oneBoro Forum

No idea where you've got the "end of the season" part from. I've only ever seen about AK wanting him to serve his suspension first

What would be the point of that?

AK clearly wanted Steele available as soon as possible, that's why he told him to wait until the end of the season. Do you seriously think that AK would tell Steele to wait 3 games and then get his operation? why?

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant update of the OP Borobaz...very fancy! :D

I'm less optimistic now, than when I made my original prediction, but will stick with a 1-0 win for Boro out of a sense of mild desperation, for both a goal and a win.

Predicted Crowd: 29,995

...sorry, just had a late 90s flashback there...

Actual Predicted Crowd: 13,895

No idea where you've got the "end of the season" part from. I've only ever seen about AK wanting him to serve his suspension first

What would be the point of that?

AK clearly wanted Steele available as soon as possible, that's why he told him to wait until the end of the season. Do you seriously think that AK would tell Steele to wait 3 games and then get his operation? why?

To make steele actually serve his punishment? Rather than use it as an oportunity. A lesson in discipline.

It was a harsh sending off, due to a very dodgy back header by Ayala, blimey so many people seem to have it in for Steele.

And you seem to have it in for the manager.

The sending off wasn't harsh, fully deserved for me. It was a potentially dangerous tackle, and he's done it before. I seem to recall he clattered a Cardiff player outside the box once and got none of the ball, but got away with it somehow in that instance. It was Ayala's mistake which resulted in his sending off, that's indisputable, but equally it was his mistake in clattering the Leeds lad that earned him the red card.

It was a harsh sending off, due to a very dodgy back header by Ayala, blimey so many people seem to have it in for Steele.

I'm a big steele fan. If you really wanted to, reading back over my old posts would show you that. But AK's a bit of a disciplinarian by all accounts, so if he wants to teach jason a lesson by making him realise he has to serve a punishment whether fully deserved or not, then that's fine by me.

Sure but I really don't think that's what happened. AK wanted Steele to wait until the end of the season for his op saying that the team needed him. Steele said that he wanted it right away, because he felt his career was more important to him.

Will you are spot on, I'm not a fan of Karanka, He is very inexperienced as a manager and doesn't seem to be able to handle the players that well. His man management is confrontational, to say the least. I don't think he should be looking to make wholesale changes at the end of the season, because we can't afford to keep offloading players for nothing, and getting new ones in, with the same flaws. I'm not keen on having half a team made up of other teams youth players, and I don't believe FFP will allow us to buy the players that AK needs to work in his (Mourinho's old) system.

I would be very sad if we lost Carayol, Emnes, Adomah and Kamara at the end of the season.

Where is your evidence saying AK wanted him to wait until the end of the season?

As far as I remember, EVERYTHING that has been said about AK and Steele revolves around AK wanting Steele to serve his 3 match ban BEFORE having his surgery and mentioned nothing about waiting till the end of the season.

This from BoroinFerryhill

"Now Steele... That all came about after his sending of at leeds he said. Instead of taking my. 3 match ban im going to have my ankle op and karanka said. No you serve your. 3 match ban Steele said my health is more important than this club ....

karanka also said u will not. Play again seems to be his favourite words. But Steele hasn't featured and from what i gather he may not feature again. Unless injuries occur"

Reading between the lines, Karanka wanted Steele available as soon as his suspension finished, the phrase "my health is more important than the club" is the giveaway. How would the club not suffer if Steele had his op 3 games later and was out for longer? Surely it would have been in the best interests of the club to have Steele available sooner rather than later. Do you see what I mean?

"My health is more important than this club" could mean a myriad of things.

Maybe Mowbray was asking him to play through it and he was simply sick of waiting so when he got the chance he was going to take it, no matter whether Karanka wanted him to serve his ban and then play again or go do it after those three games.

Perhaps he just said "no screw this, I've sat on this for to long I'm not going another three games when I'm not playing anyway"

See.

I can speculate too.

Crazy thing with opinions, hey.

Regardless of the semantics, the fact is AK has fallen out with Steele and won't play him. It's got nothing to do with fitness or form, it's a real shame because I don't think we'll get that much money for JS if we sell him and he's the best keeper that we have. I guess if we are to sell him, he'll be fit during the transfer window, unlike poor old Muzzy.

Just like to point out that steeles been on the bench the last 2 games so karanka must be ok about playing him

Anyone know how much Steele got fined for getting he's op done?