oneBoro Forum

The squad for next season

One of the issues with Adomahs crossing is the amount of bodies we get in the box. More often than not there will only Graham to aim for which is to easily dealt with by opposition defence. I would hope Tomlin gets in the area more and we definitely need our LM to attack the far post when AA starts on one of his runs

Started to type my opinion but then I read this

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to be a very controversial view im sure but I think Adomah is massivly over rated by some of our fans, he is a good player for this league but will never make it to the prem, his end product is woeful at times and makes the wrong decision too many times, we would do well to get over 3 million for him I think. Would still like us to keep hold of him though

Agree with that, I think AK will actually be privately quite pleased if we manage to get good money for Adomah this summer.

Aitor Karanka wants to assess whether or not Christian Burgess is ready for the Boro first team in the summer

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-boss-aitor-karanka-casts-6981183

TIL that Burgess is still studying history part time at Teesside Uni.

Good to know he didn't just give up on his education when he signed for Boro.

Consistency is the main thing for him. In the prem he wont get the opportunity to put crosses in the whole game, the few chances he gets he needs to take advantage of, he wastes crossing/shooting chances far too often for me.

looking at highlights he does look a good player, but when you watch him play a full 90 minutes he is very wasteful, watch him closely tomorrow when the game is broadcast, I guarantee that 2/3 of his crosses will be wasted

I have a season ticket chief, so don't need to rely on games being broadcast. Rarely watch the highlights. 2 or 3 wasted crosses.. Is that bad? Beckham probably wasted a couple a game! Carayol, hoyte etc... Would be lucky to get 1 or 2 decent crosses in per game.

I think James was referring to two thirds of his crosses are wasted. He's been nowhere near as good as he was in september/October for a long time now and for me his last cracking game was against Reading. Sure he's scored a lot of goals but not consistently.

Consistency is the main thing for him. In the prem he wont get the opportunity to put crosses in the whole game, the few chances he gets he needs to take advantage of, he wastes crossing/shooting chances far too often for me.

looking at highlights he does look a good player, but when you watch him play a full 90 minutes he is very wasteful, watch him closely tomorrow when the game is broadcast, I guarantee that 2/3 of his crosses will be wasted

I have a season ticket chief, so don't need to rely on games being broadcast. Rarely watch the highlights. 2 or 3 wasted crosses.. Is that bad? Beckham probably wasted a couple a game! Carayol, hoyte etc... Would be lucky to get 1 or 2 decent crosses in per game.

Wasnt refering to anyone in particular. just that when he does something good we all see it but the stuff he does wrong isnt mentioned much at all. Just think he is getting more credit than he deserves, good player but overrated imo

Butterfield is looking like he is carrying less weight and a bit more mobile lately which is good to see.

Tomlin was brilliant today on the counter attack and shown the sort of quality we paid good money for. His goal v Birmingham seems to have gave his confidence a massive boost.

Wasnt refering to anyone in particular. just that when he does something good we all see it but the stuff he does wrong isnt mentioned much at all. Just think he is getting more credit than he deserves, good player but overrated imo

Fair enough mate, entitled to your opinion.

Tomlin made that goal out of nothing. Picked the ball up and ran, pretty much muscled his way into the box. Great bit of play. Exact sort of player we need really. Someone who can get a goal from nothing, be it scoring ir creating.

2 in 2 games he's been involved in and both from nothing.

Tomlin made that goal out of nothing. Picked the ball up and ran, pretty much muscled his way into the box. Great bit of play. Exact sort of player we need really. Someone who can get a goal from nothing, be it scoring ir creating.

2 in 2 games he's been involved in and both from nothing.

He's going to be a big player for us next season! He'll be much more effective than Emnes that's for sure.

With the momentum and togetherness we are finishing the season with it could help convince players on loan like Omeruo and Chalobah to re-join us on loan next season ahead of other teams, Omeruo in particular who could have many clubs wanting to sign him if he impresses at the World Cup. If they go back to Chelsea in pre-season praising how good things were here then their other players likely to go back out on loan in future (Piazon, T.Hazard etc) will be far more open to joining us too.

It warms my heart when I see Tomlin praise.

Lee Tomlins number 1 fan!

I think he fools people because he's really quick for his perceived size. And when he nudged the ball over for Butters to run on to, how he held off the defender was quality.