oneBoro Forum

Boro v AFC Bournemouth (A) 0-0

Definitely don't have time to make a proper match day thread during the week, and there's not an awful lot to play for, so welcome to my annual stupid/funny football GIFs thread in lieu of a proper match day thread.

h04BD02E4

Hzreu.gif

soccer.gif

tumblr_m6el7ooP7C1r1u85fo1_400.gif

bbb.gif?w=320&h=240

ow.gif?w=400&h=210

zlatan-elastico.gif

Oh aye sure a few talking points cause there's a match on or something -

Whats your favourite funny football gif/video?

Who will play number 10 if Tomlin is injuried?

Will we score?

Will we conceed?

How with the ref conspire to screw us?

That's about it really.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha these are all in super slo-mo on my iPhone which makes them all the more entertaining.

1. Boris johnsons rugby tackle

2. Butterflied

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Probably take it to the next level and smash grant leadbitters skull in with a 2x4, and somehow no one will notice

One thing is for certain this will not be a goaless game and should be a very entertaining match.

Is there anything to play for? I know AK thinks there is in terms of who he retains next season so I am looking forward to this and hopefully a win to put us into the top ten.

As DS says, there is still plenty to play for, in terms of the players showing if they still want to be here next season. Can't think Karanka has made concrete decisions on too many so far. Of course, whether they see it like that is another matter.

So, lets see. Bournemouth until recently were on a poor run of form with just 1 win in 8. Last 2 games have been back-to-back wins which will undoubtedly have lifted their confidence. However, the fact thery were a 5-0 thrashing of Doncaster and a 1-0 win at Blackpool is rather less impressive. They score a fair few goals (just 1 less than Boro) but concede even more, so as DS also pointed out, this is unlikely to be a 0-0 bore draw.

AFC BOURNEMOUTH: W11| D9| L13| F43| A51| Pts 42| Pos 15th

BORO: W10| D14| L11| F44| A38| Pts 44| Pos 12th

Last 6 Games

AFC BOURNEMOUTH: L D D L W W

BORO: D L D L W D

Whats your favourite funny football gif/video?

Don't have one as I don't bother looking them up.

Who will play number 10 if Tomlin is injured?

Kamara, Adomah, Main, Leadbitter...nah, probably Butterfingers

Will we score?

Almost certainly

Will we conceed?

See previous answer

How with the ref conspire to screw us?

I'll go with a dodgy penalty decision for Bournemouth.

Not much to go on historically, as these two sides have usually been in different leagues. The few league matches there have been, have tended to end in Boro wins or draws overall. Picture is a bit different at their place though. Stats courtesy of www.middlesbrough-mad.co.uk

Played: 5

Bournemouth Wins: 1

Draws: 3

Boro Wins: 1

Bournemouth Goals: 7

Boro Goals: 6

Biggest Bournemouth Win: 3-1 (1986-97)

Biggest Boro Win: 1-2 (1991-92 League Cup)

Last Bournemouth Win: as above

Last Boro Win: as above

The reverse fixture this season ended in a 3-3 draw at the Riverside, so a win is by no means guaranteed.

My Prediction: AFC Bournemouth 2 - 2 Middlesbrough

1240308743_soccer-wtf.gif?w=272&h=217

Butterfield to play number 10. Think we'll win 2-1, with Graham and Carayol getting goals. Referee will realise at 80minutes that Bournemouth don't have a goal, pick the ball up and kick it in our net himself, gifting them a precious consolation.