oneBoro Forum

Boro V Huddersfield (A) 2-2

Ziggy are you the Stockton lad we parked next to?

Quite enjoyed that game despite the horrendous standard. We really came out of the blocks in the second half so the change and possibly the team talk must've worked a treat. We seem to have gone backwards defensively recently but hopefully this gets nipped in the bud.

There's plenty of cause for optimism next season but I'd like the gaffer to be a bit more adventurous between now and the end of the season because the current system is clearly not working with the players at his disposal.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Block53. Sounds like I could be lol. Small Ginger iq in Saint Andrews Road car park. If there were three of you in a black Ford, or possibly Corsa, didn't pay attention to car. Yes that was me. To be honest I enjoyed the game too, mistakes and all, and a draw was what I predicted. The stupidity of the goals we give away though, left me wanting more a bit. I'm glad your team talks work, because whatever Robins says to our lot certainly doesn't! And if you think you're gaffer is unadventurous, well I'll do you a swap. What on earth are we playing a lone forward on his own for every game, especially at home, against a team I'll be nice about and say are as good as us. (well ok 1 point better obviously) Same here with optimism, but he needs to ship out a few players, Clark, simply not good enough anymore, Ward too is playing for a contract extension I don't think he deserves, and a few others. Just not consistent enough. Need a new Centre half, better than the choices of Smith, Wallace Gerrard and Clark. (Lynch is good enough, but always injured), someone in midfield who knows how to go forward at pace, not sideways like the current choices. Duane Holmes fits the bill, but will he ever strong enough to put his stamp on the game? He'll always be 5ft 5' but needs to bulk up a bit, maybe not quite as much as Maradonna.lol Also a forward to play in Wells, hold the ball up etc. Can't see Vaughan being it, too similar, too many injuries, and not at all the player he was before Christmas. I agree though about systems, Robins has the plan even if it's too cautious, but a number of our lot aren't good enough to play the passing game he wants. Nice meeting, enjoy the rest of the season, and we'll see you again next year, well hopefully, not convinced by us yet, but we should scrape enough points.

Adomah's 2nd goal last night was something I haven't seen a Boro player do for a while. Pick the ball up abput 25-30 yards from goal and drive at the defence and smash it in the top corner.

When was the last time someone did that for us?

Just having a look at the league table and everyone above us in and around the play off mix up seems to be doing their level best to throw away the opportunity, Forest faltering, Brighton faltering, Reading losing at home to Barnsley etc. Leaves your mind open to any possibility that our season could have taken had we taken more than 1 victory from the last 10.

I wish he'd drop Graham and Dimi. Our defending has really gone backwards over the last few weeks and our "strike force" aren't good enough to compensate.

I've recently moved to Brighton and I've been looking forward to the Brighton match for a while. I'm wondering if it's worth bothering, as the team don't seem too bothered and tickets aren't cheap.

I know this is probably my imagination running wild but can anyone see Adomah playing through the middle in a Yaya Toure-esque role?

His second goal was very good, picking the ball in a central position and running at the centre back, I imagine if Adomah picks up a tendancy to drift into a central position it aligns himself with Karanka's theory of having the 3 behind the centre forward moving around fluidly. I also imagine he will frighten most centre halves in this division with his pace and drive.

Probably reading too much into his goal but its something I'd like to see considered considering we have really got problems in that number 10 role (don't know too much about Tomlin just yet in that position).

But he lacks the intelligence needed to play there. It's all well and good being able to run and shoot but you need to be able to link up play, pick a pass and pretty much read what people are going to do.

A target man?! You play too much Football Manager mate! He would be smashed to death by defenders if playing the lone striker as a target man.

Correct me if I am wrong, but haven't we tried Adomah briefly in the AM position, or was that Carayol, or am I just completly wrong?

Damn. Sounds like I missed quite an interesting game. Also happy my prediction turned out wrong...though it sounds like we mainly have Huddersfield to thank for that.

Don't envy DS doing the Brighton thread, as I can't see us being as "lucky" there.

Zone 14? Is that where old Boro supporters end up when they become to senile to remember where the toilet is?

Regardless of zone 14, 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 etc, if MFC and Gibson had any ambition they would have made a realistic bid for prolific goalscorer McCormack in the summer and we would have secured at least a play off place and perhaps supporters would not being arguing over tactics during a game in progress.

See the post on us making a 14 million loss last yr

Another good (although short and succinct) video on the system.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxF1Xu1yfNY

I think our problem is trying to attack too quickly, although we do have pacey wide players.

I think David Pleat sums it up perfectly of what Karanka is doing wrong at the moment when he says you have to suit your system to the abilities of your players rather than the other way round, but if he's going to stick with this system then lets hope he gets the right players in over the summer that can play this way: (the last video on the subject i promise :P)

[video=youtube]

If only it was as simple as playing on a subbuteo table. Inreality it never quite works that way. Todays tactics are tomorrows chip paper

You can easily get bogged down with formations and tactics , its about finding good players and giving them 2-3 basic instructions and letting them go out and play