oneBoro Forum
Boro Badger

Boro V Huddersfield (A) 2-2

Perfect summation of both the match and our season BB :( For what its worth, I'll do the usual boring stat stuff...mainly to kill some time.

Nice work AnglianRed filling in some of the gaps in Boro Badger Issue #7!

I don't think my opening post has helped, but this has got to be the quietest match day thread ever.

Don't feel too bad...its early days yet. Plus the season is winding down and there is very little to play for. ;)

Come Friday afternon, things should be a bit livelier.

You mean 3 days after the game is finished? :P

Um...yes? :blush: :s

That would be a real sign of just how much interest in Boro has declined. :D

Got a quid on us to win and Butters to score. 10/1.

Every time anyone says that I get this image in my head...

butters2_zpscfd7bc54.png

Guest Dekker

I'll stick my neck out and say nil nil.

I like that - very funny. We still have to be careful of melt down and relegation, however remote. Agree that Luke Williams should be given a chance, if only 20 minutes from the bench. He has to be worth a better shout than Kamara who was woeful on Saturday.

we are due a win , and we are not playing badly in many respects so I'm going to be the optimist and say 3:1 to Boro.

Got a quid on us to win and Butters to score. 10/1.

Every time anyone says that I get this image in my head...

butters2_zpscfd7bc54.png

:D

2-0 boro. Tomlin to score both.

Don't care who starts up top, doesn't really matter anyway.

Would like to see Tomlin start behind the attacker, Chalobah and Buttterfield as the holding midfielders, allowing butters to spread the butter across the toast.

Not even sticking around for the commentary of this such is my interest atm. 0-0 written all over it.

Had a quick peeky-boo at the stats. Huddersfield have basically done a Boro this season without any of the maligned optimism and malevolent aggression that surrounds the darky smog-filled streets of Middlesbrough every season. They've been permanently stuck in mid-table this season like a tacky fridge magnet you bought on holiday for your nan in Corfu.

Going by previous form and other results I would say it will go several ways;

1.) 0-0 and the entire region of West Yorkshire is sucked into a vortex with 13,000 people exhaling really loudly all at once.

2.) We somehow nick a dodgy 1-0 win after Adomah smashes one in from 35 yards and then gets promptly benched for the next six games in favour of Curtis Main.

3.) Bottle-cap scores a hat-trick and we get drubbed 5-1.

4.) Dodgy penalty. Dodgy red-card. And we lose 1-0. (My personal favourite.)

5.) Karanka suddenly snaps and decides to play 4-4-2 and we play out a classic 3-3 thriller.

Does anyone else think we should all turn up dressed as bottle caps?

Coz boro are excellent at keeping liquids in containers? I like your style

Does anyone else think we should all turn up dressed as bottle caps?

Coz boro are excellent at keeping liquids in containers? I like your style

Coz its only the thing that can get score a goal at the Riverside.

Huddersfield team

Smithies; Dixon, Gerrard, Clarke ©, Smith; Clayton; Hammill, Gobern, Norwood, Ward; Wells

Subs

Bennett, Woods, Hogg, Vaughan, Wallace, Holmes, Bunn

Boro team

Dimi;

Varga, Gibson, Omeruo, Friend;

Whitehead, Chalobah;

Ledesma, Adomah, Butterfield;

Graham

Subs

Steele, Tomlin, L Williams, Main, Morris, Jackson, Atkinson

Tonight's team sheet

BjmH_SwIYAAJaSI.jpg

• Latest Posts

• What do you mean by you installed the Win8 iso onto a flash drive? The iso is meant to be burned to a DVD-rom.  It should be an executable file for a flash drive.
    • In no particular order:   Juninho v Arsenal. Jan 2004. League cup semi final, first leg against the Invincibles. That was when I started feeling that this was our year. Maccarone v Basel. April 2006. UEFA Cup Quarters. 90th minute winner to take us through to Steau, where he did it again! Stuani v Brighton. May 2016. Championship. Stadium is bouncing, packed to the rafters, we only need a draw to gain promotion to the Premier League under Karanka. The party started at that moment and even a Brighton leveller couldn't dampen the mood!  
    • Update: I installed the Windows 8 iso on a flash drive and plugged it into the laptop to boot up, but it doesn't appear to be working. Still trying to boot up from the HDD instead and ignoring the USB.   I am still looking for a CD Boot up disc but I'm not even sure if that will work now 
    • God, I couldn't even pick just three.  Lots to choose from over the years, including some of the great choices selected above 👍 Hendrie's two against Luton, bye bye Ayresome but hello Premier League and The Riverside.  Ravanelli at Wembley 96/97, it looked like we were going to do it finally but then we didn't.  Festa, a whole week later, at Old Trafford against Chesterfield, when it looked like we'd avoided an absolute catastrophe only for history to repeat itself.  Rav's last minute penna winner against Villa at the beginning of the week of destiny.  The whole first 5 mins of the Liverpool League Cup semi final in 97/98.  The first few minutes of the second half against Oxford in the same season.  Festa's last minute equaliser at Southampton when we were down to 9 men for a 3-3 draw in the 98/99 season and Brian Deane's goal to put us 3-0 up at Man Utd a few weeks later - I think that was the last game Man Utd lost that season before winning the treble - "We're gonna win the league", well maybe not.  Boksic twice up at St James park against the Geordies a couple of seasons later.  01/02 season against Man Utd in the cup, hardly any bugger there because there was some argument about the ticket pricing and the fact that it was a lunchtime kick off on the telly, two goals in the last 5 mins to win it, hurrah!  We had some good times against Man Utd back then for whatever reason.  Speaking of which, the following season at home against them on Boxing day, all three goals were decent but the Job one at the end to clinch it because of the second or two it took for Maccarone to head the ball across to him was nice.  Same sort of reason but earlier in that season, against the Mackems at home and Nemeths second goal (our third) when he kind of ran through on his own to score in front of the North Stand - I think it was just the sense of anticipation really. 03/04 season in the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff.  The first 6 or 7 mins as a whole but I was partly hysterical throughout the entire game really when I think about it.  It was ours to lose after that start and unfortunately we seemed to experts in finding ways to do just that up until that point.  Same season, scoring twice in injury time maybe to get a 3-3 draw at home against Leicester and another win at Old Trafford, Juninho scoring twice with his head! and Job getting the winner after Man Utd came back to level.  How did Man Utd win so much back then when we used to give them a going over on a regular basis?  Weird, football, isn't it?  04/05 season, not a goal but Schwarzer saving that penalty at Man City in injury time on the last day of the season to get us into Europe again has to be right up there.  The following season has to be the European goals already mentioned above, the games as a whole were mental but scoring late on to win not just once but twice is about as crazy as it gets.  Humping Man Utd (again) and Chelsea was also a lot of fun. After that point things got darker and those amazing moments never seemed to come around, at least not for me anyway.  There were always odd games or whatever but we were in decline and you could feel it.  We had some good games under Mowbray and obviously we were in the hunt a couple of times during seasons but we always fell away.  I think you're probably waiting until the 14/15 season for some more great moments - Leadbitter's freekick at Huddersfield was fantastic, Bamford's goal at Derby and the own goal at Norwich, the play off games against Brentford.  I stopped going away from home by this point though so most of those weren't experienced in the same way, the home play off game of course was though.  Following season, both games against Brighton had goals which got me going and against Derby over Xmas with the two goals in two minutes.  Nugent against Hull and Forshaw against Reading, mental. Probably loads I've missed out as well.  I think I just enjoy us scoring goals in any circumstances 😀
    • In order of age: 1. Ravenelli's in the FA cup quarterfinal that guarnteed we were into our first ever FA cup semi. 2. Zenden's penalty in the league cup final 3. Nugent's goal against Hull