oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Leeds 0-0

How much do you love Grant Leadbitter?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you love Grant Leadbitter?

• Proper loads
    • i'd give him the last bite of me Parmo
    • He has better hair than George Friend

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yet another game we dropped points from, that we really should have won. Cant remember them having a single shot on target and very few real efforts anyway... which bodes well now given has gone as the defence is looking very very solid, leaving the keeper with very little to do.

We had a few chances to score, but as usual didnt take them, Adomah should probably have sealed it in the last minute but blazed it high and wide. Should really be more or less in the playoffs with just the points dropped in the past 6 games or so, but hey ho at least we arent geting beat. Think once we break this horrible run, we might start banging a few in once the confidence grows a bit.

On a final note though, whoever is in charge of crowd control, be it some "safety group" (who will stop people having lids on bottles), or the police really needs sacking. What an absolute farce that was after the match on Saturday. Holding the leeds fans back for a short period would have meant no trouble after the match, but no, it seemed a better option to let them out at the same time as the boro fans, then march them through the middle of the boro fans towards the train station. After the first collection of bottles, punches and blood was thrown, the police then waded in with the battons etc, without any regard for who they may have trodden on to swing it towards someone. Saw at least 2 small kids almost flattened whilst they barged through, was utterly pathetic. There was always going to be an elelment of trouble at the match, so wjhy not negate it with a bit of planning beforehand.

Have been reading through a couple of online papers and football pages and am a little confused about the amount of credit/plaudits that Butland is getting. I mean he was solid but that's about it.

This is just one example of over hyping a player

http://telegraph.feedsportal.com/c/32726/f/568784/s/377181ab/sc/13/l/0L0Stelegraph0O0Csport0Cfootball0Cteams0Cmiddlesbrough0C10A6566970CJack0EButland0Eshows0EEngland0Eflair0Eon0ELeeds0EUnited0Edebut0Eagainst0EMiddlesbrough0Bhtml/story01.htm

Or maybe I'm just bitter :p

No Butland's been overhyped for a couple of years now. Every time he makes a half decent performance he's 'incredible' and a 'future star'. When he was regularly conceding 4 or 5 goals at Birmingham and dropping clangers, the media failed to mention it. They won't hate him until their overhyping of him results in him playing for England, putting in a poor performance and subsequently lambasted by the media for the rest of his playing days as 'a wasted talent'.

And of course the followers of the English media (who don't watch the lad play) will in their droves lap it all up. Just watched the match after recording it on SS, he had a solid game, but didn't pull off anything special, just a standard, solid game. Feel sorry for the lad, the more the media ramp up peoples' expectations of him, the more he'll be terrorised over any mistake he makes.

Have been reading through a couple of online papers and football pages and am a little confused about the amount of credit/plaudits that Butland is getting. I mean he was solid but that's about it.

This is just one example of over hyping a player

http://telegraph.feedsportal.com/c/32726/f/568784/s/377181ab/sc/13/l/0L0Stelegraph0O0Csport0Cfootball0Cteams0Cmiddlesbrough0C10A6566970CJack0EButland0Eshows0EEngland0Eflair0Eon0ELeeds0EUnited0Edebut0Eagainst0EMiddlesbrough0Bhtml/story01.htm

Or maybe I'm just bitter :p

I don't know if anyone saw it differently to me but he had very little to do in terms of shot stopping and his distribution was diabolical

No Butland's been overhyped for a couple of years now. Every time he makes a half decent performance he's 'incredible' and a 'future star'. When he was regularly conceding 4 or 5 goals at Birmingham and dropping clangers, the media failed to mention it. They won't hate him until their overhyping of him results in him playing for England, putting in a poor performance and subsequently lambasted by the media for the rest of his playing days as 'a wasted talent'.

And of course the followers of the English media (who don't watch the lad play) will in their droves lap it all up. Just watched the match after recording it on SS, he had a solid game, but didn't pull off anything special, just a standard, solid game. Feel sorry for the lad, the more the media ramp up peoples' expectations of him, the more he'll be terrorised over any mistake he makes.

You sir, are a legend, exactly right.

I wouldn't be paying the 800k that his parent club wanted tbh, if it was 500k or lower then we would be getting ourselves a good deal

I cant see it ,i think hes poor Hes ok in defence but with the ball at his feet he looks really uncomfortable. Id be suprised if we sign him in the summer unless its a done deal