oneBoro Forum

Boro V Derby County 1-0

Saturday 5th April 2014 kick off 3pm(1500hrs) Riverside Stadium.

Well somewhat of a surprise to be doing a consequetive match day thread but I did say in topics to discuss whether my luck would continue at the Brighton game and also very pleased that the Brighton thread did not turn out to be the least posted thread of the season so far:)

Well we all know that we welcome (if that can be said) the return of our ex Manager Steve McClaren and his high flying Derby County to our place on Saturday for what could be seen from a neutral perspective as a possible game that has all the hall marks of being a good game of football.

Ssssshteeve has already declared that his team do not fear the lofty heights of the play off positions and actually one that they can deal with in their stride.

Fair play to the guy he has done well at Derby and they are a decent side that seems to have got the right wins at the right time and not spoilt their chances with too many draws (does that ring a bell anywhere?)

However I do not hold Derby with too high an esteem and to be honest I think it is about time we gave them a pasting after what they have done to us recently and if it spoils their play off hopes then that's fine by me.

What have we got to play for this season.?.....well pride and being a spolisport to others with higher hopes than we do is a good start in my books, a chance to show the dwindling Boro faithful that perhaps we will have something to look forward to next season.

As of now there is not going to be a lot of chopping and changing of players as we are pretty much down to the bones due to injuries etc etc so will we play the same team (if available) that performed very well against Brighton?

Topics for discussion

What kind of reception will Steve McClaren get from the Boro fans? (He deserves as much respect as possible IMO)

Who would you start with and should we get at Derby straight away?

Will I get to do 3 games on the spin?

Will this be the LEAST POSTED M/D THREAD OF THE SEASON......so far?

Posted early so hopefully it will not be the above:D

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

so do i he is, afterall, our most successful manager of all time. many a good memory i have with him at the helm :P

should be 3 on the bounce for you DS but boro are extremely unpredictable at present. i'll go 2-0 to the boro

Excited for this one, my lads are on the pitch at half time doing the penalties.

As for Schteeve, he always gets a good reception at the riverside, see last year with Forest as an example.

I'd stick with the same team that started against Brighton, they deserve it.

Surprised me to see we've actually gained more points in our last 6 games than derby have!

Hope mclaren gets a great reception, he brought the most exciting times in our clubs history to our little town.

I do like derby and would love to see them promoted over the likes of QPR, Nottingham etc. So after we beat them, i'd like them to win their remaining games :p

Excited for this one. The result at Brighton makes me think there's no reason we can't get a result against the rams. They're not on their best run of form at the minute, so hopefully at home we'll be able to grab all 3 points. They're a fantastic attacking side so I really cannot see a 0-0'er here. Their team is fantastically well balanced. Martin and Bamford up front is as good as any strike partnership you'll find in this league. They've got Will Hughes back from injury and play very nice, but simple, free-flowing attacking football. It won't be an easy task for Gibson, Friend and co I can tell you that much!

I'd like to see an unchanged side, or if there were a change, perhaps Butterfield in for Williams with Tomlin wide left. Williams played very well against Brighton and I was impressed by his contribution, but I just think we need a bit of a grittier player who'll chase down their midfield men tirelessly and try to harry them into some mistakes. Tomlin is certainly more that player than Williams, and Butterfield also helps us push teams back when he's played in an advanced midfield role. Heck even Butterfield for Whitehead might be worth a bash! That'd certainly lead to an exciting game!!

I would like to see Kamara given a bash as a striker, but after Graham's last performance I certainly wouldn't be dropping him. We need to get at them early and try to get them on the back foot rather than vice-versa. Stopping their midfield is certainly key to stopping them and hopefully with them playing 2 strikers, our central midfield trio should be able to control proceedings in the middle of the park.

Keeping my fingers crossed for another 2-0 win with Adomah to continue this goalscoring streak and Tomlin to crack in his first. I'd take a scruffy 1-0 or a highly exciting 2-2! Just want something to cheer and a good game of football.

Has omeruo gone back to chelsea?

http://instagram.com/p/mQA03GMvkN/

Someone in the comments says he's been recalled for two weeks? :S What :S

Time to get investigating!

Hope he hasn't, maybe something to do with the injury at the weekend?

If he has its going to leave us very thinly stretched:

Graham

Williams tomlin Adomah

Butterfield leadbitter

Friend gibson chalobah varga

Dimi.

OR

Graham

Williams butterfield adomah

Leadbitter morris

Friend gibson chalobah varga

Dimi

Maybe even varga in the double pivot with leadbitter and parnaby right back (is he injured, still off work or just out of favour?)

Hoping for an entertaining game of football which it should be.

2-1 boro win with chalobah and graham to score

He may not have been recalled, possibly just receiving treatment for that injury he picked up... And who wouldn't pick Chelsea's physio :P

Mclaren should and hopefully will get as good a reception that mogga got when he came back to boro as manager or west brom.

Team I'd like to see

Konstontopolopolopolus

Varga-Omerou-Gibson-Friend

Leadbitter-Chalobah

Adomah-Tomlin-Williams

Graham

Not a huge fan of Williams but we don't have many other options

If Omerou isn't avalible then, well, god help us. With 4 good cb and 3 of them injured or in doubt that is worrying.

Prediction 2-1 derby or 2-0 boro or 5-1 to boro with a seconf half double from a boro Argentine (sound familiar)