• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Players that look like they have no future here and very likely to be sold this summer:

*Steele, R.Williams, Halliday, Emnes, Kamara and Juke.

They should easily raise £4 million in fees and £60k a week minimum by my very conservative guestimates. Huge funds released from selling non-essential players.

Agree with the players you mention apart from Rhys Williams. Was getting a lot of playing time under Karanka before his injury. I reckon AK will keep him. If he wants to stay that is.

I was at Rotherham last evening and the news about Richie Smallwood's new contract was filtering through.

I was surrounded by Rotherham supporters who were a little disappointed that he'd decided to go back to Boro and fight for his place. They were not gutted nor were they highly delighted to see the back of him. Sounds like he has been good for them rather than ok

With Bryn Morris running England's midfield are we to see Morris and Smallwood take over from Whitehead and Leadbitter in the next season or two.

I don't think I'd be too upset if that were to be the case.

How did Morris and Fewster play last night?.

There's a short description on the junior sectoin of this site but they both played ok. Morris perhaps took the eye rather more than Fewster as he had more of the ball

Ok thanks. Bryn Morris is coming close to the age that the quality youngsters break into the first team so it will be interesting to see what Karanka's plans are for him when the squad returns back for pre-season training.

I'd be very happy to see him start the season in a similar position that Gibson started this season as a 4th(5th if Hines is rated above him) choice CB, so if Morris has Leadbitter, Whitehead and Chalobah(if he returns and Smallwood loaned out again) ahead of Morris then he will surely get his fair share of chances to step in when needed and keep his spot in the team.

With Bryn Morris running England's midfield are we to see Morris and Smallwood take over from Whitehead and Leadbitter in the next season or two.

I don't think I'd be too upset if that were to be the case.

I'd be devestated. We certainly wouldn't be playing Premier League football.

He was internally punished by the club for an "off the field" issue that made the EG a few months back. A lot will depend on how he has reacted from that. The members on here that go to the youth games will be much better placed to knowing.

It was interesting to hear last week from the cousin of one of our current homegrown players that he has since stopped going on nights out(and social smoking) after Karanka has made it clear to everyone that sort of culture is unprofessional and wont be tolerated. Even things like excessive gambling, womanising etc basically anything that will distract from being a focused footballer.