oneBoro Forum
Downsouth

Boro V Burnley (A) 1-0

This is just a tribute :o

Are you saying that this is not, the greatest match thread in the world, ho ho no no?!

Couldn't remember, the greatest match thread in the world... This is a tribuuuuute

This is just a tribute :o

Are you saying that this is not, the greatest match thread in the world, ho ho no no?!

Couldn't remember, the greatest match thread in the world... This is a tribuuuuute

The key to winning this game is tenacity. Especially around their penalty area. You could say we need to be 'Tenacious around the D' :d

(I'll get my coat :s)

im so pleased some of you realised what I was trying to start :D

Look into the thread and it's easy to see,

DS wrote a poem, then we beat Burnley,

It was destiny...

He asked us: "Be you angels?"

And we said, "Nay. We are but men."

BOROOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Once every hundred-thousand years or so,

When players don't whine and their boots don't glow,

And the fan base grows...

You never know we may be on a roll and maybe we can turn these over.

Better get the beer and pies in I see we have a connection.

Should be well worth watching, and a good game either way.

Dare I say 2-2.

I've been saying all week that there is no chance of the play-offs, but can it really hurt to get bit of optimism back into the season? Beat Burnley and Reading and it's all to play for. Maybe. Probably not though

I think we'll lose but there's no disgrace in that. Burnley have only lost four matches all year and are flying high at the moment. Plus we have no defence whatsoever.

I think we can capitalise maybe on their nervousness but honestly I just don't see it.

2-0 Burnley.

Do Burnley even have any fit strikers?

Ashley Barnes scored for them t'other day so I think they've got a grand total of one. Still more than we have fit CBs :)

Do Burnley even have any fit strikers?

I think Ings is set to return which is bad news.

Who do we reckon will play left back?

Is Parnaby fit?

Is Meling ready to step up?

• Latest Posts

• You couldn't really legislate for Hugill scoring a worldy. That said even though we were crap and sloppy, but we should've got a point out of it.
    • The last section is the exact reason Wigan won't win their appeal. The EFL simply refuse to acknowledge that their set of tests is not fit for purpose. They even then mention another case where that was evident (Bury).
    • The owners haven't massively overspent and run the club into the ground. From what I have seen Wigan is/are a fairly well run club in terms of finances (in a football sense anyway). But the owners have literally used the club for some very murky reason. They sold the club to a new owner (a fund) that the old owner was the majority shareholder in. Then immediately installed a new majority shareholder to the fund that now own Wigan. That shareholder bizarrely has no online footprint at all, other than everything related to him owning Wigan. This man then on the exact same day he has acquired the club has placed it in administration. It is that reason that Wigan are appealing the decision. All of the above of course was signed off by the EFL themselves. Which opens a whole new can of worms.
    • https://www.efl.com/news/2020/july/efl-update-wigan-athletic/   Here is the latest statement by the EFL on the Wigan situation. I agree with a lot of what they say up until they start trying to defend their fit and proper test.
    • Apologies when I said 1/4 of the creditors, I was meaning 25p out of the £. I should have made that clearer. In terms of our situation in 1986 I'm not too well versed with the details (as it was before my time). But I'm pretty sure we were going into Liquidation rather than administration.  I also imagine that the EFL regulations/rules have been updated since 1986.