oneBoro Forum

Karanka's Strange Decisions.

I think a lot of the comments aimed at Karanka and his formation are down to the players not scoring rather than the system. Last week, Graham went through 1 on 1 when at 0-0. If he scores, then its a completely different game. The week before at Leeds; Adomah, Graham and Kamara all missed chances. One again, if they go in thats another win.

Building up from the defensive mentality of the team, if those chances go in, it shows that its working perfectly. Im sure everyone would rather win 1-0 every week than lost 4-3 etc. Its the results that matter obviously.

I think that he is doing the right thing by keeping the system the same. Whats the point in changing it till the end of the season then changing it back again? We arent going to get relegated this season *touch wood* so why not try and adapt now in a competitive environment? The system is working at the back, and bar missed chances, is working up front.

Keep the faith and be realistic! First job and hes totally converted our team into hard to beat. That is an achievement in itself for a season.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Graham hasn't been getting the service so for some to say he's garbage is naïve. I'll withhold judgement on him until he has a proper #10(Tomlin) playing behind him and two creative wide players(not Main or Kamara).

To be fair p_mards, he's made a hash of every chance to come to him. Golden example is against Wednesday, bursts one on one with the keeper without a player within 10 yards of him and he made the angle worse for himself to score before tapping it striaght at Kirkland.

I don't think Graham is garbage by any means, but he's offered less than what Jutkiewicz offered. Juke at least did a half decent job of winning headers and holding the ball up for us even when he wasn't scoring.

I know it sounds like an odd assessment to make regarding Juktiewicz but I think a lot of what he did wrong looked even worse because of his technique/stature. Often he would go to ground easily or have a sloppy touch or shoot from distance and his overall physical frame made it look more aesthetically untidy on the eye, much like Peter Crouch, I think this would make it obvious to the fans that what he had done was poor but that's what it was, obvious. Whereas Graham's problems aren't always glaringly obvious because his technique/stature is more rounded to the naked eye.

Graham's technique is sound, his stature is more complete and a sloppy touch doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

Call me strange or weird for picking up on this but I think Crouch becomes a much maligned figure when he is having a poor game, similar to probably Dzeko because technically it looks untidy and this exacerbates poor quality play when it takes place. I think this happened with Jutkiewicz at Middlesbrough.

What it looks like and what it actually is, are sometimes so similar but couldn't be further apart. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it but surely someone sees where I am coming from?

Or maybe I'm just weird :D

If it pays off and we get a Carayol that is firing on all cylinders then who will be complaining?

I seem to remember Jose dropping Hazard for the Champions League game and he then came back and put in a magnificent performance at the Stadium of Light and has been fantastic ever since. Could work here.

Is there a medical expression fot this condition of blind Karanka love we get on here? Basically we are ***e and he picks and coaches the team.

Although I never see the team in training , when they are effing fantastic, so Perhaps I could be wrong. It's a shame the league don't hand out points for how good you are in training Karankas regime would be top, oh hang on except for all those other teams.

explain how we are ***.

are we in the relegation zone?

no didn't think so.

are we stronger defensively

Yes

do you have the attitude of an 11yo facebook follower who knows nothing?

yes.

Is there a medical expression fot this condition of blind Karanka love we get on here? Basically we are *** and he picks and coaches the team.

Although I never see the team in training , when they are effing fantastic, so Perhaps I could be wrong. It's a shame the league don't hand out points for how good you are in training Karankas regime would be top, oh hang on except for all those other teams.

how on earth is this cretin still being allowed to post on here:(