oneBoro Forum
Downsouth

Boro V Brighton and Hove Albion (A) 2-0

It will be interesting to see who Karanka plays in the #10 role as Butterfield has done pretty well lately, Tomlin should be recovered from his illness that has kept him out lately and L.Williams impressed in his short cameo on Tuesday.

If Adomah hadn't just scored 2 goals I'd say all three and keep them rotating! In fact I'd still be tempted to do that.

It would be interesting to see how them 3 would do as they are all pretty technical. I'd rather any of them play instead of Ledesma.

Adomah is the one pace player we have at the moment so its vital he plays

Got a feeling we're going to get beat here... brighton have a lot more to play for than us. 2-1 brighton. :(

I'd play this team today:

Steele

Varga Gibson Omeruo Friend

Butterfield Challobah

Adomah Williams Tomlin

Kamara

He'll probably play:

Dimi

Varga Gibson Omeruo Friend

Challobah Whitehead

Adomah Butterfield Ledesma

Graham

Zzzzzz

No Leadbitter?

Coming around to my way of thinking? ;)

All about experimenting now. We know what Leadbitter is capable of, so may as well give the other lads a chance to prove themselves.

Why would he drop Dimi, it would go against everything that he has said and done since he came in about keeping your place as long as you're playing well. I know that you desperately want Steele to be back in goal but if the roles were reversed and Steele had made the little mistakes that Dimi has, would you be calling for Dimi to be brought into the team instead of Steele? I'm fairly confident you wouldn't.

• Latest Posts

• The appeal doesn't go to the EFL, it goes to an independent board.
    • You couldn't really legislate for Hugill scoring a worldy. That said even though we were crap and sloppy, but we should've got a point out of it.
    • The last section is the exact reason Wigan won't win their appeal. The EFL simply refuse to acknowledge that their set of tests is not fit for purpose. They even then mention another case where that was evident (Bury).
    • The owners haven't massively overspent and run the club into the ground. From what I have seen Wigan is/are a fairly well run club in terms of finances (in a football sense anyway). But the owners have literally used the club for some very murky reason. They sold the club to a new owner (a fund) that the old owner was the majority shareholder in. Then immediately installed a new majority shareholder to the fund that now own Wigan. That shareholder bizarrely has no online footprint at all, other than everything related to him owning Wigan. This man then on the exact same day he has acquired the club has placed it in administration. It is that reason that Wigan are appealing the decision. All of the above of course was signed off by the EFL themselves. Which opens a whole new can of worms.
    • https://www.efl.com/news/2020/july/efl-update-wigan-athletic/   Here is the latest statement by the EFL on the Wigan situation. I agree with a lot of what they say up until they start trying to defend their fit and proper test.