Karanka's Strange Decisions.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

It's only a dangerous game if he thinks he's likely to be here long term...

Maybe he just thinks it's not great for a manager to do that? I would happen to agree with him especially when it starts happening quite often.

People seem to have assumed that because Karanka had picked him again that the situation was sorted. But wasn't Carayol interviewed after one of the games and when asked about it gave an answer that suggested he has a different view to it all than Karanka did? I'm not saying he's in the right but if he feels he did nothing wrong or that he's been harshly treated then getting back into the side probably won't change that.

Doesn't matter. The manager is the manager and what he says goes. It's how it should be. Plenty of managers do it and it has been known to work. Managers shouldn't have to tiptoe around fragile egos and players shouldn't openly disrespect their manager.

If something like that happened in a more normal job, you'd be disciplined or even sacked.

Doesn't matter. The manager is the manager and what he says goes. It's how it should be. Plenty of managers do it and it has been known to work. Managers shouldn't have to tiptoe around fragile egos and players shouldn't openly disrespect their manager.

If something like that happened in a more normal job, you'd be disciplined or even sacked.

You certainly wouldn't be sacked for it or even reprimanded. He hasn't actually said anything himself, simply re-tweeted something that isn't offensive.

The manager is the manager yes but people are people and generally when someone feels they've been treated unfairly, whether they actually have or not, then usually those feelings don't simply disappear. I suspect they haven't as far as Carayol is concerned hence the post match comments and this re-tweet The big difference between him and the more normal job is that he knows he can find himself a nice new one easily enough, which will also probably get him a pay rise into the bargain.

I went for a job interview recently where they said that if I posted anything that could be remotely seen as bad about the company or its staff, it would be seen as a dismissable offence

Yeah most companies view any sort of stuff that can be viewed as negative press on social media as very very bad.

This can (clearly) be viewed as bad when you consider the context of his recent dropping.

I went for a job interview recently where they said that if I posted anything that could be remotely seen as bad about the company or its staff, it would be seen as a dismissable offence

Snap when I worked for tescos I was told they would periodically look at my social media accounts to see if any thing bad was said, needless to say they tried and failed

Now is the best time for karanka to weed out the players who don't fit into he's management style so we can try to get them out of the club in the summer.

The biggest thing about annoys me about Carayol retweeting it is that it's totally unnecessary.

Also if we'd just signed him and he was desperate to get into the managers good books he would have just let whatever disagreement it was go like Karanka has by playing him in the past two games. He should remember what division he was plodding around in before he signed for us(not the same manager) and gave him the chance to improve and prove himself at a very good level. He should put it behind him (like Karanka has) and respect the manager that the club employs to manage the team. He should show a bit of humbleness.

Yeah most companies view any sort of stuff that can be viewed as negative press on social media as very very bad.

This can (clearly) be viewed as bad when you consider the context of his recent dropping.

I'm sorry but no it can't. This can't be viewed as anything at all. It's a re-tweet of a comment about football. You can try and put it into whatever context you like but I absolutely guarantee that no company or this case the club could do anything at all about this. All he would say is that he just re-tweeted an interesting comment about football by a well renowned football personality and that's it. If Karanka read it and wanted to drop him then fair enough but other than that there's nothing they can do and rightly so.

Yes legally its safe as it's not his opinion nor directly related to the event. He's still a turd though :p

Why?