• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

I could understand him leaving in the summer, definitely not good enough for the resurgent Boro. Can't see us recouping the 900k we spent.

I'm surprised he's been allowed to disappear already even if he's not in the future plans. Karanka seems like the kind of manager who would make him stay at the club and stay fit just incase we needed him.

He's a genuinely nice person but the reality is he just isn't good enough. He was a panic buy, had a few good games at the start but he hasn't been able to stake a claim in the team after his injury. Think he'll be off in the summer.

I still think he'd be good enough to play up top.

That's where he excelled at the beginning and I think he could play well again there.

Danny Graham coming in scuppered his chance to stake a first team claim.

I, personally, think he has the talent to succeed.

Kamara had a good start. Then after a little injury he found his opportunities limited, was occasionally played out of position and didn't fare as well. That doesn't make him a bad player in my opinion. Up top he's still a threat. And if we need to change our system mid game to field two up top, he's a good option. I'd happily keep him here as a bench option and back-up to a new first choice CF.

I think the writing's on the wall for him, AK doesn't seem to favour him and it appears he's dropped out of the frame altogether.

I think he's ok at this level, nothing more, but he does seem to be a genuinely top man so hopefully whatever happens this summer he ends up happy with it.

Personally, I think he will move back to Kansas.

I think we need Kei, even if he isn't first choice. He is somebody that galvanises the dressing room and sometimes that is invaluable.

Also, you need more than one striker, he hasn't been given a chance since his injury to play centrally because of Graham. I think we need to keep him, he is a good option and will almost certainly be a different type of striker to what AK has in mind for his 1st choice.

Let's not lose faith in him just yet.

I'd be happy for him to be given a chance up top especially since Graham is only a loan player so playing him now doesn't really benefit us at all in the long term. As you've all said though, AK doesn't want to play him so there's not much that can be done.

Unsurprisingly he came off as a friendly guy in the video. I like seeing inside football clubs so that was an interesting video actually.

For us to pay £900k he must be on comparatively low wages as he has came from the American league where wages are much less than here. I'm sure there will be other Championship clubs wanting to sign him in the summer as when he played in the lone striker role under Mowbray he done well. Karanka clearly doesn't rate him so it will be best for us and him for him to leave in the summer.