oneBoro Forum

The squad for next season

Seen quite a lot of Bristol City this season and their striker Sam Baldock could be the type of gem we're looking for. 25 goals in a side that spent a long time in the relegation zone until a manager change happened and really think him and Tomlin would work well together. As they are both hard working and mobile.

Yes I know it's a risk but what signing wouldn't be?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen quite a lot of Bristol City this season and their striker Sam Baldock could be the type of gem we're looking for. 25 goals in a side that spent a long time in the relegation zone until a manager change happened and really think him and Tomlin would work well together. As they are both hard working and mobile.

Would be good, when was the last time we had a pacey striker?!

Would be good, when was the last time we had a pacey striker?!

Aliadiere? Lita? :D

Not a bad shout. I thought he looked okay in this division when he was playing for West Ham.

Started well got injured and then they signed Vaz Te and he lost his place.

Tuncay would rip this league to pieces, he always said he wanted to come back.....

Tuncay 5 years ago >>>>>> Tuncay now

Things have gone downhill for Tuncay ever since he left us as he has scored just 6 goals in the 5 years. A lot of his game was about energy so he will most likely have lost that with his age as he is 32 now so I doubt he is the same caliber of player that he was.

Yes Sam Baldock would be a good shout for a pacey forward but I think number one target should be more of a physical presence to hold the ball up. Basically "the next" Ricky Lambert, Charlie Austin etc who can bully defenders but also put the ball in the net.

That's what I hoped Jutkiewicz would have developed into but things haven't gone for him since he has joined us but hopefully the loan at Bolton has rejuvenated his confidence and he starts to add goals and technicality to his great hold up play. We have massively lacked his hold up play since he has left as it's frustrating constantly hitting long hopeful balls up towards Graham which isn't his game.

Not a bad shout. I thought he looked okay in this division when he was playing for West Ham.

Started well got injured and then they signed Vaz Te and he lost his place.

Tuncay would rip this league to pieces, he always said he wanted to come back.....

Tuncay 5 years ago >>>>>> Tuncay now

I appreciate that, i tend to have rose tinted glasses when it surrounds the guy

Tuncay was over rated. Capable of some good stuff on his day and a highlight reel goal or two, but those days were few and far between. He was such an unintelligent footballer. A very frustrating player. There's no way i'd want him back here.

I would like to see Juke given another chance but I expect us to sell him as he only has 1 year left to run and his value will plummet from this summer to January where he will only have 6 months left to run.

Same with Steele, Emnes and others who only have 1 year left to run with us not interested in extending their deals. Friend, Leadbitter and Carayol will hopefully sign contract extensions soon as otherwise we might be in a difficult position if a player gets their head turned by a PL club coming in for them.

With Bryn Morris running England's midfield are we to see Morris and Smallwood take over from Whitehead and Leadbitter in the next season or two.

I don't think I'd be too upset if that were to be the case.

I'd be devestated. We certainly wouldn't be playing Premier League football.

I found your response interesting. I tend to assume that you think Morris is too young and Smallwood not good enough. I'm not sure I agree.

All I would say is given another 2 years Morris ought to be in a completely different place. A***st his peer groups at the club he has been the "go-to" man when you are struggling to keep the ball. It was very apparent at the England u18 game that he has the same role with that team.

Hence he should be he man for the ist team in that role in a year or two as he's now on the fringe of the u21 England squad. As a sub 18yo that is no mean achievement.

Smallwood is almost a Laphroaig moment - you love him or hate him ! I saw him a year or three ago take apart the Man U midfield and control the reserve team game. He passes over 70 yards much better than most and he has his head up looking for the pass much sooner than others. The right coach will bring that out

Hence I would not be quite so dismissive of their collective ability