oneBoro Forum

Morrison committed a yellow card offense and was let off because he was yellowed.

Kranjcar was given what looked like TWO final warnings and was then subbed.

Carroll was yellowed in the first half and then dived in the box, which is simulation, which is a yellow card

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. It's not like these were "on the fence" decisions.

They were all clear yellow cards.

The fact that Kranjcar was given a final warning and then ANOTHER final warning is maddening.

I think it was Tom Carroll(or someone else on a yellow) who fouled one of our players and instead of the referee giving him a second booking like he should have instead told him to apologise, pathetic.

Don't worry folks, you couldn't have an easier game than Tuesdays to get back into it. Not even sure what I'm going for, apart from already having a season ticket, but it's a lousy journey back after watching the crap performance that Town have put in the last half dozen games. Our lot are already in Marbella at the moment, and Bobbins doesn't believe in going for a win even at home. No doubt both sets of supporters will be glad when this seasons over, but like yourselves, having just had reminders for next years season ticket, not many of us will be rushing out to get one on current performances. Deano at our place will not be happy, no doubt Gibson isn't too impressed either. Sounds like you had a crap ref today from reading the posts, seen a few of those this season too. All I'll say is, it'll not be 0-0 cos I've seen our bloody defence. Apologies for posting on match thread but you aint got an Hudders one going yet.

I know they were 'yellow card offences' but they shouldn't be. The game is getting ridiculous now. Rather than talk about yellow card offences ask yourself if any of those players did stuff that warranted them being kicked out of the game? Niggly fouls and falling over shouldn't have people sent off it's as simple as that. As long as a ref is treating both sets of the players the same then I have no problem with it and it's by far the more preferable way to referee a game.

Red cards and for that matter yellows were never intended to be handed out with the frequency that they are now and the law makers are screwing up the game as a result. None of the QPR players did anything serious, it was a game that didn't have a great deal of edge to it at all and you're talking about 3 players being sent off! It's absolutely crazy and a fairly sad indictment of where the game is now and where it's being pushed unfortunately.

So you think diving shouldn't be punished?

Or persistent foul play for that matter. If there's no punishments the game will get even worse and just end up being a foulfest and skill won't mean anything.

Lets take a look at the three reds that should have been given.

Krancjar: Booked relatively early and then committed three or four needless fouls after that, including a stupid handball. Was given two final warnings. Persistent fouling has always been an offence worthy of a sending off and that is as it should be.

Carroll: Booked early for a pull on the shirt right in front of the ref. Then took a blatant dive in the box. Diving is an automatic yellow, meaning he should have been off. You can't argue that "falling over shouldn't be a yellow". Yes. Yes it should.

Morrison: Booked for getting into it with Kamara, both parties guilty there. With in minutes takes out Whiteheads ankles late. Definite yellow card offence.

I'm not even sure how you can argue how any of those should have stayed on the pitch.

Kranjcar made 6 or 7 fouls and simulation is flat out cheating and warrants punishment.

Morrison made a vicious foul as well as raised his hands to Kamara.

All warranted.

Don't worry folks, you couldn't have an easier game than Tuesdays to get back into it. Not even sure what I'm going for, apart from already having a season ticket, but it's a lousy journey back after watching the crap performance that Town have put in the last half dozen games. Our lot are already in Marbella at the moment, and Bobbins doesn't believe in going for a win even at home. No doubt both sets of supporters will be glad when this seasons over, but like yourselves, having just had reminders for next years season ticket, not many of us will be rushing out to get one on current performances. Deano at our place will not be happy, no doubt Gibson isn't too impressed either. Sounds like you had a crap ref today from reading the posts, seen a few of those this season too. All I'll say is, it'll not be 0-0 cos I've seen our bloody defence. Apologies for posting on match thread but you aint got an Hudders one going yet.

Welcome, nice to hear from a fan from the other team.

And with regards to us winning... This is middlesbrough you're talking about :p we'll find a way to not score don't worry. We'll have 20 shots, 19 off target, no goals and you'll get a cheeky counter in at some point :)

Lets take a look at the three reds that should have been given.

Krancjar: Booked relatively early and then committed three or four needless fouls after that, including a stupid handball. Was given two final warnings. Persistent fouling has always been an offence worthy of a sending off and that is as it should be.

Carroll: Booked early for a pull on the shirt right in front of the ref. Then took a blatant dive in the box. Diving is an automatic yellow, meaning he should have been off. You can't argue that "falling over shouldn't be a yellow". Yes. Yes it should.

Morrison: Booked for getting into it with Kamara, both parties guilty there. With in minutes takes out Whiteheads ankles late. Definite yellow card offence.

I'm not even sure how you can argue how any of those should have stayed on the pitch.

Persistent fouling has never been an offence worthy of a sending off. Do you mean worthy of a yellow card? I'd argue that what he did wasn't persistent, he just gave a few freekicks away, no more than three or four from memory and none of them were in any way bad fouls. Yellows and reds were only meant to be reserved for more serious stuff and that isn't happening any more. Now what happens is that the majority of fouls are deemed to be worthy of yellow cards and no they shouldn't be in my opinion.

The Carroll situation highlights my point - he pulled a shirt for gods sake! This is where the game is at now that something as mundane as that now gets a booking. You do that twice in a game and you're off? How can that be right? His dive I wasn't impressed with I have to admit that one, the falling over comment was directed towards Kranjcar rather than that one.

The Morrison tackle to me looked more leg to leg than taking his ankles way. Again that was from where I was sat so I am willing to change my mind if the highlights show something different. I give and get worse than that when I'm playing though if it's what I thought it was.

If Boro had 3 players sent off for those things today you'd all be going ballistic about it on here and you know it. Yellow cards don't need to be handed out all the time is my point of view and referees where possible should look to keep it 11 v 11. If he deals with both teams the same way then I have no issue with it.

Anyone want to chat about Karanka's inability to get anything out of our attack or to have a plan B or will we just avoid that and whinge about refereeing? Again.

I know they were 'yellow card offences' but they shouldn't be. The game is getting ridiculous now. Rather than talk about yellow card offences ask yourself if any of those players did stuff that warranted them being kicked out of the game? Niggly fouls and falling over shouldn't have people sent off it's as simple as that. As long as a ref is treating both sets of the players the same then I have no problem with it and it's by far the more preferable way to referee a game.

Red cards and for that matter yellows were never intended to be handed out with the frequency that they are now and the law makers are screwing up the game as a result. None of the QPR players did anything serious, it was a game that didn't have a great deal of edge to it at all and you're talking about 3 players being sent off! It's absolutely crazy and a fairly sad indictment of where the game is now and where it's being pushed unfortunately.

I see where you're coming from CT and I think what players CAN be booked for these days is lunacy, but based how the rules are interpreted these days and on what I was told at the match and read on here at least one man should have walked.

Although that said everything that happened today was either miles away from me or I just missed it completely so I'm waiting till the FL show to pass judgement (even though they'll probably just show QPR goals and move on!!!! ;)

A shirt pull isn't always a yellow, most of the time it is just a free kick.

He almost tore his shirt off it was that much of a pull though, so I can see why that one got booked.

hoyte, we're the main match on FLS apparently (hence the stream I think?) so you'll get all the major stuff :)

As for the problems with the attack, it's been stale sure. We've gone flat and it's an issue, but I don't think we'll be this flat next year and I refuse to get worried about it until next year when karanka has the players that can play his system. If we're still not working, then I'll worry.