• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Playoffs are out of reach long ago. It just makes you wish we had sorted ourselves out long before this, we are a work in progress though and if we give karanka a full summer we will be promoted next year

Definitely not even dreaming about the play-offs yet. We'd need to go on a 5-game unbeaten run before I start to think its a realistic possibility.

Forest are on a 3-game losing streak and will no doubt be looking to stop the rot. They've drawn as many games as Boro and only lost 7 times this season. They also have a healthy goal difference, despite their recent poor run. Home advantage should help Boro and a win is a definite possibility, after the confidence-boosting result against Ipswich, but a draw wouldn't be a bad result either.

BORO: W10| D13| L11| F43| A37| Pts 43| Pos 13th

FOREST: W14| D13| L7| F54| A40| Pts 55| Pos 5th

Last 6 Games

BORO: D D L D L W

FOREST: D W D L L L

Historically, this fixture usually ends either in a home win or a draw, so chances are we will get something from this game. Stats courtesy of www.middlesbrough-mad.co.uk

Played: 35

Boro Wins: 13

Draws: 17

Forest Wins: 5

Boro Goals: 51

Forest Goals: 38

Biggest Boro Win: 5-2 (1923-24)

Biggest Forest Win: 1-4 (1954-55)

Last Boro Win: 1-0 (2012-13)

Last Forest Win 0-3 (1992-93 FA Cup) | 3-4 (1988-89)

My Prediction: Middlesbrough 1 - 1 Nottingham Forest

I'm not going to say that we will make the playoffs as there are probably too many teams in front of us, but if, IF, we win our next 3-4 games on the trot (like p_mards is probably trying to say:) ) I think we will certainly be in a position that will make the run in very interesting.

The Championship is coming to the time of the season where the good teams battling for automatic promotion and play offs start feeling massive pressure and throw points away that on paper are as good as guaranteed. QPR have done it, Nottingham Forrest also and Derby so if they continue and other teams follow suit as will happen then if teams well below the play offs, like us, that hit form and get some momentum then the gap to make up wont be as huge as it looks currently.

It can all change in the space of a week especially when you have 3 games in 7 days. A quick turn of 9 points and the teams above picking up only 3/4 points and you've had a 5/6 point swing in your favour.

2 midweek fixtures this month make doing such a thing a real possibility.

We should be looking to get at Forest who are in a tough moment at the minute, is Davies not allowed in the dugout? We take 3 points off Forest and who knows, maybe we could put a little run together at just the right time.

As the Mackems say.....Dare to Dream.

To make the playoffs we'd probably need to win either nine or ten of our remaining matches. It's not impossible but seeing as we just lost to Sheff Wed and prior to Saturday had gone seven games without even scoring a goal, it would seem to be highly unlikely. If we'd managed to win just two of the games on that poor run we'd still be in the mix with some work to do but I don't think we are now sadly.

couple of dreamers on here :) nice to see the positivity. i checked the forest forum and thought if you took the post and put them on here it would look like the forum a few months ago!!

i think 2-0 again with graham and muzzy on the scoresheet. 2 on the bounce and a bit of momentum could get a few teams looking over their shoulder. its harder to saty in the play off spots then it is to get into them so a late charge and sneaking in isn't out of the question.

I'm not going to say that we will make the playoffs as there are probably too many teams in front of us, but if, IF, we win our next 3-4 games on the trot (like p_mards is probably trying to say:) ) I think we will certainly be in a position that will make the run in very interesting.

Its kind of what I was trying to say as well ;)

We need to go on at least a small unbeaten run (say win 3, draw 2) before we can realistically see whether we have a chance of making a push for the play-offs.

We've just ended a poor 7-game run, but as they say, one swallow does not a summer make. If we can pick up where we left off on Saturday, then thats fine by me... :cool:

Steve Claridge categorically ruled out Boro out of the play offs race on Saturday night in FLS so I just want us to get 6th so he has egg in his face the absolute ****