• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Leadbitter will be the most capable of our defenders and central midfielders at filling in at LB. With Burnley having a bumper crowd on the cusp of a promption party I think we would be naive to throw an inexperienced young LB (if we even have one) into that environment.

Its going to be annoying to watch a team probably get promoted this weekend that have spent a fraction of the money we have, really pleased for them though. Just shows you dont need to spend a fortune to get out of this league. Looks like they have a really good transfer system in place and are a well run club.

Fancied us for a point but with 3 key defenders out im not expecting to get anything. Would be fantastic if we could go unbeaten until the end of the season even if we draw a few games, will make a huge difference going into the summer and next season. Would like to see this team;

----------Dimi------------

Varga--Woody--Ayala--Chalobah

----Leadbitter--Whitehead----

Adomah--Butterfield---Williams

------------Graham-------------

Also dont know if it has been mentioned yet but Gary Parkinson is a guest of honour at the game on saturday

Is Ayala fit? Or Woody for that matter?

Chalobah left back?

Harsh on Tomlin?

Woody played on tuesday and came through it unscathed, Ayala is back in training apparently so hopefully they should both play

Probably going to have to play a CM at LB and Chalobah looks to be the most versatile

Sounded like Butterfield played well on tuesday as well, against a better team I think we need a player that will work harder for the team when we dont have the ball, Tomlin is quite a lazy player imo

Do any of these youngsters that have been on the bench play LB?

What position does Adam Atkinson play? And is Morris available?.

I think we will play Chalobah LB with Woodgate and Ayala CB. Varga RB obviously.

Or maybe even Leadbitter LB?. He should be able to do a decent job there.

Adam Jackson plays CB also David Atkinson can play CB/CM

So we could see no strikers against no defenders

No. We'll be playing the same formation we have played all season (4-4-2/4-4-1-1) now that Ings is back, with Ashley Barnes effectively playing the role Vokes has been so good at.

Ings played the majority of Tuesday's game against Barnsley but after a month or so out looked a little tired when he came off, but I would expect him to be close to full fitness again.

Trippier was classed as fit but didn't feature midweek with Dyche wanting to offer his hamstring a little bit more time, despite reports suggesting Trippier was dying to play.

Obviously we're missing Big Sam, but contrary to a few posts on here, we do indeed have fit strikers :)

See you Saturday

Leadbitter will be the most capable of our defenders and central midfielders at filling in at LB. With Burnley having a bumper crowd on the cusp of a promption party I think we would be naive to throw an inexperienced young LB (if we even have one) into that environment.

It's the only way they'll learn though, it gives Karanka the opportunity to see if they are good enough.

Lewis Sirrel could play at LB, hes a friend of mine and he spent loan time with gateshead this year so he's, had more experience playing first team football than a few others, never know

So we could see no strikers against no defenders

No. We'll be playing the same formation we have played all season (4-4-2/4-4-1-1) now that Ings is back, with Ashley Barnes effectively playing the role Vokes has been so good at.

Ings played the majority of Tuesday's game against Barnsley but after a month or so out looked a little tired when he came off, but I would expect him to be close to full fitness again.

Trippier was classed as fit but didn't feature midweek with Dyche wanting to offer his hamstring a little bit more time, despite reports suggesting Trippier was dying to play.

Obviously we're missing Big Sam, but contrary to a few posts on here, we do indeed have fit strikers :)

See you Saturday

Welcome to our forum Andy always good to get input from the opposition.

You must be thrilled with the wy things have gone and when you do get promoted will you be able to hold on a bit longer in the PL than last time around?:)

Welcome to our forum Andy always good to get input from the opposition.

You must be thrilled with the wy things have gone and when you do get promoted will you be able to hold on a bit longer in the PL than last time around?:)

Happy to be here

Not quite thrilled yet, mind. I'm still bricking it over the worry that we'll mess it all up and be usurped by Derby, or worse - QPR.

IF we go up, hopefully this time round our manager won't jump ship in January to go to the "massive" club down the road that is Bolton Wanderers F.C :P

I think we have as good a chance, if not slightly better, than last time we mingled with the rich-kids. I feel that in Trippier we have a genuinely talented young right-back who we're lucky to have; in our captain Shackell probably a man who will make the step up comfortably; and of course Danny Ings, who we're all terrified of losing to a bigger club who will be quite happy to throw big money at his wages whilst we stick to another wage cap.

Last time our best result was beating Man U in our first home game. Maybe not such a big achievement next season :D

If the best should happen and we win and Derby don't, hope all your traveling fans have a bit of fun too, even if you did lose on the day... which you deserve to. We haven't forgiven you for being one of the four to beat us this season (and probably the only one that was a fair loss - well.... Leicester, but everybody was injured so lets not count that one)

He'll play Curtis Main at left back, AK will be looking for a way to crowbar him back into the team. It's unorthodox alright!

I reckon Curtis Main would make a decent full back. He's strong, fast, decent in the air, and puts in a strong tackle. He'd also bomb up and down the touchline. The only problem would be his positional sense, but I reckon Woody could talk him through the game. The more I think about it, the less ridiculous it seems :P

He'll play Curtis Main at left back, AK will be looking for a way to crowbar him back into the team. It's unorthodox alright!

I reckon Curtis Main would make a decent full back. He's strong, fast, decent in the air, and puts in a strong tackle. He'd also bomb up and down the touchline. The only problem would be his positional sense, but I reckon Woody could talk him through the game. The more I think about it, the less ridiculous it seems :P

I actually thought this the other month, he has all the attributes.