oneBoro Forum

Boro V Nottingham Forest 1-1

Result V the merry men  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Result V the merry men

It's because they use the Bates Algorithm for football fixtures (have done for about 30 years now) it takes into account

Alphabetic (most importantly)

Home ground geography

The only 'Human' input is for when teams enter the cup games (3rd round games) or are competing in Europe

As Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest are close together (alphabetically) we will usually play close to end of the season but is a bit earlier this season due to the amount if teams beginning with 'B' and Wigans European campaign

Sorry guys I made all that up

It's a really really slow day at work :s

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

It's because they use the Bates Algorithm for football fixtures (have done for about 30 years now) it takes into account

Home ground geography

The only 'Human' input is for when teams enter the cup games (3rd round games) or are competing in Europe

As Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest are close together (alphabetically) we will usually play close to end of the season but is a bit earlier this season due to the amount if teams beginning with 'B' and Wigans European campaign

You're sort of right, i think.

Doesn't it go like this:

1x2

3x4

4x5

5x6 etc.

each round of fixtures every team moves one to right (meaning down in the case of away teams) then they have to work out cup ties etc. into it

Not sure how they get the numbers of who's who, i guess league position of the year before would explain why it's always around the same time of year if the team keeps finishing around he same area in the table.

lol uwe how is things today?

Home ground geography

You're sort of right, i think.

Doesn't it go like this:

1x2

3x4

4x5

5x6 etc.

each round of fixtures every team moves one to right (meaning down in the case of away teams) then they have to work out cup ties etc. into it

Not sure how they get the numbers of who's who, i guess league position of the year before would explain why it's always around the same time of year if the team keeps finishing around he same area in the table.

don't they just replace those who went up with those that went down?

When i've organised sports events we were told that that's the system they use in competitions such as the champions league so i'm guessing they might use the same here.

The other method seems too simple :P

Not going to lie folks lovely day to be on the dole lol

Now i said that better get the job im being interviewed for

Or have loads of uni work, why does this always happen around deadlines!

i work from home 3 days a week so i can't complain!! mind you it makes going into the office on a monday and tuesday even more agonising :(

The amount of Football Manager you must play then.. I envy you.

i don't even have it :( i keep telling myself to grab it and play it in the back ground but never get around to it.

trust me, you can't just play it in the background.

you SAY you'll play it in the background, but with in minutes you'll be yelling at your forwards for missing an open goal and putting a suit on for your press conference before the cup final.

Or have loads of uni work, why does this always happen around deadlines!

i work from home 3 days a week so i can't complain!! mind you it makes going into the office on a monday and tuesday even more agonising :(

The amount of Football Manager you must play then.. I envy you.

i don't even have it :( i keep telling myself to grab it and play it in the back ground but never get around to it.

trust me, you can't just play it in the background.

you SAY you'll play it in the background, but with in minutes you'll be yelling at your forwards for missing an open goal and putting a suit on for your press conference before the cup final.

good job i don't have it then lol. i can imagine my boss asking the reason for lack of productivity and me saying i had two press conferences and a player disaplinery that day :D

Middlesbrough FC ‏@Boro · 14s

Boro: Dimi, Gibson, Chalobah, Varga, Carayol, Leadbitter ©, Friend, Tomlin, Graham, Omeruo, Ledesma #UTB

Middlesbrough FC ‏@Boro · 7s

Subs: Steele, Kamara, Butterfield, Williams L, Whitehead, Adomah, Atkinson #UTB

I'm disappointed that Adomah isn't starting but at least he's on the bench for if Ledesma has a similarly ineffective attempt at a performance.......Que the long range screamer from him tonight.

Unless I'm mistaken that is exactly the same team as Ipswich! Good news especially with Adomah on the bench to come on and terrorising the tired legs late on.