oneBoro Forum

Karanka's Strange Decisions.

Can't believe this unrequited Bromance that some people on here have for Karanka, to the extent that criticism of him leads to vitriolic attacks, those guys are going to be left with plenty of egg on their faces come next december.

We are so hard to beat, yeah 1point from every game all season sees you relegated.

Vitriolic attacks? Lol.

Why will people be left with egg on their faces come next December? Are you some football mystic meg? Has Paul the octopus come out of retirement? Or did you prefer our performances under Mowbray, being completely porous in defence and scoring a few more goals?

Karanka isn't perfect, nobody is saying that he is, but if you look at our performances rather than just looking at the results it is clear that we are progressing as a team and it will click, we will score and as soon as one goes in the pressure will be lifted and our attacking players will play with more freedom.

This totally agree

Badger in Asia

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

We arent winning games, but we arent losing them either. Any point is better than no points at all. At least the players dont get into a routine of losing each week and begin to accept it and go into freefall mode. Defence looks good, midfield is getting there, once the attack starts to click we have the foundations of a good team :)

And bare in mind that he has inherited this squad and totally transformed the mentality and mindset from leaky Utd into Bore Draw athletic. Imagine what it may be like if he signs players who he thinks fit his system and what he can do with them?

Positives, positives, positives!

To answer your question yes and no.

Defensively, we're probably the best in the league at the minute

Offensively, we're playing poorly, once Karanka gets the front four understanding what they need to be doing (the different movement patterns etc.) then we'll start scoring goals, maybe this is why carayol has been dropped, the movement is a very very complicated section of the 4-3-2-1 with players interchanging positions and maybe he thinks carayol isn't putting his full effort into learning them.

We did score today but it got ruled out and lost to a penalty, it just wasn't our day today.

To answer your question yes and no.

Defensively, we're probably the best in the league at the minute

Offensively, we're playing poorly, once Karanka gets the front four understanding what they need to be doing (the different movement patterns etc.) then we'll start scoring goals, maybe this is why carayol has been dropped, the movement is a very very complicated section of the 4-3-2-1 with players interchanging positions and maybe he thinks carayol isn't putting his full effort into learning them.

We did score today but it got ruled out and lost to a penalty, it just wasn't our day today.

It wasn't our day, but are cracks starting to appear within the club?

I don't want to sound alarmist, but Maddison was critical on the radio of AK's management style and this tends to suggest there is some truth behind his view, given he's making it live on air.

I hope not because I like AK, I think he can take this club places given the chance.

For me, if there are players who dont like the way he is doing things, they can go. I dont care who they are. In Gibbo's, mine and many Boro Fans view, Ak has been brought in to fulfill a vision, and I still believe that it was a coup. We have barely started the journey under him and I am optimistic and excited. I think we can go places with AK and I dont think anyone is bigger than the vision.

Karanka has a preferred style of play. We don't seem to have the players capable of adapting to this style/formation. Either he changes this style of play to a style more suited to the current personnel or we stick with his formations till the end of the season when hopefully he will bring in players more suited to how he wants the game to be played. He needs to have a "team" he can call his own and that may well entail sitting down with the chairman and formulating an action plan for the way forward. I think we need to give him longer before knives are pulled out. Let us be fair, earlier this season relegation was the big talking point, now it's mid table obscurity that we're looking at. Small steps at a time perhaps? He might be the man for us but without the advent of a crystal ball, only time will tell. Keep the faith, it might seem poor at the minute but having supported the Boro for almost 50 years I can assure you it isn't.

Loads of managers say the obvious line of "they need to train well to play" but very rarely do they have the backbone to follow their words through with actions so I've go to respect Karanka for that. A weak manager would have took the easy decision and turned a blind eye or had a quiet word which would have kept everyone happy in the short term but long term that complacency will always still be there to creep into not only Carayol but also the rest of teammates who will see a player not putting enough effort in training yet walking into the team, that can't be good for any club in any division.

Carayol in his time with us has been very inconsistent blowing hot and cold from one game to the next so maybe he needs this kick up the backside to take his play up to the next level by removing the complacency that has plagued many of our players ever since relegation. Maybe with Carayol being used as an example it will raises standards from all players, in particular our very highly rated youngsters who are reportedly the most promising batch for many years, that are coming through that should benefit by seeing that high standards are expected from even our best players so there will be no special treatment for anyone so they will keep them grounded and focused.

AK worries me as I think he is expecting too much from the squad and criticising the player is never a good thing. Don't get me wrong they need a good kicking from time to time but this should be kept private, for example Jason Steele and Carayol poor "training" should have been kept private.

I think we have seen the end for steele, it won't have done his confidence any good what so ever. I doubt he will play again for this club

NO NO

I back the manager not the players, he has the vision look at clough morinuo,fergusan (absolute no nonsense

we have had to many (MUMMYS BOYS AS MANAGERS IN THE LAST DECADE :@

i honestly believe that people are lost in the time warp of not having a PROPER MANAGER

you dont train you dont play simple

OR AS CLOUGHIE WOULD SAY "COME HERE MY SON"

Badger in Asia