oneBoro Forum

Boro V Huddersfield (A) 2-2

these videos highlight how karanka isnt playing the right formation that best suits the players at the moment. Not that its a bad thing, if he believes that the players who will stay the same next season, it makes sense to keep drilling the same system into them. We just need to find the players who suit the formation, I think in the summer Karanka will have time to do this.

When he came in, he has transformed up from relegation candidates to mid table. We dont concede as many, and due to the formation, i.e not clicking up front (due to the players not suiting the system) we havent scored as many. Whilst initially this is a problem, i think that in building from the back, i.e being hard to beat is good. As when he gets HIS players in to suit the system, is when he should be judged. I hardly imagine that he wanted to get Graham who isnt a good players for the 1 up top option.

WIth the likes of Tomlin, who i believe given a good pre season + a good attacking partner up front, who makes good intelligent runs, could be useful. In addition to this, we would have two other CAM's to play with up and around there.

If I were Karanka, this is what I would hope for next season:

GK - ??

RB - Varga / Replacement CB - Gibson / Omeruo CB - Ayala LB -Friend

CDM - Chalobah & CDM ??

CAM - CAM- Tomlin CAM - ??

ST- ??

Obviously that is depending if we get the Chelsea lads back and if we renew Varga's loan.

Defensively, I think we are ok on the whole. Its sometimes when attacks break down up the top end, not killing games off, and missing chances that we fall upon our sword. Getting players who suit the system obviously goes without saying, is fundamental to next seasons success.

I think currently, Karanka is just treading water before the summer where he will impliment changes.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think they show karanka isnt playing the right formation.. They show one coaches view on the way things should be , im sure other coaches would have a different view

Some quick reviews...

Dimi 5 beaten at near post for first which was poor... otherwise nothing stellar but commanded his box ok

Friend 7 wasn't having any luck with his forays forward but still looked one of our best players

Gibson 6 not his best game... looked shaky at times and distribution awful... too many aimless punts forward to nowhere

Omeruo 8 mom... easily the best boro player... in a different class... had a few shaky moments but always recovered

Varga 5 that little @#$% adam hammill had the better of him first half... improved second... not a long term solution

Chalobah 6 few nice touches... too laid back though... too many mistakes... thinks he's better than he is... butterfield more effective in this role second half

Whitehead 7 decent defensive performance... usual couple of misplaced passes but nothing serious... could have been more forward minded on occasions

Butterfield 6 not his best game tonite... not a number 10 or second striker and looked more effective in the deeper role second half

Adomah 7 couple of goals from bad defensive errors... nearly fluffed the second blasting it straight at the keeper... one of the few willing to run at defenders

Ledesma 5 poor game from manny tonite... struggled to get in the game and little came off for him... looked dangerous for about 5 mins at start of second half

Graham 6 first half was another tireless performance chasing nothing against overwhelming odds... looked better second half with more support but not a long term solution... not a target man like juke who was more effective in this thankless role... system needs to adapt to give strikers more support or our strikers will never score

Tomlin 6 few nice tricks and touches early in second half but otherwise looked off the pace

Main 5 barely touched the ball

Williams 7 managed to make an impression in the 5 mins he was on the pitch with some nice touches and interplay... looks like some regular football might have had a positive effect

That's a joke, right?

if not it's the most stupid thing I've ever seen on here:D

Gotta agree Beamish, stupid comment regarding Adomahs 2nd. Looks even better strike on the video than I saw at the time, and I can't see how anyone could expect Smithies to stop that. Mind you the first half of the sentence was correct, defensive errors were definitely involved.

Some quick reviews...

Dimi 5 beaten at near post for first which was poor... otherwise nothing stellar but commanded his box ok

Friend 7 wasn't having any luck with his forays forward but still looked one of our best players

Gibson 6 not his best game... looked shaky at times and distribution awful... too many aimless punts forward to nowhere

Omeruo 8 mom... easily the best boro player... in a different class... had a few shaky moments but always recovered

Varga 5 that little @#$% adam hammill had the better of him first half... improved second... not a long term solution

Chalobah 6 few nice touches... too laid back though... too many mistakes... thinks he's better than he is... butterfield more effective in this role second half

Whitehead 7 decent defensive performance... usual couple of misplaced passes but nothing serious... could have been more forward minded on occasions

Butterfield 6 not his best game tonite... not a number 10 or second striker and looked more effective in the deeper role second half

Adomah 7 couple of goals from bad defensive errors... nearly fluffed the second blasting it straight at the keeper... one of the few willing to run at defenders

Ledesma 5 poor game from manny tonite... struggled to get in the game and little came off for him... looked dangerous for about 5 mins at start of second half

Graham 6 first half was another tireless performance chasing nothing against overwhelming odds... looked better second half with more support but not a long term solution... not a target man like juke who was more effective in this thankless role... system needs to adapt to give strikers more support or our strikers will never score

Tomlin 6 few nice tricks and touches early in second half but otherwise looked off the pace

Main 5 barely touched the ball

Williams 7 managed to make an impression in the 5 mins he was on the pitch with some nice touches and interplay... looks like some regular football might have had a positive effect

That's a joke, right?

if not it's the most stupid thing I've ever seen on here:D

Steady on chaps... from where I was stood... dead centre row v... it looked like he smashed it through the keeper rather than try and aim for the corners... sorry but there aren't any tv replays when you buy a ticket

Great way to encourage new posters as well... I won't bother going to the effort next time

Fair point lad, take no notice of my reply anyway. I don't count being with the other lot and was more watching the *** that gave it him in the first place. Also wasn't behind the goal so didn't have your view as you point out, and even I think it's a better strike than I first thought, but only as you said with the benefit of a replay. Keep on posting, I'll have retired from posting on Oneboro for the next 6 months or so in a day or two anyway, it being only a twice a year visit for me. Back to the nut jobs at DATM all too soon!!!!!

Whilst Adomah's second was due to a defensive error. I was very impressed with Graham's peel off to the left. This left the centre back with a problem and whilst the split second of indecision was just that a split second Adomah was through. Excellent work

The Well's goal was worth the admission money on its own. I could see from the stand the opportunity. How he saw it I don't know. He had only a small window of goal to aim at and to hit it exactly right was a remarkable achievement.

Williams looked a different player. I do wonder if he is the number 10 we're all hoping Tomlin will be. He has always had the skill. His application has been inconsistent.

Ledesma was frustrating. He is either very good and a match winner or falling over and claiming fouls left right and centre. Yesterday he was the latter.

I found the match entertaining but that was partly due to the errors both sides perpetrated whilst displaying wonderful levels of individual skill and 4 goals to boot

Nice post mcgannd, so that was why Clarky was back-pedalling so fast he almost joined you in the stand. It always amazes me the different views one gets from local press and Managers etc, but doesn't surprise me, let alone the fans supporting the same team who sometimes don't sound as though they were at the same match. Having got home and seen the gazette, first thing I noticed was that they put Towns goals down to two gifts / errors / defensive mistakes. I suppose in their own way they were, lets be honest mistakes somewhere are often the cause of goals, but after the mistakes there was still plenty to do, and no one could even call Wells even a half chance. Adomahs 2nd too required more work than I'd initially thought being at the game. I guess if they were gifts, then our gifts to brag a bit were better than yours, and a lot more comical. Smithies even had a practice run in the 3rd minute, before they got it right in the 10th. Town, the team that keep on giving.

Us oldies either have rose tinted spectacles or get stuff wrong. I'm sure back in the day, MOM just used to be the best guy on the pitch, not like now where every team chooses their own as do the local press. I am going back to the Jimmy Greaves era etc, so could well be wrong, but still in my own way would prefer that. If a guy rips you to shreds, scores three or four, then for me he's MOM whoever he plays for. ( Or defends like Moore against Brazil and Pele ) Tuesday it would have been Wells, superb goal, made the first, worked his socks off all on his own, but when we lost at home 2-4 to Blackburn it would have been Jordan Rhodes, not as ex Town but because he did what it says on the tin, and stuck 3 past us. RIGHT, that's my lot until the next time, nice chatting and meeting a few lads at the game, see you in 6 months or so and enjoy the rest of the season. We should both survive, but I worry about our lot more than you. Both tough games this weekend in the same direction. We're at Reading, who lets face it will bounce straight back after the home loss to Barnsley. Thanks for that Barnsley.