oneBoro Forum

Karanka's Strange Decisions.

I'm a big fan of Aitor's playing style and although maybes not results wise we have improved enormously under him and like Rodgers at Liverpool it will come good.

Although I still seem confused at his bold decisions week in, week out. There has been so many changes in the line up and his mentality seems to be based around attitude. I can't see him been a fan of Marvin's laidback attitude hence his move to Swansea.

He seems to be in Mourinhos shadow by stating 'It's my way or no way' & 'No-one is bigger than the club' etc etc. I totally agree but it can be harsh for example leaving Muzzy out as he was happy to see his mates back in London also sources close to me say Steele is on his way out in the summer almost definitely.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I wouldn't say they're strange, he's in charge of the team, he's the boss of the players. If you don't follow your bosses instructions, it warrants a reaction IMO. The only reason these comments are being made are because we've not scored in ages as none of the players can finish their tea, let alone a chance. We're a better team, who aren't conceding and when we get the players in in summer who can make an impact up the other end, it could be a very, very fun season to be a boro fan. I think we need to stand back and wait until after summer before lambasting him.

There's been no training ground bust ups that I've heard of but I agree with your sentiment. There are many that would've crawled over hot coals to take a shot at Mowbray for the some of the things that have happened during Karanka's reign.

Patience is key here. Gibbo got Karanker for his vision of where can take the club and in what way he's going to achieve it. In formation, style and discipline. He may be harsh but that's what a manager has to be sometimes. With regards Muzzy (whom I'm a fan of) we are probably blowing it out of proportion a little. He's been dropped for 1 game, that's all so far. I don't think for one minute it's because he was happy to meet his mates in London or he went skipping out of the changing rooms after defeat at Watford as if it don't matter. It's somewhere in the middle or after what was said in their meeting on the Tuesday after. We will never know.

I think it's frustration from dominating or at least being on top of games and not finishing them off. The one thing I'll will say with 99.999% certainly. Those games would have been lost before Karanker took over.

Think i said before this season is now about little victories with a focus on a exciting next season

We demolished Donny 4-0 with Kamara Carayol Adomah and Emnes all playing with smiles on their faces.

Emnes is out on loan and the others are struggling to make the team.

That is the sort of thing that does not make sense to me.

It is ludicrous to be questioning Karanka already. He's installed discipline, an ethos and a philosophy with limited resources. I'm very happy with what he's done so far. It's all about building up to next a August from here.

The urgency at which some fans wanted to stick it to Mowbray was a little disappointing at times.

No complaints from me.

Don't agree with absolutely everything he has done, but that's always going to be the case regardless of whose in charge. Overall he's done a good job, we're moving in the right direction and I'm very much looking forward to seeing AKs inevitably tweaked team going into next season. We're not a million miles away from being a real threat in this division imo.

It is ludicrous to be questioning Karanka already. He's installed discipline, an ethos and a philosophy with limited resources. I'm very happy with what he's done so far. It's all about building up to next a August from here.

The urgency at which some fans wanted to stick it to Mowbray was a little disappointing at times.

I agree.

Also, Fergie and Mourinho both live(d) on the ethos that nobody was bigger than the club and everybody knew who was in charge. If there is a power struggle AK has to win it. If Muzzy did something wrong, he should face the consquences, it's now down to him to show that he has the character to bounce back from this. We cannot let the players rule the roost.

if this is AK's lull/bad patch, then i'm happy that we can still take something (even if it is a point) and rarely getting beaten.

Re: Steele - he was probably going to be leaving in the summer anyway...£££ in the pockets and we already have our replacement in Osorio - we even have the time now to see if he is any good before the summer, if he isnt then we still have the summer to find somebody that is good enough.

if Juke and Emnes score goals while they are away then good. They will either come back into the team with some confidence or leave for more money...win win.

Come on lads - it's been pretty boring the last few weeks, but it is infinitely better than what was going on pre-Karanka, give the man a chance.

I get the feeling that if we had beaten Leeds these comments/threads wouldn't be happening....

No complaints from me.

Don't agree with absolutely everything he has done, but that's always going to be the case regardless of whose in charge. Overall he's done a good job, we're moving in the right direction and I'm very much looking forward to seeing AKs inevitably tweaked team going into next season. We're not a million miles away from being a real threat in this division imo.

Couldnt have put it any better .... spot on ....take a plus point my man

I believe AK is treading water at present and these decisions he is making is a natural occurrence of a man that doesn't or isn't bothered about upsetting players he knows he may well be getting rid of at the end of the season or don't fit in his future plans.

He can do whatever he wants in my book we are safe of relegation and only mathematics say we can make the playoffs but not the players attitudes on the pitch.

Roll on the end of the season and then lets see who will be there at the beginning of next.

Complete new midfield for starters

He can do whatever he wants in my book we are safe of relegation and only mathematics say we can make the playoffs but not the players attitudes on the pitch.

Roll on the end of the season and then lets see who will be there at the beginning of next.

Complete new midfield for starters

Agree with this, apart from the midfield bit, I'm certain that Humpty will agree, we should keep Grant :p

I'm happy with the midfield. Muzzy Albert Grant and Ledesma are all more than capable for this level. Maybe one more CAM or give Butterfield a decent run of games