•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see:

------------Steele------------

Varga--Woody--Gibson--Friend

-----Leadbitter--Butterfield----

Ledesma----Tomlin----Adomah

------------Kamara-----------

I'd rather give Butterfield a run of games to see whether he's worth keeping for next year.

Same with Gibson now that we're so far adrift, I'd rather he got game time than Omeruo.

And if Carayol has trained well and responded well he should return to the bench.

Excellent debut from MMC! Here's hoping you get to make some follow-up appearances.

As to our upcoming game against the "T'owels", I'm a lot less optimistic than a lot of folks on here.

Wednesday are in good form at the moment, having lost only 2 of their last 10 and winning 5. Boro have only lost twice as well, which is fairly impressive, but have drawn 5 of their last 10, winning only 3.

While their seasonal record shows they've drawn or lost more games than they've won, I think they're still on an upward curve and will be looking to balance their W column. A neutral goal difference (evened out by their 6-0 thrashing of Leeds) could work either way for us, showing their games tend to be fairly close.

WEDNESDAY: W8| D11| L10| F38| A38| Pts 36| Pos 15th

BORO: W9| D13| L10| F41| A36| Pts 40| Pos 13th

Last 6 Games

WEDNESDAY: D W W L L W

BORO: L D D D L D

Historically, the omens are not good for Boro, with T'owels winning the majority of their home fixtures against us. Stats, as usual, courtesy of middlesbrough-mad.co.uk:

Played: 48

Wednesday Wins: 32

Draws: 5

Boro Wins: 11

Wednesday Goals: 93

Boro Goals: 52

Biggest Wednesday Win: 5 - 0 (1904/05)

Biggest Boro Win: 1 - 5 (1909/10)

Last Wednesday Win: 2 - 0 (2012/13)

Last Boro Win: 1 - 3 (2009/10)

With a new guy between the sticks (whether Steele or Osorio) I'm a little concerned for our defence - especially at set pieces and with our new forward line-up still settling in. I predict a close, scrappy game which will probably be decided by a set piece or defensive error.

My Prediction: Wednesday 1 - 0 Middlesbrough

Excellent debut from MMC! Here's hoping you get to make some follow-up appearances.

As to our upcoming game against the "Towels", I'm a lot less optimistic than a lot of folks on here.

Wednesday are in good form at the moment, having lost only 2 of their last 10 and winning 5. Boro have only lost twice as well, which is fairly impressive, but have drawn 5 of their last 10, winning only 3.

While their seasonal record shows they've drawn or lost more games than they've won, I think they're still on an upward curve and will be looking to balance their W column. A neutral goal difference (evened out by their 6-0 thrashing of Leeds) could work either way for us, showing their games tend to be fairly close.

WEDNESDAY: W8| D11| L10| F38| A38| Pts 36| Pos 15th

BORO: W9| D13| L10| F41| A36| Pts 40| Pos 13th

Last 6 Games

WEDNESDAY: D W W L L W

BORO: L D D D L D

Historically, the omens are not good for Boro, with The Towels winning the majority of their home fixtures against us. Stats, as usual, courtesy of Boro Mad:

Played: 48

Wednesday Wins: 32

Draws: 5

Boro Wins: 11

Wednesday Goals: 93

Boro Goals: 52

Biggest Wednesday Win: 5 - 0 (1904/05)

Biggest Boro Win: 1 - 5 (1909/10)

Last Wednesday Win: 2 - 0 (2012/13)

Last Boro Win: 1 - 3 (2009/10)

With a new guy between the sticks (whether Steele or Osorio) I'm a little concerned for our defence - especially at set pieces and with our new forward line-up still settling in. I predict a close, scrappy game which will probably be decided by a set piece or defensive error.

My Prediction: Wednesday 1 - 0 Middlesbrough

2jcx6oh.jpg

Mighty Match Comments MMC!

Pretty confident we can win if we start with attacking players. 2 out of adomah, carayol and ledesma must play imo. Preferably the former 2. 2-0 to boro!

For the last 6 matches our strike force have :D

Just look at Danny Graham for example...

6470ed9ed33f60ba5f5e7f9504109444.png

"What ford man?! I don't see a ford..."

Playoff hopes are completely gone, but we still need to do as well as we can until the end of the season. We are easily capable of making the top ten for our second highest finishing position since relegation.

Omerou & woodgate were immense vs leeds and gibson needs to learn he isn't going to make stupid mistakes, costing us the match and then walk back into the starting Eleven the next time he's available.

I would go for a forward four of graham, carayol, tomlin and adomah

Steele back in goal (really really hope he plays a blinder for everyones sake)

A bench of: Dimi, gibson, morris, main, Williams, Hines, Ledesma

The rest should stay the same

As usual, The game has 0-0 written all over it. UTB

Talking points:

Are you going to the game?

What do you think the result will be?

How would you like to see us line up?

What is your favourite colour?

What is the capital of Assyria?

What is the air/speed velocity of an unladen swallow? (specify African or European please)

What is a goal?

Does Curtis Main have a fear of haircuts?

George Friend > Brad Pitt?

Is this too many questions?

I was going to get the opposition's view on it, but that forum is more impenetrable than Fort Knox...

1) Yes

2) 2-0 Boro

3)---------------Steele*----------------

Varga------Woody--Omeruo-----George <3

-------Grant-------------Chalolobah-----

Adomah--------Tomlin----------Carayol

---------------Graham-----------------

4) Red

5) A :P

5) the actual capitals are Assur and Niveneh

6) 24mph (European)

7)" goal

gəʊl/

noun

(in football, rugby, hockey, and some other games) a pair of posts linked by a crossbar and typically with a net between, forming a space into or over which the ball has to be sent in order to score.

the object of a person's ambition or effort; an aim or desired result.

8) Curtis Main fears nothing

9) Hmm. Toughy. Brad Pitt has banged a worldie (Angelina Jolie) in the forest ;) , but Friend banged in a worldie against Forest... And for that it's gotta be Gorgeous George all day long

10) No