oneBoro Forum

Boro V Huddersfield (A) 2-2

The team I'd like to see tomorrow:

--------------Dimi----------------

-Varga-Omeruo-Gibson-Friend-

------Whitehead-Chalobah-------

---Adomah-Tomlin-L.Williams---

------------Graham--------------

But if L.Williams has been poor in training then it will be a tough choice between Kamara and the bottle top, then based on recent form and creative spark I'd opt for the bottle top.

Or even switch our attacking trio to Ledesma-Tomlin-Adomah. I'd be happy either way as long as we find any way not to play Kamara LW.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If Steele has no future with us, then he shouldn't start. I don't know the ins or outs of what's gone on, so I can't really judge whether Steele deserves to be sidelined like he has. But I haven't yet had enough reasons to doubt AKs judgements. However, I wouldn't be happy if Dimi was first choice next season. Yet, as it stands, I would be quite content with him being second choice in the upcoming campaign. So him starting would be fine.

--------------- Dimi ---------------

- Varga - Omeruo - Gibson - Friend -

------- Whitehead - Chalobah ------

-- Adomah --- Tomlin --- Brobbel --

------------- Graham --------------

As for Brobbel, it's a complete stab in the dark. I wouldn't shift Adomah from his natural position and start the unpredictable Ledesma. Nor would I do the same to L.Williams. Nor would I put Kamara there. And nor would I play Butterfield centrally and put Tomlin in an unfamiliar position. Brobbel's contract ends this summer, we're basically completely safe, and we (us fans anyway) don't really know what he has to offer. So, unless AK has seen something that makes it clear he isn't ready or good enough, then I'd start Brobbel - just for, if anything, to see what he offers, whether he deserves a contract extension and whether he has a future with us. Our season is over. Why not! And at least everyone would be in their natural position; the best way to prepare for next season and to make experimentation worthwhile in terms of judging player credentials.

But, I'm just an outsider and a fan. And AK knows best.

That thread pretty much sums the rest of the season up BB

Might be worth starting Morris for this game, nothing to play for so surely first team football wont do him any harm. Wouldnt change any of the defence or midfield, would like to see us give L williams a try, needs to be given a chance (is his contract up in the summer?) Start tomlin over butterfield. PLEASE dont play graham though!!!!!!!! At least kamara will hold up the ball which will hopefully bring the wide players into the game. Ultimatly we dont have a goalscorer at the club and this needs to be the #1 priority in the summer. No point in playing Graham now if he wont be here next season. Our pre season should really be beginning now.

-------------Dimi----------

Varga--Gibson--Omeruo--friend

----Whitehead--Chalobah----

Adomah---Tomlin---Williams

------------Kamara--------------

1-1 (Tomlin)

Graham hasn't been great. But I'd say he hasn't been awful and hasn't had the support going forward he needs. He has missed some chances, but he's too easy a target for blame in my opinion. Too easy. Yes, Kamara wins headers and holds up the ball quite well, but I think Graham is more likely the finish a chance if we play it right. They both work hard. But I'd rather have a natural goalscorer at the tip of a 4-2-3-1. For now at least. Certainly neither would be preferential starters for me next season though.

Graham hasn't been great. But I'd say he hasn't been awful and hasn't had the support going forward he needs. He has missed some chances, but he's too easy a target for blame in my opinion. Too easy. Yes, Kamara wins headers and holds up the ball quite well, but I think Graham is more likely the finish a chance if we play it right. They both work hard. But I'd rather have a natural goalscorer at the tip of a 4-2-3-1. For now at least. Certainly neither would be preferential starters for me next season though.

I dont agree that graham hasnt had the service, he has had plenty of chances since he came here that he has wasted, he doesnt seem to be getting into the positions for me though, noticed it every time I have seen him play for us. He is missing chances to get in the box far too often when we have the ball out wide. the whole team is doing this though, we never seem to have more than 1 in the box which is daft considering how often we cross the ball

It looks fairly clear that graham wont be here next season though and Kamara likely will, surely it would be better to start building for next season now with nothing to play for, give kamara a run in the team till the end of the season to see if he is good enough to stay at the club

To be honest I would be worried if we went into next season with either kamara or graham leading the line

I'm all for giving the fringe players a chance. But this has to be slowly drip fed into a team, there isn't much point putting 2-3 fringe players straight into the starting 11 when the team is low on confidence, not scoring and quite obviously frustrated with the way things have gone recently. Bryn has time on his hands and maybe would benefit from next seasons early cup games. Luke W most definitely deserves a shot after performing well at Pools only to be brought back and not used that must be frustrating the crap out of him.

I'd like to see him in the midfield three with Kei upfront. Also regarding nothing to play for, I don't want to pay upwards of £50 to take my boy to the game only to consistently see a experimental, ever changing team get thumped every week. Don't think many other fans do either

Boy, I hope you lads are better at predictions than I am. Fair bit of pessimism regarding the result tonight, hope you're right. Personally ever optimistic I'm going for 3-3, with Vaughany to return to scoring ways and Wells to get a couple. Bound to happen, there was talk of you being interested in him at one point. Mind you I am RUBBISH at predictions, managed my average 6pts on the Sky Super 6 last weekend, so it'll probably be 0-0. To be honest I'm not exactly excited myself, seen some right dross at Town a lately, but having a season ticket I will be there. Probably leave a bit earlier than you lads, still have family in the area, and I'm retired so no work to hold me back. Don't run the ginger iq off the road though on the way back guys. Don't usually flaunt the scarf, but I could be tempted if we win 5-0!

For the first time in a absolute age I really am not that overly bothered about the game tonight...........don't get me wrong I am always keen about days when the Boro play but somehow the edge has gone and it has taken somewhat of a blah feeling about it!

In saying that maybe we will witness (hard if you are not there) a terrific game and one that should be open.

Its been a funny 2014 so far results nowhere as bad as last year but not a great improvement either

To be honest i think we have a prime opportunity for AK to start looking for next season and who is worth their place... Therefore the lineup i would choose would be...

steele/dimi

Varga Gibson omerou friend

Morris leadbitter

ledemsa Williams Tomlin

kamara/main

I'm starting to think the only reason games matter now is so that we have a decent finishing position in the league to help attract better quality players in the summer. Also I'd like to see some important first team players for next season like Tomlin open his scoring for us and have a strong finish to the season to give us something to be excited about next season.