oneBoro Forum

adomah 7.5 provided constant threat

Threat of what? Suffocating himself in Yeung's pocket? He was completely ineffective and should have been subbed at half time.

If you think he provided any sort of threat then you were clearly either watching a game from before Christmas or just haven't got a clue.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

adomah 7.5 provided constant threat

He was completely ineffective and should have been subbed at half time.

well believe we watched a different game. he provided at least 5 to 6 quality crossings in the 1st half. perhaps you have to study it again

That's not at all the case, there is a list of things that warrant a yellow card (remember this from doing my level two coaching badge) and not just whatever is deemed as `reckless`, on that course i was told the correct number for persistant fouling is three fouls.

I was asking a mate of mine about this recently too who is a northern league linesman about whether you can get sent off for persistant fouling, his answer was theoretically, after six fouls you should be sent off, but it rarely happens.

Then you should speak to FIFA and The FA about it because they disagree with your course and your mate:

'There is no specific number of infringements which constitutes “persistence” or the presence of a pattern – this is entirely a matter of judgement and must be determined in the context of effective game management.'

So in the referee's mind yesterday, Krankjcar wasn't tearing around hammering into people, he just gave away a few freekicks and as the game had no real edge or spice to it then the referee clearly felt it wasn't persistent fouling as such. Neither did I whilst watching it.

I know there's a list of things that warrant yellow cards, I could reproduce them all here. My point was that some of the fouls that people are demanding yellow cards for aren't yellow card offences unless they are deemed to be reckless rather than careless. Deliberate handball is also not an automatic yellow card as some people might believe. As with most things they all come down to a level of interpretation anyway.

Again, as long as the referee interprets things the same for both sides then I really don't see the problem with it. The only issue comes if/when referees apply things differently to each team. Inconsistency between different referees is to be expected as much of refereeing is subjective but inconsistency within the same game by the same referee is where for me there would be a problem.

Maybe it was just the opinion of the person delivering the course saying three fouls was enough then, theres no doubting kranjcar should have been sent off though, he got two final warnings

For my twopennuth

Dimi had a good game and looked solid - The bobble was a complete freak and to blame him is ridiculous - Actually questioned what on earth Omerou was passing back to him when he had all the time in the world to play it back upfield

Graham - Never had a pass worth its name all game to him - Reminded me of the problems Juke had. Both are forwards who need service and they aren't getting it from us.

Kamara - Poor - Slows play up every time he gets the ball and should be on his way in the summer

Adomah - Poor game and been off the pace for a while now

Of the rest we looked pretty solid and easily as good as QPR despite their pillock of a manager claiming they controlled the game.

I'm not too down about the game. I thought we played well for most of the game and with a bit more quality up front we would have gotten two goals which would probably have won the game. If we play like this in most games next season and add something different up front then we will surely be top-6 contenders.

I really hope that we can keep Omeruo next season, as him and Gibson look like a very good partnership and both are more likely to stay fit compared to what else we have.

I'll be very keen to see Butterfield starting in CM and Tomlin in AMC, as I actually think Butterfield had a decent game and did contribute with a few attempts, but I think he is probably more suited at CM with a few attackers in front of him.

AND STOP PLAYING KAMARA! Give Luke Williams a chance to show that he has learned something on loan.

For my twopennuth

Dimi had a good game and looked solid - The bobble was a complete freak and to blame him is ridiculous - Actually questioned what on earth Omerou was passing back to him when he had all the time in the world to play it back upfield

Graham - Never had a pass worth its name all game to him - Reminded me of the problems Juke had. Both are forwards who need service and they aren't getting it from us.

Kamara - Poor - Slows play up every time he gets the ball and should be on his way in the summer

Adomah - Poor game and been off the pace for a while now

Of the rest we looked pretty solid and easily as good as QPR despite their pillock of a manager claiming they controlled the game.

Agreed. Had to resist a strong urge to chuck something heavy at the telly when I saw Redknapp's post-match interview on the FLS. :@

I've been reading the QPR match thread on their forum as well and I swear to god we must have all watched a different game to them.

As far as they're concerned they bossed the game and were by far the better team.

We were better than them by a fair way first half. Played some of the nicest football I've seen us play this season. Second half was 50/50 until the 94th minute. QPR were never 'in control' of the game. If they were then they wouldn't have required a flukey goal in the 94th minute to seal a win would they? Redknapp spouts so much ***e it's unbelievable...

Middlesbrough FC ‏@Boro · 1m

Press conference: Aitor Karanka has revealed that the ball hit a plastic bottle top before bobbling over Dimi's foot for QPR's second goal.

From what I've seen, their fanbase seems reasonably down to earth. The majority don't think they'll go up and don't see themselves as anything but a bunch of mercenaries. Plus they all accept that they're hated for splashing the cash and having a series of dislikeable, arrogant managers.

However Joey Barton and 'Arry are living in cuckoo land and both think they're the best thing since sliced bread.

Middlesbrough FC ‏@Boro · 1m

Press conference: Aitor Karanka has revealed that the ball hit a plastic bottle top before bobbling over Dimi's foot for QPR's second goal.

Saw Harry leaving the stadium with a bottle of water with no cap.

#sabotage