• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If we literally don't have any youngsters of a reasonable age that are natural at LB - or in another defensive position should it be possible to swap a first team regular defender to a different defensive position to accommodate him - then I can understand sticking a first team regular in that unnatural position instead. I don't think we should play a youngster in a position that isn't their bread and butter. And I certainly don't think we should expose a player that is far too young to step up to the mark.

But, like Humpty said, the conditions are literally perfect to give a fringe or youth player a chance. If possible. So personally I really hope that we exhaust all reasonable options before deciding to stick Whitehead, or someone of that ilk, in defence instead.

Really not excited by the prospect of Whitehead possibly playing LB. He can barely play with his right foot never mind left. Bet he gives away a penalty if he does play there

If there was a player almost ready for a first team chance then I agree there is no better time, but if the youth player is not ready and he gets destroyed it could halt his progress.

Would love to see a 3-5-2:

------------ ----Graham----Kamara----------------

----------------------Ledesma-----------------------

Adomah ----Leadbitter----Butterfield---- Williams

-------- Ayala----Woodgate----Chalobah---------

---------------------------Dimi-----------------------

Not a chance in hell it would happen but it'd be great if it did