oneBoro Forum

Boro V Birmingham City 3-1

Tuesday 8th April 2014. Kick off 7.45pm (1945hrs)

Riverside Stadium.

Ok 3rd match day thread on the bounce allows me to open the Birmingham game but does anyone care??:D

Do we have the opportunity to redeem ourselves in front of the faithful after throwing away a 2 goal lead at St Andrews and only managing a draw (one of those if only games)

Birmingham are in that danger area where they really can only rely on their own performances to guarentee Championship football next season and after a good away win at Doncaster yesterday will they come to Boro hoping that they can at least get a point from the game?

Boro on the other hand, following two good results against higher placed opposition, whilst only pride and as high a placed position as possible to aim for will be no easy game for Birmingham and history is on our side in terms of results at our place.

So talking points for this thread

Will we go for Birmingham and give a better account of ourselves (in other words will it be a similar game to Derby)

Will I get to do the Burnley thread making it 3 out of 3

Does anyone care about the game?

Will this thread have less posts than the Derby game making it THE LEAST POSTED MATCH DAY THREAD..........so far!:D

Over to you guys...............please!!!

By the way I have started to put the full time scores on previous match day threads in case anyone is interested

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to get to my first league game of the season yesterday for the win against Derby, and a Boro supporting mate is up on Tuesday so I'm going to make it 2 in a row! Hopefully Boro can make it 3 in a row and finish the season on a high note to give the fans some optimism over the summer.

Birmingham have won 9, draw 2 and lost 9 of their away league games so it could be a tough game, much harder than many will anticipate considering their league position.

Birmingham have been awful every time iv seen us play them yet they always seem to get a result out of us

EverythingMFC ‏@EverythingMFC 4m

Konstantopoulos and Ledesma picked up injuries during yesterday's game & will be assessed for Tuesday. #Boro

Could we see Steele back in goal?, if ledesma is fit I would start him over Tomlin, sounds like he changed the game on saturday

Birmingham have been awful every time iv seen us play them yet they always seem to get a result out of us

EverythingMFC ‏@EverythingMFC 4m

Konstantopoulos and Ledesma picked up injuries during yesterday's game & will be assessed for Tuesday. #Boro

Could we see Steele back in goal?, if ledesma is fit I would start him over Tomlin, sounds like he changed the game on saturday

I think we'll see Mejias if Dimi doesn't play. Really don't see a future at Boro for Steele anymore

The injury to Dimi could turn out to be a positive in the long run if Steele comes in and puts in a solid performance and forces his way back into the side.

If Ledesma isn't available maybe we could see one of the youngsters like Jordan Jones on the bench or possibly even Reach recalled?.

The injury to Dimi could turn out to be a positive in the long run if Steele comes in and puts in a solid performance and forces his way back into the side.

If Ledesma isn't available maybe we could see one of the youngsters like Jordan Jones on the bench or possibly even Reach recalled?.

Just hope it doesnt mean dimi missing out on a new contract though, Im sure AK will want to keep him as a number 2 even if we sign the Real Madrid keeper though

Would like to see reach given a run in our first team too, got a mate who supports bradford who said he has been one of their best players in the last few months, hopefully he will fulfil his potential with boro

Birmingham's away record is redonklous this season. Something like 9 wins away from home. Could do either way imo. 1-0 Boro or 1-0 Brum...

Defensively they are quite poor so I think if we keep hold of the ball and push-on we could probably nab a few. Depends on how confident Karanka is and whether or not Danny Graham has his shooting boots on.

I was at the game at Birmingham this season and didn't see anything from them apart from lumping the ball up front or go for set pieces for their tall CB's or Zigic to get in the end of. So I'm quietly confident our much improved defence will be able to negate them the question is..... Will we score?

I'll say yes and go with a 2-0 win for the Boro Luke Williams to score a screamer

I'm looking forward to L.Williams getting another chance on Tuesday. Hopefully he can kick on and follow Ben Gibson's example of performing consistently well enough to keep in the team. He seems to have eventually found some much needed focus as he had been drifting for years and probably needed some pressure to go out on loan to Hartlepool as he turned it down at first but eventually accepted it, a decision that has really benefited him.

Think we'll win this one. A professional but fairly low key 1-0, Adomah. Also hope that L.Williams gets another opportunity and it would be nice to see Steele get a look in, even though I think his future lies elsewhere. Wouldn't look to make any wholesale changes, yet.