oneBoro Forum

Attitudes towards female fans

I am a University student currently in the process of writing my dissertation and I am looking at the attitudes towards female football fans. There is limited research on female football fans therefore I want to find out more about the attitudes that both males and females have towards them. The following link is an example of how people may perceive female football fans and I want to gather data to find out if this is representative of the majority of the thoughts of both male and female fans: http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/17/do-you-know-what-4-3-3-means-psg-coach-laurent-blanc-mocks-female-journalist-4233869/

I have posted a question below that will ideally facilitate a discussion between fans. From this, I can evaluate themes and issues for my discussion in my dissertation. Moreover, I have attached a link to a questionnaire below and I would be grateful if you could complete this in addition to participating in a discussion on this thread.

For ethical reasons, I will ensure that anyone that chooses to participate in this discussion will remain anonymous through the use of false names in my write up. Therefore, by posting on this thread you are giving me your consent for your comments to be used in my dissertation. The comments are solely for academic studies and will be used in this dissertation only. This also applies to the questionnaire; your identity remains anonymous. If however you would like to participate further in this project, there is an opportunity to leave your email address at the bottom of the questionnaire.

This may be a sensitive topic for some people so do not participate if you feel there may be some discomfort. However for those of you that do comment, be honest with your answers as every response will contribute to the results of my study and the more truthful insight I receive, the better.

Thank you in advance.

The question for this discussion is:

[/align]

The questionnaire can be completed here: https://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/durham/femalefans/

Hello,

I was halfway through and I had to stop as a few of the questions I couldn't answer e.g.

Do male and female fans have the same amount of knowledge about football tactics?

It depends on the male and female. I would imagine there are more men than women that know about tactics in general, but that doesnt mean a man who knows about tactics is more knowledgeable that a woman who knows about tactics. I don't think you can answer such a general question with one or the other.

For questions such as:

Do you think there is a difference between the length of time male and female fans have been football fans?

you may want to add a "don't know" option.

Just a thought - you may want to ask Kay Murray on twitter if she will post this survey as she appears to be very knowledgeable about football and may be interested (and she has loads of followers).