oneBoro Forum

Boro vs t'Owls (A) 0-1

Good to read some positive posts on JB.

I did say, give him a proper run and you'll then be in a better position to judge him.

Astounded that Grant was dropped, though. Better than Whitehead in every department.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

He was one of the positives in a bad performance. Always looking to make things happen. I rate Butterfield, just not as a no 10 in our formation, but yesterday for the first time he played that role really well!!

He was one of the positives in a bad performance. Always looking to make things happen. I rate Butterfield, just not as a no 10 in our formation, but yesterday for the first time he played that role really well!!

He isn't a number 10. He should play deeper. But, if Higgy works with him, he could become a number 10.

He's better than Tomlin, though. But then, he's a winger/striker, so...

Night, Boro.

He isn't a number 10. He should play deeper. But, if Higgy works with him, he could become a number 10.

Night, Boro.

Tomlin is a no. 10 primarily and a striker second. He can also play on the wings too, true, but you'll get the best of him in that hole or up with a partner (so long as he gets to be the creative one of the two)

Night, Boro.

Tomlin is a no. 10 primarily and a striker second. He can also play on the wings too, true, but you'll get the best of him in that hole or up with a partner (so long as he gets to be the creative one of the two)

It's not where he was most effective according to Posh supporters. Although to be fair, talk to them now about him and he's gash, unfit, a liability, etc etc, bitter, etc etc.

I always liked watching him. We beat them at their place 4-3 (last kick of the game, Craig Davies 20 yard volley after a Butterfield ball over the defence). Tomlin dazzled then. Out wide.

I wouldn't be averse to him starting in the number 10 position, but I think JB deserves to retain his place, so perhaps deeper alongside Grant. Nowt to lose anymore. Two defensive midfielders is not the answer.

It won't happen, but get Muzzy back out wide (he did nowt wrong), Albert other side, recall Juke and send Graham back, and play Tomlin behind Juke with JB and Grant central.

All of those five are Boro players, contracted, assets. Let them prove they're good enough (or not) before rebuilding where needed in the Summer.

Thank me later, Karanka.:)

Does JB have the legs to play that deep lying CM role? He doesn't strike me as the sort to make lung busting runs all day long

His fitness wouldn't be a concern, considering he's a professional athlete coming into his physical prime. It's his questionable positional sense (which can be learned), and that he isn't particularly strong in the challenge that's more of a problem IMO