oneBoro Forum

Probably not simply because no-one knew how good or bad Dimi was.

I like Steele, but I wouldn't cry if we let him go for a few million, same goes for a lot of players in the team.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Steele when back fully fit with match sharpness is without doubt better than Dimi. Early to mid last season Steele was unbelievable and if it wasn't for them performances we would have been relegated. If he breaks into the team before the end of the season and shows Karanka how good he is when fit/focused I would be very happy and feel far more comfortable that he won't be sold in the summer.

To be fair AK did say that the other keepers were training better than Steele. It is now up to him to show strength and discipline and force himself back into the team. For far to now long now Steele has had no competition and I think took it for granted that he was number one choice. If he hasn't got any backbone he can go.

Hignett also mentioned In the supporters club meeting that AK wants all of the players to play and train at 100% intensity all of the time, higgy made a point of saying that some of the English players didn't like this and they just wanted to train lightly and turn up on saturdays to play.

Will,

To be perfectly honest if that's the attitude then they can *** off. I don't give a damn if they're local or not.

Exactly my thoughts and AK's by the sound of it.

I'd run 24 hours a day to earn half of what most of our first team are on! They don't do an awful lot outside matches, a couple of brief-ish training sessions. You'd expect them to at least try hard to earn their money.

Totally agree mmc i would burst a gut to become a fans favourite but todays players are in it for one thing pay packet .... It puts things into perspective when the lads are going to afgan it makes me sick

Jamesp when you get this give me a ring

Where is your evidence saying AK wanted him to wait until the end of the season?

As far as I remember, EVERYTHING that has been said about AK and Steele revolves around AK wanting Steele to serve his 3 match ban BEFORE having his surgery and mentioned nothing about waiting till the end of the season.

I refuse to believe that AK wanted Steele to serve his ban before getting an op. That would probably be stupidest management decision I have ever heard of, and even trumps Southgates continuous selection of the Gook!

Where is your evidence saying AK wanted him to wait until the end of the season?

As far as I remember, EVERYTHING that has been said about AK and Steele revolves around AK wanting Steele to serve his 3 match ban BEFORE having his surgery and mentioned nothing about waiting till the end of the season.

I refuse to believe that AK wanted Steele to serve his ban before getting an op. That would probably be stupidest management decision I have ever heard of, and even trumps Southgates continuous selection of the Gook!

Here here. Absolute nonsense. It's an antagonistic approach which has zero logic behind it.