• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

So they do have fit strikers now we just need some fit defenders

Even if he is injured Gorgeous George is still well fit!! :)

BBC Tees Sport are saying that Ayala is in the squad for Saturday. So that's 3 defenders sorted (Varga, Woody and Ayala) Just the LB needs sorting.

@EverythingMFC: Aitor Karanka has told BBC Tees he is wary of bringing David Atkinson into the starting line-up against Burnley. #Boro

Got nothing to lose by playing him to be honest.

I'd much rather him gain first-team experience than none-at-all but I can understand Karanka's viewpoint. Don't want to damage the lad's confidence if he has a bad debut.

I'm all for youngsters to be given a chance but it seems we have no decent young LB's that we can play(unless Powlay can correct me?). Isn't our under 21 LB Melling not getting his contract renewed so he can't be too highly rated. Under 18 level LB's? Who knows?. Will they be ready?.

Out of everyone in our squad that's available Leadbitter has the right attributes and experience to be able to step in for one game and do a decent job at LB against very tough opposition in an intimidating environment.

Let's play Steele at LB then!

Nah, Dimi left back, then put Steele in goal. Dimi is left footed :P

Ok Sir David Moyes!! Haha, master Tactician!!

Would AK not just go for;

Chalobah-Ayala-woodgate-varga

-------leadbitter-----whitehead----

Or swap chalobah and varga depending who can adapt better.

Hope woodgate can play the full 90 otherwise it might turn into a long afternoon

.... On the other hand, emergency loan? ;)

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/joe-bennetts-twitter-qa-backfires-6936929

Doesnt sound like Joe Bennett is making the best impression at Villa ^^

I do not see any valid reason for not promoting a youth left back for this game. There's nothing to play for and no pressure. I don't get it. Unless the game was at home, there would be no better time to blood a youth.

He'll play Curtis Main at left back, AK will be looking for a way to crowbar him back into the team. It's unorthodox alright!

I reckon Curtis Main would make a decent full back. He's strong, fast, decent in the air, and puts in a strong tackle. He'd also bomb up and down the touchline. The only problem would be his positional sense, but I reckon Woody could talk him through the game. The more I think about it, the less ridiculous it seems :P

I actually thought this the other month, he has all the attributes.

Leicester did it with Schlupp and that looks like it went pretty well! Worth a bash as he needs to up his game if he wants to be a first team striker.

The Evening Gazette's predicted line up:

Konstantopoulos

Varga

Woody

Ayala

Whitehead

Leadbitter

Chalobah

Adomah

Butterfield

Williams

Graham