oneBoro Forum

Boro v AFC Bournemouth (A) 0-0

Yeah Rich I agree with most of your additions.

Varga isn't great with the ball, but I thought he played a relatively simple game with that today, so it was acceptable.

Omeruo I thought got himself into trouble a couple of times when he had the ball, but he has enough talent to get out of it without conceding a chance against.

And yes, Dimi's one major flaw is he isn't a great kicker.

Oh and with Graham, yes, I accept that he didn't have much to work with, second half especially, we were punting balls up at him. But when he DID get it he just sort of...stumbled over himself. More than once.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Dimi was a 9 for those two saves.

His kicking isn't fantastic, lots of his kicks hung in the air, but he wasn't AWFUL. No one could really play a good ball yesterday, not just Dimi.

I know this is going to sound a bit crappy, but Muzzys injury now gives us the upper hand in negotiations, that being said I hope he makes a speedy recovery etc

If he's done his cruciate then I'd like to think we wouldn't be negotiating anything at all. It would be crazy to do that in those circumstances in my opinion.

Did Dimi not drop the ball for the disallowed goal? Reports at the time said that we were lucky to get away with that one did anyone see it?

Yes I didn't see anything wrong with the goal, It should have stood.

i dont know if this has already been asked, but the white kit boro played in on saturday is that just an alternative kit or is it the new kit for next season?

and does anyone know when next seasons kits go on sale??

It was a foul on Dimi from what I saw.

"The Goalkeeper is considered to be in possession of the ball:

- while the ball is between his hands or between his hand and any surface (e.g., ground, own body)"

Rule 12 I believe.

Yeah. Me and my dad were having a discussion about this at the time.

The only reason we know it is because we looked up the rules when it happened in one of my league games when I was playing.

It's one of those quite obscure things that no one really talks about so unless you've read the rule book and specifically remember that, most people do tend to think it's two hands on the ball = control. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the players playing actually knew the specifics of that rule.

Dimi definitely had it between one hand and the ground. Well noticed by the ref (I'll give him that, he was terrible the rest of the game).

According to the rule book (atleast a couple of seasons ago), a keeper can not pick up a ball that he has just parried because a parry counts as a back pass. That rule is soundly ignored in football though.