is a CM and not a #10 that can turn defence into attack in an instance.

We massively lacked Adomah and Carayol down the wings for quick counter attacks as Main and Kamara are plain and simply not wingers. Never have been(to a decent standard) and never will be. Karanka might have taught Carayol a lesson for dropping him due to his attitude though. Full faith in Karanka.

Anyone read the bbc website report. leeds drew with mid table middlesbrough, shouldn't that have been mid table Leeds drew with mid table middlesbrough?

No sense of bias there then.

Reading the review you might be forgiven for not knowing Given didn't have a shot to save the whole game. his coment about leeds being reduced to half chances is nicely tucked away at the end.