oneBoro Forum

Boro V Birmingham City 3-1

I Think we'll manage a one nil win, the players will be up for proving to AK that they are worth keeping and can manage 3 wins in a row. I'd like to see.

--------------Steele----------------

Varga-------Omeruo------Gibson----Friend

------Chalobah----Butterfield-----Leadbitter

Adomah-----------Graham -------------Williams

I think we are a better and pacier team without Tomlin, he tends to waste passes and slow things down. Butterfield deserves 90 minutes, I like the energy that he adds and the fact that he presses defenders and causes them to make mistakes. If Dimi is injured, Steele should get a few games to prove he's still got it, he'll be fired up and desperate to prove himself, and if Mejias is off at the end of the season then it would make sense.

For a lot of our players, this is definitely the most important game of the season, it's a chance for them to prove their consistency and secure a place in the squad for next term. It's a very important game for the management, do we need a total clear out? Or have we got 8 or 9 players worth persevering with.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

2-0 Boro to increase our winning streak to 3 games. If we had another 10-12 games we would have made top 6 I reckon with some of the teams in the top 6 showing weaknesses. I'll be happy with a top 12 finish now.

Think there will be goals in this one. Like many have alluded to Birmingham's away form is decent and they are fresh off the bank of a good victory at Doncaster where they came from behind to win.

Think we should have enough to dispose of them though. 2-1 Boro. Leadbitter and Graham. Macheda for them.

The injury to Dimi could turn out to be a positive in the long run if Steele comes in and puts in a solid performance and forces his way back into the side.

If Ledesma isn't available maybe we could see one of the youngsters like Jordan Jones on the bench or possibly even Reach recalled?.

Just hope it doesnt mean dimi missing out on a new contract though, Im sure AK will want to keep him as a number 2 even if we sign the Real Madrid keeper though

Would like to see reach given a run in our first team too, got a mate who supports bradford who said he has been one of their best players in the last few months, hopefully he will fulfil his potential with boro

Reach is definitely a better option than having Kamara or L.Williams on the left wing or even worse forcing Adomah to move over there so Ledesma can fit in on the right. We won't be seeing it this season though.

I'd be happy to see Steele back in, not a fan of Dimi's distribution and Steele is a much younger player who could still prove himself. Logic would suggest give Steele a chance, but I'm doubting that he'll get one.

I'm happy to let reach finish the season at Bradford and get full game time instead of coming here and only be a bit part player. Let Williams finish the season on the wing to see if he warrants a new contract. If he doesn't do the business now after also being out on loan I don't think he ever will.

We have to win this in order to keep the momentum going and finish the season on a high.

I'd like to see Luke Williams start at number 10. He's wasted out wide. Looked really keen on Saturday and always had his head on a swivel. Reminded me of when he hit form under Strachan.

I'd like to see Luke Williams start at number 10. He's wasted out wide. Looked really keen on Saturday and always had his head on a swivel. Reminded me of when he hit form under Strachan.

As usual, Humpty, I totally agree with you :)

Williams looked very lively against Brighton too, he carried the ball well and ran at their defense.

On Saturday he done well LW but it looked like his intelligence and driving runs with the ball would have more effect in the #10 role like you said. Friend struggled with his passing and control which usually he is good with so maybe he didn't feel comfortable with not having someone like Carayol ahead of him. Hopefully him and L.Williams have a better understanding on Tuesday.

Higgy confirming AK was "a little bit under the weather" today but he will be fine for tomorrow night.

Daniel Ayala and Jonathan Woodgate both trained this morning so they should be in contention for the trip to Burnley providing they suffer no reactions in training

Looking forward to this one actually. No reason we can't finish the season strongly with an excellent run. Birmingham are a pretty poor side and if we can beat the likes of Derby and Brighton then there shouldn't really be any difficulties tomorrow night, but it is Boro after all...