oneBoro Forum
boroinbishop

Boro V Nottingham Forest 1-1

Result V the merry men  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Result V the merry men

I think Next season we will have a real chance of promotion.

I think it was undue optimism to expect promotion this season despite the revival under AK. Next season though...

A point against the play offs is still a good result.

Just gutted that the luck of the footballing gods wasnt with us AGAIN this week.

I just want this season to finish now so we can see what changes Karanka makes to the team

I think it was undue optimism to expect promotion this season despite the revival under AK. Next season though...

Are we getting a full new set of officials?

It's what this country needs!

Yup. Excited for next season. Very excited. We have the potential to be a real threat in the next campaign, and the Summer transfer window could be a very interesting one!

But this season is gunna drag now.

Well, to be fair, if the comments about the first half are any guide, a draw was probably a fair result.

Forest dominated possession and neither side had many shots on target:

Possession (%)

Boro 35 - 65 Forest

Shots (on target)

Boro 14(3) - 16(3) Forest

Corners

Boro 5 - 6 Forest

Fouls (bookings)

Boro 9(0) - 10(1) Forest

Are we getting a full new set of officials?

It's what this country needs!

It certainly is.

The ball was hip high and he makes a clear motion with his left arm batting forward.

I know we only get the one angle on SSN but I'm absolutely convinced it was 100% handball.

Dimi wouldn't run that far up the pitch either if he wasn't so sure I don't think.

Far too many draws for us this season

Better than defeats.

Wasn't helped by Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles and David Blunkett as match officials though.

Yup. Excited for next season. Very excited. We have the potential to be a real threat in the next campaign, and the Summer transfer window could be a very interesting one!

But this season is gunna drag now.

Deja vu 4! As long as its not another false dawn, linked with every man and his dog and the his dogs immediate family and then BANG, transfer deadline day news "boro make only signing of he summer... Jason Euell!!"

It's outrageous how bad the officials are in the lower leagues.

Poor. Playing a side in really poor form, should have beaten them

If that 'goal' was a handball, then that's an harsh comment.

Maybe, it sums up our season in a way, not taking chances and then done by a bad decision. They had their chances too but you want to be beating a side in their form

• Latest Posts

• I agree we could utilise European leagues better but look in League 1 there's no standout young strikers and the 'best' striker in the league Toney is priced at 8 million! I think, and the club as well apparently, that getting a new striker on the books permanently is a priority right now so the League 1 options available right now are bleh and I don't see Warnock looking abroad even if he says he is. Reality for us is our 2 senior contracted strikers are our higher earners, we have no intention of extending on their current terms and if you're them why accept reduced terms at their ages so the conundrum is they're probably both available but the club knows it needs to commit to a new striker this summer so that we at least have one on the books next summer otherwise we'll be extorted for any striker we go for and be in an awful position going into that pre season.
    • Before becoming "Proven" those 3 were signed for a combined fee of less than £6 Million by Brentford and Birmingham respectively. Watkins from the lower leagues (Exeter), Adams from Sheffield United (after they were promoted back to Championship) and Maupay from the French 2nd Division. Personally I think we should go the route of looking for a 20/21 (like the 3 above where when they signed), giving them time to develop and play as 3rd choice behind Britt (Proven) and Fletcher (who has just scored 10+ this season). But then Warnock is probably not in the same frame of mind when it comes to playing style as I am and he's probably not thinking long term as it stands.
    • Welcome. Hope you are keeping safe over the pond. I think we are in for a much better season than the last 4 👍🇺🇸