oneBoro Forum

Karanka's Strange Decisions.

UG did nothing but spew vitriol and negative thoughts with absolutely no constructive feedback with in.

It was just "we're ****" this and "we're ****" that and "Karanka is ****"

His last post a few posts above is like the first time I've ever seen him actually try and argue why he has his opinions, normally he just pops in, puts everyone down for believing in the team and fecks off again.

IDC if people have differing opinions or negative opinions. I disagree with a number of posters on here regularly but don't care because they're always constructive with their negative feedback.

Hell you're one of my favourite posters CT because you back up all your points but we certainly don't see eye to eye on everything.

At the end of the day I'm all for opinions, but not when they're pointless and don't add anything to the forum.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I also think it was a little harsh to ban him, as we have 'put up' with more from other people and they have remained members.

He wasnt the most constructive member and I didnt agree with him on a single thing but banning the guy is a bit harsh.

If he said that about George, then fair enough, but I do think that Grimley has been unfairly attacked by quite a few on here, The honourable members of this forum do seem to have a problem with people that have been known to post on FMTTM in the past. Pink Ponce got the same reaction from certain members here.

When I joined this forum, it was mainly because it was well laid out and less confusing than FMTTM, I didn't realise I'd walked into the Bullingdon club. Surely the point of a forum is to encourage more people to join and to express their views, rather than banning anyone who doesn't fit in.

Can whoever banned him, explain why, because, as CT mentioned Grimley had broken no forum rules apart from disagreeing with a few people who have a bit more faith in our manager than he does.

PP didn't get the same response as UG from what I saw.

PP is cocky (not necessarily in a bad way) and that can grind on some people.

UG was just condescending and not at all constructive.

Sometimes his points were so ridiculous that I wonder whether he even truly believes them or whether he's just a genuine troll.

For what it's worth I don't even think it's got anything to do with not letting certain people join. We've had lots of people join and welcomed them all.

UG did nothing but spew vitriol and negative thoughts with absolutely no constructive feedback with in.

It was just "we're ****" this and "we're ****" that and "Karanka is ****"

His last post a few posts above is like the first time I've ever seen him actually try and argue why he has his opinions, normally he just pops in, puts everyone down for believing in the team and fecks off again.

IDC if people have differing opinions or negative opinions. I disagree with a number of posters on here regularly but don't care because they're always constructive with their negative feedback.

Hell you're one of my favourite posters CT because you back up all your points but we certainly don't see eye to eye on everything.

At the end of the day I'm all for opinions, but not when they're pointless and don't add anything to the forum.

Some of the more popular people on this forum have behaved in similar fashion though, certainly a few months ago whilst Mowbray was still in charge. If he doesn't rate Karanka he's entitled to say so and to not be happy with how we're performing. If he was saying it during a run of wins I could understand it possibly as it would look far more like a wind up but we hadn't scored for 7 games and we've won 1 in 9 so what he's saying may be valid.

I just think if people aren't being abusive and if they aren't simply trying to wind others up then they should be allowed to say what they want. Sometimes the forum can be overly sensitive to criticism of the club and right now to Karanka in particular. I've had it myself on here - being called Mr Negative essentially because I held a different view to others. That kind of thing is pathetic and banning people because they aren't happy is a bit of a shame in my opinion.

I think it's more the way he did it, rather than the message he was trying to get across.

If he had been more articulate in what he was saying, like yourself, he would have been received in a much better manner.

You have differing views to myself, but the way you present yourself and your views make it so much easier to take and debate with. If someone has an argument which is purely, "we are ***" "karanka is ***" then he will only be received negatively.

The ban was harsh, but I think at the same time in equal measure needed. He didn't offer anything to the forum, as far as constructive posts are concerned - and never came across as knowing how to hold a debate with someone who has a difference of opinion to himself.

I think it's more the way he did it, rather than the message he was trying to get across.

If he had been more articulate in what he was saying, like yourself, he would have been received in a much better manner.

You have differing views to myself, but the way you present yourself and your views make it so much easier to take and debate with. If someone has an argument which is purely, "we are ***" "karanka is ***" then he will only be received negatively.

The ban was harsh, but I think at the same time in equal measure needed. He didn't offer anything to the forum, as far as constructive posts are concerned - and never came across as knowing how to hold a debate with someone who has a difference of opinion to himself.

There.

Exactly. That's what I was trying to argue, thanks for making my words BDS <3

Yes.

I don't remember him insulting anyone or breaking the forum rules? He made his points and at least provided some actual reasoning for them.

Why don't you tell me why you think he deserved to be banned?

I think he thrived in confrontation. I don't agree with everyone in this forum even you sometimes. But you will back your comments with personal experience, analysis comparisons that is what forms you're opinion and I'll listen to anyone that does it that way. UG didn't form opinion, he made statements dressed up as 'my opinion'. I've not got anytime for that. Maybe a permanent ban is a bit heavy handed but I didn't see enough constructive conversation to warrant keeping him on.

The guy only came on here to purely wind people up with swearing and condesending "opinions", passing it off as freedom of opinion, speach or whatever. He was never constructive and never debated. I don't care if people offer different views and don't like the current situation the club is in, but purely winding people up with tedious swearing and ridiculous punchlines is not the way forward and I doubt he'll be missed.

Perhaps he should have gotten a warning first, but I doubt he'll have listened and eventually it would have ended in a ban.

He could well have been given a warning privately and choseto ignore it or respond ina rude manner.

If you disagree with someone or something they have said, then say so and provide reasons and a counter argument keep it simple and polite instead of just resorting to name calling, it improves nothing and makes other people angry as well.

Guy was a douche end of.

Name calling - Check

Opinion backed with no reason - Check

Potential to wind someone up - Check

Other than that last comment, I agree with much of what has been said. However unless that's applied to everyone then it becomes a tad unfair. I don't remember the guy doing a lot of swearing or name calling and there are people still using the forums who do one or both of those things. Anyway I've had my say now so I'm out :)

'Douche' lol

If I remember rightly, he was warned but just chose to ignore it. I mean if you come on the Boro/Forest thread and post this:

I think we are doing great, best performance so far this century.

Aitor, aitor , aitor , aitor, aitor, aitor, aitor la karanka.

lol that's a tounge in check joke, come on lads fingers out.

then you're just asking for trouble really. Life can be tough sometimes. I'm not sorry he's gone.

Guy was a douche end of.

Name calling - Check

Opinion backed with no reason - Check

Potential to wind someone up - Check

Other than that last comment, I agree with much of what has been said. However unless that's applied to everyone then it becomes a tad unfair. I don't remember the guy doing a lot of swearing or name calling and there are people still using the forums who do one or both of those things. Anyway I've had my say now so I'm out :)

'Douche' lol

There is absolutely no one here who acts like that permanently.#

Every now and again someone will make a blanket statement and they ALWAYS get called out on it. Whether that be a new member or a long time member, no one is afraid to call anyone else out (that I've seen, anyway).

Most people are very good natured about it in the end, UG was just non constructive and inflammatory with every post.

There is a difference between how UG made his points and how everyone else here does, that's the issue.

(I hope I've been clear enough, sometimes I get a bit muddled trying to explain myself).