• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my good luck continues so far out of my 6 match day threads have had 5 wins and one draw but sad about the number of posts.

Hopefully we can upset Burnleys hopes for automatic promotion for at least a week

Lets hope your luck continues on Tuesday for the match at home to Birmingham

Thanks for that NB though I am sure I would have realised that we were playing them by tomorrow:D

I am sure that we will see another new low for that:shy:

Not defending what Tomlin did but I guess he's annoyed at coming here expecting game time and then only ever getting 60 minutes or 30 at the end.

And just before anyone tries to claim I am trying to defend what he did. I'M NOT. It's bad form and should not happen, you need to respect the managers decisions even when you don't agree with them. Hopefully we can work with him over the summer and try and get rid of some of that petulance.

What did he do like?

I actually enjoyed that. Atmosphere was decent and we improved hugely in the second half as our Midfield movement in behind them was 100% better than the 1st half.

Derby seemed to revert to more long balls 2nd half and we played some decent stuff at times. Effort was 100% from nearly everyone... Tomlin clearly thought half pace would get him through the game and looked thoroughly awful. The one time he used some good skill to get 1 on 1 he scuffed a poor attempt straight at the keeper.

Leadbitter played some quality cross field balls with only 1 falling Short. Omureu and Gibson were quality with the latter playing an important part in the goal with his quality cross field ball. Williams looked comfortable on the ball and Graham worked hard up top.

Not too many complaints except maybe for a few more clear scoring chances!

Edit: Dimi's distribution is awful!

A poor spectacle with very little clear cut chances but full of grit and work rate. We had the better of the clear cut chances. Derby look solid yet unspectacular and caused us very little problems other than Bryson's forward runs causing us many problems in the first half and their free-kick where they had two players at the back post. Player ratings:

Dimi: 7- Solid performance. His kicking is a worry.

Varga: 6.5- Got torn to piece in the first half. Poor on the ball in the first half but done much better in the second half.

Omeruo: 8- A bit difficult to give him a rating as he done some brilliant pieces of defending but also made a few big mistakes that could has resulted in us conceding as in the first half he got caught out twice stepping forward and leaving a massive gap for Derby to play through us. Lucky to have gotten away with it. If it was PL his mistakes would have been punished.

Gibson: 8.5- A far more solid game with not as many pieces of brilliance as Omeruo did.

Friend: 7- Did well defensively other than being caught too far forward once late on. His passing/link up play was very poor today.

Leadbitter: 9- Solid calming influence in midfield getting onto the ball and keeping it exceptionally well under pressure spinning off their players closing him down. His range of passing was great also. Top quality holding midfield performance. Eat your heart out Lahm.

Chalobah: 8.5- Done well and the DM/CM partnership had a very good balance. Great composure with his finish. Won some very important defensive headers.

Adomah: 7- Done decent on the RW but when he switched to the LW his link up play was poor. Very poor in the air and was telling players to leave headers only for him to misjudge them and miss them.

Tomlin: 6.5- Worked very hard sitting on Thorne and preventing him getting onto the ball working for the team(as Derby planned to take advantage of his apparent lack of work rate) so I can sympathise with him being frustrated/wound up when he was subbed off, he still should be far more professional though. He shown a few glimpses of quality making his way through their defence only to have a weak left footed shot and put a few good balls through for Adomah. Linked up play decent in the first half but not as influential in the second half.

L.Williams: 7- Pretty good performance. Passed well and a few good driving runs which Derby struggled with.

Graham: 6- Had no service(copy and paste from QPR game basically). He needs chances made for him and better service than he got to be fully effective. Won next to no headers but worked very hard closing down.

Ledesma: 7- One very good moment of magic spotting Chalobah's run but also had a few silly moments going for too ambitious options.

Butterfield: N/A

Main: N/A

@JacquiOatley: Steve McClaren after defeat at #Boro: "It was one of them slow days. The feeling was slow, the grass was long there was no bite to the game"

McClaren has blamed the defeat on the grass. Blimey.

I think the tomlin bottle throw was more of frustration with himself for having a poor game, as opposed to being subbed off. I thought williams was very poor also, far to much backward passing and he had 2 chances to play people in and fluffed them both, he was good at brighton but i think hes fearful at home, hes never performed at the riverside

Really enjoyed my day out, took 11 lads from the team i coach to the game, free travel and tickets and they all loved it.

Lads were doing the pennas at half time (although we did lose) and got to go on the pitch with them.

As for the performance, first half solid defensively, second half less so but we did look more of an attacking threat than i've seen us in a while, lots of movement in the front 4 which is good to see, the formation is starting to click.

Bring on next season!!!!

A good win. That's two wins on the bounce against promotion chasing teams. Hopefully we can keep the momentum going and finish the season strongly. That will have a say on our pulling power regarding transfer targets. Think it will be easier to attract the likes of omeruo and chalobah if they feel we have potential for a top-6 finish and they have some unfinished business.

Varga isn't good enough for us to sign permanently next season. There was one point today in the first half where their winger literally walked straight through Varga without even doing anything as if he wasn't there. Derby's team targeted him far more than our other full back(Friend) so they must have realised he was our weakest link.

A poor spectacle with very little clear cut chances but full of grit and work rate. We had the better of the clear cut chances. Derby look solid yet unspectacular and caused us very little problems other than Bryson's forward runs causing us many problems in the first half and their free-kick where they had two players at the back post. Player ratings:

Dimi: 7- Solid performance. His kicking is a worry.

Varga: 6.5- Got torn to piece in the first half. Poor on the ball in the first half but done much better in the second half.

Omeruo: 8- A bit difficult to give him a rating as he done some brilliant pieces of defending but also made a few big mistakes that could has resulted in us conceding as in the first half he got caught out twice stepping forward and leaving a massive gap for Derby to play through us. Lucky to have gotten away with it. If it was PL his mistakes would have been punished.

Gibson: 8.5- A far more solid game with not as many pieces of brilliance as Omeruo did.

Friend: 7- Did well defensively other than being caught too far forward once late on. His passing/link up play was very poor today.

Leadbitter: 9- Solid calming influence in midfield getting onto the ball and keeping it exceptionally well under pressure spinning off their players closing him down. His range of passing was great also. Top quality holding midfield performance. Eat your heart out Lahm.

Chalobah: 8.5- Done well and the DM/CM partnership had a very good balance. Great composure with his finish. Won some very important defensive headers.

Adomah: 7- Done decent on the RW but when he switched to the LW his link up play was poor. Very poor in the air and was telling players to leave headers only for him to misjudge them and miss them.

Tomlin: 6.5- Worked very hard sitting on Thorne and preventing him getting onto the ball working for the team(as Derby planned to take advantage of his apparent lack of work rate) so I can sympathise with him being frustrated/wound up when he was subbed off, he still should be far more professional though. He shown a few glimpses of quality making his way through their defence only to have a weak left footed shot and put a few good balls through for Adomah. Linked up play decent in the first half but not as influential in the second half.

L.Williams: 7- Pretty good performance. Passed well and a few good driving runs which Derby struggled with.

Graham: 6- Had no service(copy and paste from QPR game basically). He needs chances made for him and better service than he got to be fully effective. Won next to no headers but worked very hard closing down.

Ledesma: 7- One very good moment of magic spotting Chalobah's run but also had a few silly moments going for too ambitious options.

Butterfield: N/A

Main: N/A

Pretty much my view of the game, however I'd knock omeruo down .5 as sometimes he needs to calm down a bit on the ball, couple of times he had time to think about the pass and he just rifled it.

I'd like to point out that varga actually played quite well, good interchanges with Midfield, would like him to offer more going forward but made some brilliant interceptions and last ditch tackles. As much as I love the guy, friend was out of position at least 3 times that I noticed, varga simply wasn't so be definetly deserves a pat on the back

Really poor match, the first 70mins it was a real struggle to get enthusiastic.

A cracking result though and I think Aitor got it right tactically so that's a positive for next season.

Varga isn't good enough for us to sign permanently next season. There was one point today in the first half where their winger literally walked straight through Varga without even doing anything as if he wasn't there. Derby's team targeted him far more than our other full back(Friend) so they must have realised he was our weakest link.

Vargas done a good job but he's not a right back and teams have been targeting him in the last few games. If we have the money to buy varga in the Summer I'd prefer us to us it to bring in a natural right back instead.