• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Issue is that teams above us keep winning too. Brighton have won 2 on the bounce and Ipswich one again.

I'm leaving my hope shut away in a box under my bed, and I'll get it out and wear it proudly next year.

I honestly did not think we would get 4 out of 4 but was convincing myself that we would get a credible draw but there is something about this team and the spirit now.

We are beating teams above us and if only changes could have been made sooner, thats why I think we will not get that elusive last spot.

What tremendous participation today and how good to see the return of members who have not been around for a while

I honestly did not think we would get 4 out of 4 but was convincing myself that we would get a credible draw but there is something about this team and the spirit now.

We are beating teams above us and if only changes could have been made sooner, thats why I think we will not get that elusive last spot.

What tremendous participation today and how good to see the return of members who have not been around for a while

You seem to be our lucky charm DS! ;)

Congrats on being 4 unbeaten...lets hope you make it to the end of the season.

Does anyone know how long Friend is out for? If it's longer than a week, we'll be playing this 3 at the back malarkey next game too.

Fantastic performance by the lads today, we rode our luck at times, but fair play to Dimi, man of the match performance. Chalombah and Butterfield were very good too and Woody and Ayala were immense.

Let me pop up some quick ratings:

Dimi 8 - took a long time for him to need to save anything but the last half hour was constant action, and he stopped everything that came his way. Good command of his area, kicking a bit wayward, but very good performance.

Woodgate 8 - strong in the air and with a couple of really good tackles too in a*** the pell mell of it all. Organised things solidly.

Ayala 8 - threw himself into plenty of challenges and looked really up for it. Red for two quick yellows at the end but unflinching in his role.

Chalobah 9 - the calmest figure in our defence, strong when needed and then shifting well into his midfield role when Varga came on.

Adomah 9 - best player on the day for me, initially a little awkward in defensive positions but growing quickly into the game, making some very important blocks and challenges and then also putting in some really good crosses at the other end - he didn't get the ball into the box too many times but each time he did it was a good ball.

Ledesma 6 - one good ball into the box early on but not much else and not as strong defensively as the other side - most Burnley chances came from his side.

Whitehead 7 - good solid protection and worked hard throughout.

Butterfield 8 - Sat quite deep, calm on the ball at times when things were shelter smelter and a good finish for the goal.

Tomlin 8 - Made the goal with a great run, nearly scored a belter

Leadbitter 7 - worked hard, like all the midfield, not as much of a presence as the others but decent

Graham 6.5 - not marked low because of his performance really but just didn't see too much of the ball. He worked their defence as hard as he could and had a couple of opportunities but spent long periods without the ball coming his way.

Subs

Varga (for Butterfield) 7 - hard to rate only being on 20 minutes but got stuck in during those minutes and made some useful tackles.

Williams (for Tomlin) no rating - only on for ten minutes to give some pace and fresh legs, only one real moment on the edge of their area where his decision making was a bit too slow to create an opportunity

Main (for Graham at the very end) - Hi, Curtis.

Play Offs really aren't going to happen.

You have a crystal ball? Can I see too?

Of course you can, it'll show you that we didn't make up 6 points over 6 teams in 4 games.

You don't need a crystal ball though, just common sense and a bit of experience in this kind of thing.

There's too many teams we will need to drop points(plus us to win every game) so we will have next to no chance for the play-offs unfortunately. The team spirit and confidence we will have after this run will do is loads of good for next season and a higher league position will make it much easier to attract higher reputation players so there are huge positives.