oneBoro Forum

Boro V Nottingham Forest 1-1

Result V the merry men  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Result V the merry men

Good post KM786.

Having had time to reflect on the game which many of us listened to plainly and simply we shot ourselves in the foot by not being ruthless enough in front of goal, is this systamatic and part and parcel of playing for Boro?

Bad refereeing howlers take place all the time and you just hope that they even themselves out over a season.

Forest did put us under loads of pressure and it took till the second half before we played with any tempo, well at least some of the players, but due to our ineptitiude in front of goal we threw away what could have been a fine win so maybe a draw was a "fair result"

As far as DG goes well he does not like hard graft does he? He is ok to score when enough chances are presented to him without having to work for it and I thank him for that but clearly we do not need his attitude week in week out and besides it does seem that he does not see a future here and tbh I am ok with that.

This one was thrown away and we will need to work smarter and harder next game

Not sure where you're getting this impression from. DG probably put more miles in than anyone else on the pitch last night, chasing and harrying their centre halves.

Just wasn't our night - god awful decision by the ref and his assistant on the handball.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

defo handball but I was more than happy when Jimmy got away with it against the Geordies, the officials missed it felt Dimi should have still kept it out. time to move on

Exactly Dimi was poor for the goal. We were lucky not to be behind at half time. We should have put the game to bed before the equaliser had enough chances.

Yes it was a howler from the officials but these things do even themselves out.

At least we scored again and it took a handball to score against us.

3pts at bournemouth and all this will be forgotten.

Up the Boro

Just seen the video of the goal, absolutely defies belief that none of the officials spotted that, it really is as blatant cheating as it gets.

How many more points would we have in recent weeks if handballs, balls crossing the line before a goal and goals that actually crossed the lines being disallowed were all called correctly?

One things for sure, these decisions have not evened out for us this season, im convinced of that.

Just seen the video of the goal, absolutely defies belief that none of the officials spotted that, it really is as blatant cheating as it gets.

How many more points would we have in recent weeks if handballs, balls crossing the line before a goal and goals that actually crossed the lines being disallowed were all called correctly?

One things for sure, these decisions have not evened out for us this season, im convinced of that.

Have to agree. I can't remember a previous season where I've come out of just about every game thinking the ref has been dire. Admittedly I'm not the most impartial though. ;)

Good post KM786.

Having had time to reflect on the game which many of us listened to plainly and simply we shot ourselves in the foot by not being ruthless enough in front of goal, is this systamatic and part and parcel of playing for Boro?

Bad refereeing howlers take place all the time and you just hope that they even themselves out over a season.

Forest did put us under loads of pressure and it took till the second half before we played with any tempo, well at least some of the players, but due to our ineptitiude in front of goal we threw away what could have been a fine win so maybe a draw was a "fair result"

As far as DG goes well he does not like hard graft does he? He is ok to score when enough chances are presented to him without having to work for it and I thank him for that but clearly we do not need his attitude week in week out and besides it does seem that he does not see a future here and tbh I am ok with that.

They had alot of the ball but they never really looked as if they might score, you couldnt say they had a great chance until that goal

Good post KM786.

Not sure where you're getting this impression from. DG probably put more miles in than anyone else on the pitch last night, chasing and harrying their centre halves.

Just wasn't our night - god awful decision by the ref and his assistant on the handball.

Agreed, DG put a proper shift in last night, he never stopped chasing, and why do people have a vendetta against Varga ?

Yes Graham put in loads of leg work last night. When he was walking off the pitch his legs were stiff with him looking shattered. He should have taken one of his two clear cut chances though.

I'm not convinced by Varga. Second half he was better but first half he really struggled with their quality attackers, Jamie Paterson in particular where he completely left him for dead after a sharp turn. Hopefully we are targeting a better RB this summer to replace him when his loan ends.

Highlights. Cheating scum that Henderson. You could even see that when he got up he didn't start to celebrate before taking a long look at the linesman. It was definatley on purpose the way he swung his arm into the ball.

Great goal by Carayol.

That is unbelievable. Its not 100% conclusive from that angle, but I pretty much can't see any other realistic alternative. He swipes at it, unless it comes off his hip. But even then his role after 'scoring' in unnatural (as if he's tucked in his hands) and even the other Forest players looked a little embarrassed.

Did either manager make a comment about it?

Definitely.

I'm not usually one to bemoan our luck - you do tend to find that, as with most things, they do even out on the most part to some extent, give or take - but this season our bad luck can't be overlooked.

I would say though that the bad luck probably won't have cost us a top 6 position. Difficult to say that, given how an extra deserved point or two here and there can push you on for the rest of the campaign and effect confidence. But, realistically, it's merely cost us a chance of competing near the top 6. We'd probably still have come up short.

Here's hoping the good luck comes our way when we're a more genuine promotion outfit next season.